Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
The most surprising thing about that is that he made no threes. Didn't even attempt one, still had 55. That's unreal.

Jermaine Oneal and 3's, and hes a center/power forward, i would expect no 3's

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
7 guys are involved with the tsunami thing...

TMac

Kobe

Jermaine O'Neal

Bob Sura

Jalen Rose

Pau Gasol

Mike Miller

I'm suprised more players aren't getting involved with this.

Sura is only doing this because he knows he will not have to donate anything and still look good.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jan 5, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
Jermaine Oneal and 3's, and hes a center/power forward, i would expect no 3's

I realize that...but i also realize that 55 points is an assload, and the quickest way to get points is via the three pointer. Zero three pointers while still scoring 55 is really surprising to me, maybe not to others.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:55 AM)
I realize that...but i also realize that 55 points is an assload, and the quickest way to get points is via the three pointer. Zero three pointers while still scoring 55 is really surprising to me, maybe not to others.

Well, I think that the key ingredient for asinine point totals is the free throw. That's really how dudes pad their scoring stats. Jermaine hit 17 out of 21.

Amare Stoudemire's 50 point game on Sunday was almost as crazy. He made 20 field goal attempts (to Jermaine's 19), but he only hit 10 out of 17 free throws.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
Amare Stoudemire's 50 point game on Sunday was almost as crazy.  He made 20 field goal attempts (to Jermaine's 19), but he only hit 10 out of 17 free throws.

I wish players would learn that they are caller free throws for a reason. I mean, wtf, baron davis is a career 65% free throw shooter. That is disgusting in my opinion. One wshocking thing :o tonight was that eddy curry hit nine out of his ten attempts

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
It would be the first time all year that Kobe realizes he has teammates and starts passing...

I'm sorry but I just saw this, and it's going in the quotes thread. :lolhitting

The Pistons shot just 31 percent and were paced by Richard Hamilton's 14 points --even though he finished 0-for-10 from the floor. It was the first time in NBA history that a team's leading scorer did not connect from the field, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

"It was just one of those nights,'' said Hamilton, who hit all 14 of his free throws.

What the f***? :huh:

Dear St. Louis,

I hope you like your Christmas present, a ticket to the divisonal playoff games.

Sincerely,

Bobby Engram

HAHA

What a way to end a season, they drop a ridiculous amoutn of passes in the regular season and to send the game into overtime, engram has the 5th seahawk dropped ball .

I'm going to miss his batting stance..... :crying

Batista signs 2-year, $15M deal with Fukuoka

Associated Press

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Third baseman Tony Batista will play in Japan next season after hitting 32 homers and knocking in 110 runs with the Montreal Expos last year.

The free agent said Sunday the Fukuoka Hawks will pay him $15 million for two years -- a $5 million signing bonus in addition to $5 million in each of the next two seasons.

"The Japanese gave me a good offer, but it was also really the only offer that I got," the two-time All-Star told The Associated Press.

Batista said he signed the deal last week in Miami. Fukuoka has not confirmed the deal although it was announced by Batista and his agents. The 31-year-old Dominican said he will travel to Japan at the end of the month.

Batista said Tampa Bay, Houston and Detroit showed interest in signing him but none came close to matching Fukuoka's offer.

For his career, Batista has a .251 average, 214 homers and 681 RBI. He has spent nine seasons in the majors with Oakland, Arizona, Toronto, Baltimore and Montreal.

The Hawks, three-time Japan Series champion, were sold by troubled retailer Daiei Inc. to Japanese Internet service provider Softbank Corp. for $48.5 million in November.