Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the Commissioner dictated what needed to be said, I wouldn't be surprised if he says something like:

"I only bet on college baseball"

I'm wondering where in this scale he will admit and what he really did.

I only bet on minor leagues

I only bet on A.L.

I only bet on other N.L. games

I bet on baseball and it included the Reds to win while I was managing

I bet on baseball and it included the Reds to win and lose while I was managing

I happen to believe he bet on the Reds, I would be shocked that he bet on them to lose. I would be equally shocked that a bookie would knowingly take Pete's bet on the Reds to lose.

WE'LL see about that  :ph34r:

Right off of the top of my head I would say UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, ND, Providence, Seton Hall, and maybe even BC and Miami are better than GTown. But now we are heading into confrence play, and all of this will be settled out.

BTW looking at who GTown has played who is the "real" team? The only team with anykind of name at all is Penn St, and they suck. They will finish 10th or 11th in the Big Ten.

Right off of the top of my head I would say UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, ND, Providence, Seton Hall, and maybe even BC and Miami are better than GTown.  But now we are heading into confrence play, and all of this will be settled out.

BTW looking at who GTown has played who is the "real" team?  The only team with anykind of name at all is Penn St, and they suck.  They will finish 10th or 11th in the Big Ten.

REAL team, meaning Penn st I didnt have say it had to be a good real team :D

I understand he's going to admit to betting on baseball in some book he has coming out though, but whatever.

I hope he finally admits and will be inducted this year because I am going to the induction ceremony. :D Anybody know what former Sox, besides Tommy John are up for induction?

Actually I have been through all of Gary's new ballpark and it was pretty incredible.

I've been there too. It is a great ballpark and all, but that city really needs to spend their money elsewhere. The ballpark cost $6 million. That could have been used towards new schools or rebuilding some of the downtown area. They only avg. just above 2,000 for a 6,000+ seat stadium and at that rate, they won't profit off the team for many years.

Celtics beat the Bulls :headbang Pierce drops 33 :headbang

Skiles rotates people in and out too much for anyone to get in a rythym. The reason the Bulls couldn't hold on is because they didnt have anyone who could take over and bury the Celts. Also because Mike James and Chris Mihm are just too good. :headbang

Panthers r killin the Cowboys 29-10 with 3 mins left. Davis has rushed for 104 yards for Carolina. As a Cowboys fan, I think the Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick era in Dallas is about to end. Me thinks Parcells go heavily afta Mark Brunell and Curtis Martin in the offseason.

Star quarterbacks Peyton Manning and Steve McNair reached the individual pinnacle of the NFL on Jan. 2 when they shared The Associated Press NFL Most Valuable Player award. In just the third tie since the award began in 1957, the premier passers each received 16 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL. Manning and McNair led their teams to 12-4 records, with Manning's Colts edging McNair's Titans for the AFC South crown by winning both games against the Titans.

Okay most of this is me being a homer...BUT....

How does Manning share this w/ the guy he beat TWICE?...and didn't Tenn win twice w/out Mcnair??

Okay most of this is me being a homer...BUT....

How does Manning share this w/ the guy he beat TWICE?...and didn't Tenn win twice w/out Mcnair??

Plus McNair didn't play every game this season. If Manning was gonna tie the MVP with sum1, it should hav been Jamal Lewis, not Steve McNair.

Celtics beat the Bulls :headbang Pierce drops 33 :headbang

Skiles rotates people in and out too much for anyone to get in a rythym.  The reason the Bulls couldn't hold on is because they didnt have anyone who could take over and bury the Celts.  Also because Mike James and Chris Mihm are just too good. :headbang

did i just hear the words good and Mihm in the same sentence he will never EVER compare to JC who we stole in that trade

did i just hear the words good and Mihm in the same sentence he will never EVER compare to JC who we stole in that trade

Oh really I didn't see Jamal winning the Tommy Award tonight (like Mr. Mihm did), in fact I saw him missing shots down the stretch and getting the ball stolen by Mike James. Crawford was so unimpressive it was ridiculous.

Oh really I didn't see Jamal winning the Tommy Award tonight (like Mr. Mihm did), in fact I saw him missing shots down the stretch and getting the ball stolen by Mike James.  Crawford was so unimpressive it was ridiculous.

Spiff, you better just get Mihm's jersey now, before it goes on backorder. :lol:

Panthers r killin the Cowboys 29-10 with 3 mins left. Davis has rushed for 104 yards for Carolina. As a Cowboys fan, I think the Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick era in Dallas is about to end. Me thinks Parcells go heavily afta Mark Brunell and Curtis Martin in the offseason.

NOW ya know how a Dolphin fan feels, and its not a wonderful feelin , Dbahey

NOW ya know how a Dolphin fan feels, and its not a wonderful feelin , Dbahey

At least Parcells said he's gonna shake da team up this offseason, which shows he ain't happy with just makin da playoffs. If I'm da Dolphins I go afta Drew Henson to replace Fiedler at QB. He's just way too injury prone, plus u need sum O-Lineman to open sum lanes for Ricky as well.

At least Parcells said he's gonna shake da team up this offseason, which shows he ain't happy with just makin da playoffs. If I'm da Dolphins I go afta Drew Henson to replace Fiedler at QB. He's just way too injury prone, plus u need sum O-Lineman to open sum lanes for Ricky as well.

YA I would take Parcells in a second over Wanny I would take anyone over him actully. IF Parcells stays with the Cowboys for another yr id be surprised if they didnt win the Supe

Plus McNair didn't play every game this season. If Manning was gonna tie the MVP with sum1, it should hav been Jamal Lewis, not Steve McNair.

Jamal Lewis doesn't even come close to running for 2000 yards if not for Ray Lewis always getting Baltimore the ball. Anyone who watched Balt. knows who their M.V.P is and with 225 tackles and the team lead in picks he should also have been the league MVP. Mannings numbers are inflated because of the blowout games they kept racking it up. Like against New Orleans when it was like 51 23 or something and Manning threw for 6 TD's, 4 of which didn't mean s*** all.

Yea in the New Orleans game he didn't play most of the second half either. So I don't buy that. I don't disagree with Ray Lewis being more valuable then Jamal, but there's no way Payton's not an MVP either. If there were to be a "co" I'd say Payton and Ray, not Steve McNair.

Payton deserves this for this year. That team is .500 at BEST without him. Same goes for Ray and Baltimore. (well they almost were, so maybe not that good). That's a real MVP.