John Burkett no longer an option..?

fattyguy78

From Rotoworld.com

No formal announcement is planned, but free agent John Burkett has decided to retire.

Burkett finishes his 15-year career with a 166-136 record and a 4.31 ERA in 423 starts and 22 relief appearances. He won 22 games for the Giants in 1993 (and never more than 14 in any other season), but he did his best work with Atlanta in 2001 (12-12, 3.04 ERA and 187 Ks in 219 1/3 IP).

Also did I miss the Scott Erickson signing, cause I read yesterday when the Mets signed James Baldwin that he would compete with Erickson for the 5th spot??? Did anyone else hear this??

Why waste our money on washed guys who are no longer effective....I think it would be better to let one of our prospects start....

I don't think that he would have been that bad for us....I mean the Central Division isn't exactly at the calibur of the East...I would think that he would do amazing this year as long as he didn't have to deal with the Yankees, BoSox, and Blue Jays day in and day out, like he did last year.

From Rotoworld.com

No formal announcement is planned, but free agent John Burkett has decided to retire.

Burkett finishes his 15-year career with a 166-136 record and a 4.31 ERA in 423 starts and 22 relief appearances. He won 22 games for the Giants in 1993 (and never more than 14 in any other season), but he did his best work with Atlanta in 2001 (12-12, 3.04 ERA and 187 Ks in 219 1/3 IP).

Also did I miss the Scott Erickson signing, cause I read yesterday when the Mets signed James Baldwin that he would compete with Erickson for the 5th spot???  Did anyone else hear this??

Burkett??:puke Please No Way, That guy is done

From Rotoworld.com

Also did I miss the Scott Erickson signing, cause I read yesterday when the Mets signed James Baldwin that he would compete with Erickson for the 5th spot???  Did anyone else hear this??

I wasnt aware that he was one in the 1st place. If this was 1989 Id be interested but now I think we can file this one in the "who cares" folder.

You know, it's already a crap shoot to expect all of your starters to remain healthy for a whole season to begin with, and now we have 2 proven pitchers and a bunch of question marks in the rotation. 

I'm not liking where this is going.  Not one bit. :angry:

Who are the two proven pitchers Past? Buehrle and...................................

Who are the two proven pitchers Past? Buehrle and...................................

I think Loaiza finishing 2nd in the Cy Young balloting makes him proven to be atleast a solid starter next year. :rolleyes:

He may not have a 21-9 2.90 season again, but I don't think a 16-10 3.50 season is out of the question, and that would be solid enough.