Why I didn't renew my tickets this year.

southsider2k5

SuperSteve, as a seasons ticket holder I agree.

It just seems to me that if a person wants a ticket for a cubs game they should have to provide proof they also bought tickets for the Tigers and Tampa Bay.

I love the full house but I also resent that for some folks their idea of supporting the Sox is to show up one weekend a year.

that is just me though.

Honestly, it is very unlikely I will see the Cubs vs Sox this year...but one of the teams I am planning on seeing this year are the Devil Rays. I like the young, hussle team. They seem like they have fun, and are getting better and better. Another team I would like to see is the Jays.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate that sentiment, but I'm on the other side of the argument by virtue of location.  I can't come in for the opening home series this year -- I have students on a field trip down to the Keys that was set in stone before I found out about a ($%#*&$%! Tuesday) home opener.

I was dealing with that OK because basically a week later the Sox were going to be down here against the D-Rays, but my wife has immutable oblications for that weekend so that's oyt.

The series down here with the Marlins in June and some subset of Games against the Tribe and then Cubs at Sox is all I can swing for a summer trip this year.  I hope I or my dad or Bro scores some tix when they go on sale, but if I have to pay through the nose I'll suck it up and do it.

Between the away Fla series' and a couple of Chicago jaunts I had hoped to be taking in maybe 10 games this year (the most I had made since moving away). Now I'll be lucky to make 5 or so.  Grumble grumble.

[/rant]

being 1,000 miles away makes for an exception from the comment -

being 1,000 miles away makes for an exception from the comment -

I do agree. I have no problem with you getting tickets...but, it is all the people who will not support the White Sox any other time, yet just want to only see the Cubs and so on.

If I were the Sox, I would sell the Cubs tickets in a package. That is what State does with football, hockey, men's basketball, and women's volleyball tickets; you get a UM game normally, but also get one or two not as great games. The tickets always find a way to sell.

supersteve, some weekend you are free at MSU and want to go down to Chicago for a Sat-Sun, let me know - I am booked for the cubs weekend but otherwise not filled up on the others - I might have an opening day maybe, big maybe -

a few weekends I won't make it and a few weekends I will be looking for someone to go with when the kid and the Chicago friends can't make it - keep it in mind -

you are MSU but you are ok

UM does that too with tickets, you can buy in 3 game packages: a MSU, OSU, or ND, plus 2 teams not as big of a draw, usually a noncnferance game but they all sell -

the sox 7 plan worked like that and looks like sox 9 also does but a lot of objections to price I guess - I just get my split season package and take what I get

HORSEs***!!!!!!!!! 

There are going to be no tickets available (to the public) next Sat. for the Cubs/Sox series.  And any available seats are only going to season ticket holders.....

:fyou

I just now read about this, that sucks, i really want to go to at least 1 of those games. My last one was the Friday day game 2 years ago when we came back from 8-0 to win. Probably the most exciting moment i've had attending a White Sox game. (Of course, on TV, the most exciting was Carlos smacking a Grand Slam the year before to win).

Anyway, here's the link for it on the White Sox main page.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...r_cws&fext=.jsp

The list of teams I'd rather see the Sox play than the Cubs:

Oakland

Boston

Philadelphia

Anaheim

Minnesota

Cleveland

Seattle

Toronto

Atlanta

Baltimore

Kansas City

Detroit

Teams I'd like to see LESS than the Cubs at USCF:

Tampa Bay

New York

Texas

I would like to see the Rays, Jays, Angels, O's, Yanks, Red Sox, and Cubs.

supersteve, some weekend you are free at MSU and want to go down to Chicago for a Sat-Sun, let me know - I am booked for the cubs weekend but otherwise not filled up on the others - I might have an opening day maybe, big maybe -

a few weekends I won't make it and a few weekends I will be looking for someone to go with when the kid and the Chicago friends can't make it - keep it in mind -

you are MSU but you are ok

UM does that too with tickets, you can buy in 3 game packages: a MSU, OSU, or ND, plus 2 teams not as big of a draw, usually a noncnferance game but they all sell -

the sox 7 plan worked like that and looks like sox 9 also does but a lot of objections to price I guess - I just get my split season package and take what I get

I'll get to be home for atleast a month over this summer. I talked my advisor into letting me take summer school at home. Rest of the time I'll end up being here for wrestling most-likely. I will probably end up all over the US this summer. I head to Wisconsin (basically in Minnesota) next weekend. I'll probably see Tennessee this summer. Even more places too. Only good thing is we'll get all the travel and expenses paid for. I don't know how much time I am going to have this summer. All I know is I want to make it to quite few games this summer.

I just now read about this, that sucks, i really want to go to at least 1 of those games.  My last one was the Friday day game 2 years ago when we came back from 8-0 to win.  Probably the most exciting moment i've had attending a White Sox game.  (Of course, on TV, the most exciting was Carlos smacking a Grand Slam the year before to win).

Anyway, here's the link for it on the White Sox main page.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...r_cws&fext=.jsp

Guys.. I don't know what you're getting worked up about. There aren't enough season ticket holders to sell out Comiskey... :lol:

at least i can say that i'll be at one of those games because my dads work has season tickets and usually gets tickets every year to one of those games, so im not to worried.

and that friday game when we came back from 8-0, I was in attendance. I was about ready to leave, but then we started coming back and pauly hit two homeruns and i think the second one put the sox in front for good. Best part was, when pauly's second home run went into the bullpen the guys in the bullpen gave the ball to my dads friend and he gave it to me. best sox game ive ever been too.

I went to the saturday cubs-sox game last year. When the great, d'angelo jimenez hit a liner up the middle to bring in Mags in the 9th. One of the funnest games I've ever been to. The atmosphere was awesome after the game.

I went to the saturday cubs-sox game last year.  When the great, d'angelo jimenez hit a liner up the middle to bring in Mags in the 9th.  One of the funnest games I've ever been to.  The atmosphere was awesome after the game.

the atmosphere is always amazing at a sox-cubs game. i love it.

I've always wanted to go to a sox v cubs game... i've never lived closer than 4 hours from Chicago so i've never gotten season tix... oh well

but im planing on going to college in chitown so then i'll blow all my extra cash on games

I'd sure like to get to at least one of those Cubs games at the cell, but living close to 385 miles from the Cell, I don't know if I can work things out. I can get there, but getting decent tickets is going to be the problem. *sigh*