Soxtalk NCAA Tournament Pick'em

But I didn't say NU in the tourney or something. There's a difference.

They're better than Illinois St. anyway.

Where did I mention anything about Illinois State? ISU Basketball was terrible this year.

But at least they have been in the NCAA Tourney before, unlike NU. :headbang :bringit

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Illini to the Alamo and laugh. The first thing that comes to mind is the Alamo Bowl, and we all know Illinois isn't going to a bowl game any time soon. They have to beat a I-A team first. :lol: Then I realize the Final Four is in the Alamo. I continue to laugh.

Hahha.... damn Northwestern fans! Stop making fun of my name, thats the goal for all teams in the tourney, get to the Alamo Dome. We were just there 4 years ago(against Kansas and Arizona), so i figure its time to get back there again.

:headbang

Hahha.... damn Northwestern fans!  Stop making fun of my name, thats the goal for all teams in the tourney, get to the Alamo Dome.  We were just there 4 years ago(against Kansas and Arizona), so i figure its time to get back there again.

:headbang

That might be the goal for a such with such history as Illinois. But, here at State, our goal is to win the NCAA National Championship. :rolleyes:

Hahah.. doesnt Nick Smith look so happy in that championship photo.  I know there was no way he was gonna put his 7'2 body in that mix of guys, he would have been all over the place.

Hahaha, that boy looks so goofy. Hahahaha that is awesome.

That might be the goal for a such with such history as Illinois. But, here at State, our goal is to win the NCAA National Championship. :rolleyes:

Haha, shouldnt that be in green? Seriously though, Izzo always finds a way to win in the national tourney. Its hard picking against the Spartans once the brackets come out, every round, its like, how do i pick against them against this team, and so on...

Haha, shouldnt that be in green?  Seriously though, Izzo always finds a way to win in the national tourney.  Its hard picking against the Spartans once the brackets come out, every round, its like, how do i pick against them against this team, and so on...

Seriously, they have to put it together eventually this season, don't they? :unsure:

They have the tools and talent to make an impact, just something isn't clicking at all. They have taken a beating up here, but everyone is still fully behind them. Maybe losing the Big Ten title -- which they really, really wanted -- will have a positive impact on them.

Where did I mention anything about Illinois State? ISU Basketball was terrible this year.

But at least they have been in the NCAA Tourney before, unlike NU.  :headbang  :bringit

Yeah, but NU would have made a tourney appearance if they were in the Valley. The Valley is the best mid-major in my mind, but it's no Big Ten, even this year.

Yeah, but NU would have made a tourney appearance if they were in the Valley. The Valley is the best mid-major in my mind, but it's no Big Ten, even this year.

WCC is a better midmajor if you ask me. Santa Clara and Gonzage have both went very deep and Gonzage usually goes deep.

Didn't NU make it in when they had Eshermeyer? Or was it the NIT they went deep in that year?

WCC is a better midmajor if you ask me.  Santa Clara and Gonzage have both went very deep and Gonzage usually goes deep. 

Didn't NU make it in when they had Eshermeyer?  Or was it the NIT they went deep in that year?

They lost in the 1st round of the NIT at DePaul in a game that went down to the final minute. That team should have made the tourney, but they collapsed late in the year.

This is true. The Big Ten is hands down a much, much, much tougher conference than the Valley. But the Valley seems to always have one team that makes some noise in the tourney, like SIU in recent years.

Even though I have hardly watched any college hoops at all this year, I'm in just for the hell of it.  Kentucky could make some noise again as long as Georgia doesn't make it.  :rolleyes:

Just hire Dave Odom to take Georgia out for ya if they make it, he seems to be able to handle them easily. Kentucky, on the other hand....... :rolleyes:

And I'm in.