FUCKERS!!! HOW DARE THEY!

CSF

I hate those asswipes on the Northside more than ever now!

BTW, sorry for the thread name.  If a mod wants to change it, by all means go ahead.  I plead temporary insanity.  :D

its ok i thought it was funny how they did that out of all songs. they released the curse because it was trapped inside the ball :lol:

Not sure who said it, but someone was interviewed afterwards, and said if the Cubs don't make it to the World Series this year...and then trailed off.

I think he meant to say if the Cubs don't make it to the World Series this year, they most likely never will. I tend to agree. Their rotation is the best in the majors, they have a good bullpen, their offense is solid, they have a decent bench, and they have a good manager. If they do not make it to the World Series, fans of the team on the Southside wil rejoice everywhere.

I hate those asswipes on the Northside more than ever now!

BTW, sorry for the thread name.  If a mod wants to change it, by all means go ahead.  I plead temporary insanity.  :D

changed as requested ;)

they played Kiss Him Goodbye? How f***ing stupid - that recurses them for two more centuries - their real fans must be pissed as hell :lol:

Cubs fans are so stupid.

Bernie Mac cursed them, remember during the 7th inning stretch he called them the "champs".

Thats a major screw up, and I wondered why Bernie was at a Cubs game I always thought he was a Sox fan.

Until they blow up Bernie Mac the Cubs will not win a World Series, playing our song is just the theme to this year, its the year of the White Sox.

SB

Not sure who said it, but someone was interviewed afterwards, and said if the Cubs don't make it to the World Series this year...and then trailed off.

I think he meant to say if the Cubs don't make it to the World Series this year, they most likely never will.  I tend to agree.  Their rotation is the best in the majors, they have a good bullpen, their offense is solid, they have a decent bench, and they have a good manager.  If they do not make it to the World Series, fans of the team on the Southside wil rejoice everywhere.

:fthecubs :bang :fthecubs :bang

They are overrated! Good starting pitcher. Poor bullpen. No offense.

Awesome :headbang What a perfect way for Sox fans to crash the party. I am laughing my ass off that they couldn't come up with something original and had to borrow from us. I personally think it was perfect. My guess is a Sox fan had something to do with it.

To me it would be like playing the Wisconsin fight song at a NU rally.

To me it would be like playing the Wisconsin fight song at a NU rally.

there is something to be said for that happening in reality

long standing Big 10 football tradition still done by some schools (not by the classless orange colored ones).

When a team comes to Michigan, our band stands in from the visitors section and plays the school song of our guest as part of the welcome opening ceremonies. If the other team brings a band, they are welcome to do a post game band show as well as the half time show and the bands march out together. The guest band always gets a good hand at halftime and M fans enjoy a good band.

At NU, their custom used to be to play the guests' fight song somewhat quietly but loud enough after each guest touchdown foillowed by a louder version of the NU song. It was class that they played our song and good humor that they then played theirs. At last November's UM game at NU, NU did not play the UM song after every score but at the end of the game they did play Hail to the victors as a "salute to our guests" which was very classy and much appreciated.

Being class helps keep it all fun and in perspective.

Now, playing Kiss Him Goodbye as they blew up the ball was just sheer stupidity (which was itself stupidity) and ignorance on cub fans parfts. It shows that they were typical cub fans, ignorant of baseball, to play a song so totally associated with the Sox at their event. How stupid can one be.

I found out about the song being played by means of my boss. Ya see, he is a HUGE Cubs fan, and he came into the office this morning screaming about how the idiots just went ahead and screwed everything up! He said that for whatever reason they were blowing up the ball (stopping the new curse), he feels that they just nixed any good that may have done by singing the Sox song.

So true fans understand the mess up there.

Cubs fans are so stupid.

Bernie Mac cursed them, remember during the 7th inning stretch he called them the "champs".

Thats a major screw up, and I wondered why Bernie was at a Cubs game I always thought he was a Sox fan.

Until they blow up Bernie Mac the Cubs will not win a World Series, playing our song is just the theme to this year, its the year of the White Sox.

SB

No, they wont win anything until they stop using bulls*** curses as an excuse and play championship caliber baseball.