hey I need help for skool

GetUpGuy

Here is a link to info on the trial:

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/f...x/blacksox.html

This should give you some good background, and being public record is much more factual that all the 8 men out type movies and novels.

As to the effect on Modern Baseball, well that's your job. However, many feel it was the establishment of the Commissioner's Office, and there could be a good paper in how the best interests of the game were viewed by Judge Landis as compared to Bud Selig. Ha!

I wrote my Senior paper on it back in 2000 (some timing huh?) A great source is The Fix is in by Ginsburg. IIRC, I read somewhere that the Sox got the "Black Sox" name during the season because the players's jerseys were dirty and Comiskey was too cheap to pay for the cleaning bills.

GetupGuy from the games?  Can someone explain this to the slow Canadian.

Let's see how accurate I can be (I am certain if I make some mistakes there are plenty here who will have no problem correcting me :lol: ):

There was a guy who had season tickets behind homeplate and would always yell at the fans to get up to welcome the Sox onto the field or if they did something kickass or if they needed a nudge to help them get the tying (or winning) run. Supposedly someone started complaining about him and the Sox asked him to tone it down. After that, not sure what happened...

GetupGuy from the games?  Can someone explain this to the slow Canadian.

Ya, the real get up guy from the games also is registered here and I don't want anyone to be mistaken of the two people. Right now I'm talking with GetupGuy (This poster) about changing his name in a bit so it doens't mislead people :D

Ya, the real get up guy from the games also is registered here and I don't want anyone to be mistaken of the two people.  Right now I'm talking with GetupGuy (This poster) about changing his name in a bit so it doens't mislead people  :D

I was gonna ask him if he was the real get up guy last night. I didn't remember the get up guy being young or in school. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't he always call into the post game show on ESPN 1000 and isn't his name Dan?