ESPN 1000

Sox1422

Frank won't be traded and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to put the crack pipe down. JR would NEVER allow KW to trade Thomas and get s*** like Perez back in return.

Plus, Thomas still has his 10/5 rights and Frank isn't about to OK a trade to hitter friendly Dogger Park.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, Thomas still has his 10/5 rights and Frank isn't about to OK a trade to hitter friendly Dogger Park.

Not to mention that Frank CANNOT play defense more than once or twice a week.

But anyway, Sox lose my money (not a lot but still) if Frank for Perez goes through. It's sickening.

Travis Lee is a 750 career OPS player who'll be making only 4 Mill less than Frank Thomas will be.....and who might not perform that well playing on a team which is actually in a pennant race, with Frank's fans riding his ASS mercilessly should he, godforbid, get into a smallest of slumps.

I see KW Propaganda Machine has finally convinced Sox fans that Frank is expendable. 

:puke

Brando, we agree, I'm no big fan of Travis Lee.

Not to mention, his agent is Scott Boras, so we can forget about it anyway.

BINGO!! I was about to say that. If it's Bora$, It isn't likely. It's a possibility, but he'll run up the money as usual.

Here's to hoping Dodgers steal Maddux from the Cubs, so Perez becomes just a little less valuable to them.

Maybe then they'll take Koney, who can actually play 1B on daily basis.

:cheers

I would be severly pissed if Frank is traded. But I also think it's gotten to the "point of no return" territory. Too many things have been said, and egos have been bruised. Frank would probably welcome a trade to the Dodgers at this point.

Well Frank being mentioned in these rumors makes all of the trashing of Frank Thomas in the off season make total sense. Piss him off so he accepts a trade. :angry:

:fyou KW.

Realize that if we get a decent trade, I won't be upset if Frank goes. But you don't piss on the franchises best player of this 2nd half of the 20th century to achieve your means.

It really upsets me that if the Konerko deal goes through, that we are 'stuck' with the payroll freed up to sign such quality players. I can't see it happening unless they were just interested in PK/Perez straight up, with no payroll concerns. And we can't sign 3rd tier pitchers, we have to give up talent for them. What a club.

Well Frank being mentioned in these rumors makes all of the trashing of Frank Thomas in the off season make total sense.  Piss him off so he accepts a trade. :angry:

Realize that if we get a decent trade, I won't be upset if Frank goes.  But you don't piss on the franchises best player of this 2nd half of the 20th century to achieve your means.

And people wonder why this franchise has been a total failure for 86 years.

It's being run by petty, vindictive, incompetent assclowns.

I am sick and tired of this rampant Frank's character assasination.

Dodgers should be happy with an all-star Konerko and a prospect for Oda-P

If they're not....they can be content with finishing 3rd in NLW. Their fans deserve nothing less.

:puke

The Konerko-Odalis trade did look attractive back in December, but I was just wanted to see some kind of movement. I would absolutely hate to see Frank go; it's such a rarity to see anyone play their whole career in one place. I just don't see Perez bettering the club much. Though we'd free up salary w/ Frank leaving, what good is it going to do for us? You know Mags is gone after 2004.

Well Frank being mentioned in these rumors makes all of the trashing of Frank Thomas in the off season make total sense.  Piss him off so he accepts a trade. :angry:

Realize that if we get a decent trade, I won't be upset if Frank goes.  But you don't piss on the franchises best player of this 2nd half of the 20th century to achieve your means.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! There is always a method to the madness. I can't see Konerko going to the Dodgers. He is younger than Frank and can still be a really good hitter. Plus he is a bit better defensively, not great, but better. Konerko has never been involved in a spat with KW or Ozzie that I know of. Frank seems like the odd man out here. I am still very skeptical of anything that Levine has to say and I would hate to see him traded straight up for Perez. That would be alot of pressure on Perez as another poster mentioned. Then again KW seems to like him a lot. Anything is possible, I am just very skeptical of this Levine guy. Cub fan moron!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! There is always a method to the madness. I can't see Konerko going to the Dodgers. He is younger than Frank and can still be a really good hitter. Plus he is a bit better defensively, not great, but better. Konerko has never been involved in a spat with KW or Ozzie that I know of. Frank seems like the odd man out here. I am still very skeptical of anything that Levine has to say and I would hate to see him traded straight up for Perez. That would be alot of pressure on Perez as another poster mentioned. Then again KW seems to like him a lot. Anything is possible, I am just very skeptical of this Levine guy. Cub fan moron!

I just don't like trading a man who gave his HOF career (IMO) to the sox. It sickens me... :puke

The only trade I am in favor of is Konerko to LA for Perez. Not Thomas. We save a million f***ing dollars dealing Thomas to LA.....$3 mill this year for Kong, and(hypothetically), we could save up to $8.5 mill in 05, and if Perez pitches well, we resign him and we have another good SP next year as well.

I don't care what anyone says about Thomas's attitude and his selfishness. I know he was the only player in the AL Central to break 40 homers, and he was one of only two White Sox players to break 30 homers....I think Lee was the other when he came in at just 30(unless Everett did with both Texas and Chicago, and I don't think he did, as well as Maggs, and I think he ended up just short, though I could be sorely mistaken). He is the only legit 100 BB guy the Sox have, the only legit .950-1.000 OPS guy the Sox have, and, IMO, is the most dangerous hitter in the Sox lineup, not to mention he is only one of the best, if not THE best, hitter in White Sox history(I think he is, and I think many would agree);.

