Sox close to sign Maddux for 2-years

maggsmaggs

Someone on White Sox interactive said the Sox were close to signing Maddux to a 2-year deal. He heard this from someone on the Score who heard it from a sports beat writer in Seattle. Dunno if it's true, but it would be nice and he would fill seats in his quest for 300. Anybody else heard anything about it? All I know he would raise attendance and have a tremendous impact on Garland and Buerhle (who is like a maddux, but from the left side)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see us sign Maddus - I hope this rumor is true - it would be great for our young pitchers, great for team attitude, gret PR, great way to stick to that minor league north side team as Maddux goes for 300, wuld bring fans to the park, etc - and Maddux may not care for the AL but it would be Sweet Home Chicago and maybe he doesn;t want to bat any more -

this may be bulls*** but if it is true, I hope it comes true soon

18 wins easy?  Nobody and I mean nobody gets 18 wins easy.  Try 10 wins easy, and even that's a stretch.

You joking right your gonna tell me that Maddux winning 10 games is a stretch?!?!? With our Fire power Maddux would win 18 4-sure he has had one bad year for him which is still a pretty good year for your average pitcher.

Gammons on Sportscenter just said that Maddux will either sign with San Diego or San Francisco, his other possibilities are St. Loius and Arizona if they can clear payroll.  I guess he does want to stay in the NL.  That's to bad,  well Sidney Ponson here we come.

Considering the source, I'd say we've got our best chance yet... :lol:

I think I'm going to go eat some mayonnaise, because I'm gonna learn more doing that than listening to Gammons.

You joking right your gonna tell me that Maddux winning 10 games is a stretch?!?!? With our Fire power Maddux would win 18 4-sure he has had one bad year for him which is still a pretty good year for your average pitcher.

Your dreaming man. Baseball is a lot more complicated than that.

Someone on White Sox interactive said the Sox were close to signing Maddux to a 2-year deal.  He heard this from someone on the Score who heard it from a sports beat writer in Seattle.  Dunno if it's true, but it would be nice and he would fill seats in his quest for 300.  Anybody else heard anything about it?  All I know he would raise attendance and have a tremendous impact on Garland and Buerhle (who is like a maddux, but from the left side)

OMG I would love to see Maddux in a Sox uniform. That would do so much for the team and especially, like you said, help our young pitchers get mature really fast. DO IT KW!!! DO IT!!!

Someone on White Sox interactive said the Sox were close to signing Maddux to a 2-year deal.  He heard this from someone on the Score who heard it from a sports beat writer in Seattle.  Dunno if it's true, but it would be nice and he would fill seats in his quest for 300.  Anybody else heard anything about it?  All I know he would raise attendance and have a tremendous impact on Garland and Buerhle (who is like a maddux, but from the left side)

Consider the Source.. WSI... hAVEN'T WE LEARNED

Consider the Source.. WSI... hAVEN'T WE LEARNED

Are they still bumping the thread from three weeks ago where some guy (with "cheese" in his name) predicted a huge trade.....even saying he had inside sources. :lol:

Was there a website posted from Seattle that validated the claims of Maddux. If not then it doesnt seem right.

Are they still bumping the thread from three weeks ago where some guy with cheese in his name predicted a huge trade.....even saying he had inside sources.  Was there a website posted from Seattle that validated the claims of Maddux.

Who was that? :o

They probably let the thread die .  I havent been able to browse the site since I was banned.  s***, if Maddux does come to Chicago I'll give them credit but until then....... :fyou

He'll come to Chicago... On the North Side