Vegas Odds for Team Wins

kane0730

make that a 3 way parlay.

Sox (Over) + Cubs (Under) + Royals (Under) = BIG $

I would disagree across the board. The Sox at 82.5 is a tough pick, but at this point I would go with under. The Cubs at 92.5 is also a tough pick, but with the addition of Maddux and DLee I think the Cubs will win around 95 games. The Royals at 79.5 is probably the easiest pick. I am the first to point out that they were a fluke last year, but with their additions and the fact that they won 83 games last year, its an easy pick to go over. Picking under 79.5 for the Royals is a fools bet.

82.5 for us is the toughest pick... recent history shows that we win around 82 games a year, the only years we were below that were following the "white flag" trade, and 2002... Granted not much was done to improve the team this offseason, but with the weakest division in baseball, and our history of playing just above mediocrity. I say we win about 85 games

2003 AL Cent 86-76

2002 AL Cent 81-81

2001 AL Cent 83-79

2000 AL Cent 95-67

1999 AL Cent 75-86

1998 AL Cent 80-82

1997 AL Cent 80-81

1996 AL Cent 85-77

The Cubs - have made the playoffs twice in recent years, Followed both of those campaigns with terrible seasons.. They have lost 90+ games 4 of the past 8 seasons. Even with thier improvements, they are likely to underachieve. They may have a winning record, but with substancial competition in the division(astros) they will fall short of 92 wins

2003 NL Cent 88-74

2002 NL Cent 67-95

2001 NL Cent 88-74

2000 NL Cent 65-97

1999 NL Cent 67-95

1998 NL Cent 90-73

1997 NL Cent 68-94

1996 NL Cent 76-86

The Royals - Have had one winning season in the past 10 years, Talent is slightly better than last season, when they had a magical exsistence to reach just 83 wins. they are likely to falter a little but they have a solid core, and play in the weakest division in baseball, 81 wins.

2003 AL Cent 83-79

2002 AL Cent 62-100

2001 AL Cent 65-97

2000 AL Cent 77-85

1999 AL Cent 64-97

1998 AL Cent 72-89

1997 AL Cent 67-94

1996 AL Cent 75-86

1995 AL Cent 70-74

1994 AL Cent 64-51

I bet anyone here $20 that the Cubs will fall short of their high expectations.  Anyone interested in the bet?

I'm with you!

The cubs will NOT win their division...I don't care who their pitchers are!

Terrible team defense + no team speed + iffy offense + question marks at 2d, SS CF + concerns about various players' durability + Dusty's stupid decision making = 80-85 wins, at best!!!

:fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs

I'm with you!

The cubs will NOT win their division...I don't care who their pitchers are!

Terrible team defense + no team speed + iffy offense + question marks at 2d, SS CF + concerns about various players' durability + Dusty's stupid decision making = 80-85 wins, at best!!!

:fthecubs  :fthecubs  :fthecubs  :fthecubs

I will bet my life savings that the Cubs win more than 85 games if you want to take that bet. I hate the Cubs as much as everyone else on this board, but I also know when a team has the goods and the Cubs have the goods. I would hate to take your money in a bet that supports the Cubs, but if you are unwilling to open your eyes to reality(that the Cubs are a very good team), than you deserve to lose your money. Enough with this defending/supporting the Cubs stuff.

I will bet my life savings that the Cubs win more than 85 games if you want to take that bet. I hate the Cubs as much as everyone else on this board, but I also know when a team has the goods and the Cubs have the goods. I would hate to take your money in a bet that supports the Cubs, but if you are unwilling to open your eyes to reality(that the Cubs are a very good team), than you deserve to lose your money. Enough with this defending/supporting the Cubs stuff.

You explain to me how/where the cubs have "the goods"!

Their catching sucks.

Their first baseman is great.

They are weak at 2B.

They are weak at SS.

Their 3B can't play defense.

Their LF is not durable, can't last the entire season.

Their CF is coming off of a major injury...definie question mark!

Their RF...a "one-tool player".

Team defense is awful.

Team will strikeout 1300-1400 times.

No team speed.

Dusty is an idiot!

No leadoff hitter.

Great starters, above-average bullpen. THAT'S IT!

If you can dispute these elements, please try to do so!

Their catching sucks.

They are weak at 2B.

They are weak at SS.

Team defense is awful.

No team speed.

Dusty is an idiot!

No leadoff hitter.

i would have to agree to some extent...

they do have good pitching no doubt about it.

they do have a solid first baseman

and yes up the middle they are probably just as bad as us.

Their catching sucks.

They are weak at 2B.

They are weak at SS.

Team defense is awful.

No team speed.

Dusty is an idiot!

No leadoff hitter.

Agree and disagree on this.

1. We don't know how Barrett will do this season. That's the same as us not knowing how Willie will do.

2. Yes their 1st baseman is good not great. Lee is very good defensively and also very young.

3. Walker and Grudz are not as weak as you think. They get on base, do not strikeout alot, and get the hits needed with runners on.

4. Agree

5.Did you figure that Ramirez improved when he joined that team than when he was on the pirates? I looked at his stats and big difference when he joined the cubs. Plus, he's not Gold Glover Derrek Lee to make the good stops in case Ramirez makes the bad throws, which also makes ramirez better as well.

6. Agree

7. Patterson is 100% Take it or leave it. But I agree he's still a ?

8. I hate sosa.

Their team defense is alittle below average.. So what? The way their pitching is, they will probably strikeout every body anyway. (except Maddux, but can still get people to k.)

Who will strikeout 1300-1400 times? The hitters or their pitching?

Their speed is so-so Agreed.

You might think dusty is an "idiot" but he gets the best out of his players, and he has the "players want to play for him" attitude. Only his job as leaving pitchers out there is he considered that.

Agree on leadoff, even though Grudz didn't do too bad last year.

Agree on last part, even though I think Borroski, Farnsworth, etc.. are overated IMO.

Sorry if I was alittle on the scubbie kool-aid but their team is pretty solid. But I don't care about how their team is doing when we kill them in interleague games. :headbang :fthecubs

We need a 4th and 5th starter...then I'll be confident!

Understandable. Hopefully Shoey and te mysterious 5th starter can step up as well as Loaiza, Buehrle, and esp. Garland. That doesn't mean that the seasons over now and we'll go home watchin the playoffs. We are in the weakest division is baseball. Our team, I believe, is still as talented, if not more, than the other teams in our division. Anything can happen.

Understandable. Hopefully Shoey and te mysterious 5th starter can step up as well as Loaiza, Buehrle, and esp. Garland. That doesn't mean that the seasons over now and we'll go home watchin the playoffs. We are in the weakest division is baseball. Our team, I believe, is still as talented, if not more, than the other teams in our division. Anything can happen.

Sorry I'm using my (overused) analogy, but the Sox winning the AL Central is like being named the "tallest midget"!