For Odalis Perez, who had a s*** year in about the best pitcher's park in the majors? As I said, Konerko, yes....it is not a baseball move, it is a financial move. For Thomas, no....it's stupid as hell any way you look at it. Financially....we save $1 mill. Who says we don't lose that mill because of a s*** product on the field? Baseball wise.....Thomas should have been comeback player of the year(won by ELo, but what did he come back from? Anyways, I think Thomas finished 2nd in that), and had a very good year and actually did s*** in the clutch last year(unless you count September, and I do....then again, who did do anything in September? :huh ). Odalis regressed majorly, and was flat out s***ty. Media wise....we trade a media trainwreck and a possible clubhouse cancer for, you guessed it, a media train and a clubhouse cancer.

How does this move make sense? Or are the people on ESPN 1000 just using us as a toilet and giving us some s***? I think I'll take the latter(minus the s*** :) )

OK, I will go out on a limb here ...

Thomas will be the one traded to the Dodgers.

There has been too much smoke about relationship problems with KW, and some people have stated that he's given approval to a trade to the Dodgers.  When I say that, I mean "approved" in terms of his contract (10/5 guy).

As for my opinion on this, I am a Sox fan and a traditionalist, in addition to being a student of sports history.  From that perspective, I would be saddened to see Thomas being traded from the only team he's ever played for.

That being said, it's also my opinion that no player should be untouchable.  If someone is willing to offer enough for a player, it would be foolish to not listen.  But if it's just Perez for Thomas, I'm against that.  Talk about pressure for Perez, wow.

The smoke is beginning to clear though. 

1).  Dodgers ownership situation resolved.

2).  Dodgers need a big right handed bat.

3).  Dodger owner states intention to make a big splash.

4).  Frank Thomas apparantly at odds with Sox management (not owners).

5).  Thomas supposedly ok's deal to Los Angeles.

All I'm saying is, it fits.

Jim,

I love you but I dissagree. Here is why:

1) Konerko is believed to have a hip problem who knows how bad but I think the sox want to dump him

2) Thomas has been a life long WhiteSox player, even though things have not gone well for him in the past I think he stays because JR will keep him.

3) I think the Dodgers do not want Frank playing first full time. Defensively I am sorry he cannot keep up with the big boys throughout an entire year.

4) I would want more for Frank than perez. We would need another prospect.I don't think you trade a future hall of fame player who is relatively cheap and hit 40 homers last year for odalis perez.

Thomas stays Konerko Goes. PS I hate konerko as You know.

Media wise....we trade a media trainwreck and a possible clubhouse cancer for, you guessed it, a media train and a clubhouse cancer

Except Frank is NOT a clubhouse cancer and if you were to take a poll among the Sox players, you'd find out as much. They might want him to take more of a leadership role, but that's totally different.

As far as the publicity he generates....hey, as long as they spell the S-O-X right, you know?

We lose a HOF'er, god knows how many fans and replace it with an overpaid nobody #4 starterl?

The f***?

Except Frank is NOT a clubhouse cancer and if you were to take a poll among the Sox players, you'd find that as much.  They might want him to take a leadership role, but that's totally different.

As far as the publicity he generates....hey, as long as they spell the S-O-X right, you know?

We lose a HOF'er, god knows how many fans and replace it with an overpaid nobody #4 starterl?

The f***?

Which is why I said possible. I honestly had no clue what the team thought or thinks of Frank. One second, it seems they love him, the next it is the opposite.

Regardless, his on-and-off attitude which is on more then off(on being good for the team that is) is better then what Odalis Perez can say.

I agree 100% with you Brando. Great minds think alike, eh??? :D :cheers

I honestly had no clue what the team thought or thinks of Frank. One second, it seems they love him, the next it is the opposite.

But, see, that's where the fallacy lies: when they DON'T love him, it DOESN'T mean they hate him or that he is a cancer.

Frank can be outspoken and articulate and generous one minture....and cold, distant, self-involved the next. Aren't we all like that?

But he DOESN'T f*** people's EX's.

He DOESN'T talk smack about other players

He DOESN'T split the clubhouse into allegiances.

He DOESN'T campaign against his manager, even when provoked.

He might not be a leader (not his nature), but he is most definately NOT a CANCER.

Meanwhile Nobody Perez may not beat out Garland for the job. Nuff said.

if ESPN reported I had three Sox tattoos on my left ankle I would check it out before I believed it (which is a lot more credibility than I give to the SCORE)

a slow sports news day on a Wednesday in February with nothing much else to talk about after the Super Bowl - what are the odds they would float bulls*** just to get people to tune in?

if ESPN reported I had three Sox tattoos on my left ankle I would check it out before I believed it (which is a lot more credibility than I give to the SCORE)

a slow sports news day on a Wednesday in February with nothing much else to talk about after the Super Bowl - what are the odds they would float bulls*** just to get people to tune in?

Yeah, you got a point there, you know when the sports world is down when Bobby Knight is leading Sportcenter yesterday for "almost" getting suspended for 5 days. Im sure the Score had nothing else to talk about, cause the Pro Bowl is certainly not worthy of discussion.