Vacation Plans

Texsox

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that 6 hour round trip the night before i work just doesn't appeal to me this year :lol:

WIMP!

:lol:

That weekend of course was a blur, but it was still fun to go to the game. Too bad I really don't remember you much because you showed up so late. :bang

Here is where we stayed.  It was part of our time share exchange but they also rent rooms on a nightly/weekly basis.

http://www.ranchobanderas.com/

Hmm.. time share... good experience with that..? We were going to buy a condo in Florida, but think time share might be better. We're down there between 4 and 6 weeks a year and I just don't like the hassle of keeping up a condo with so little use..

Hmm.. time share... good experience with that..? We were going to buy a condo in Florida, but think time share might be better. We're down there between 4 and 6 weeks a year and I just don't like the hassle of keeping up a condo with so little use..

Our home base is in Vegas and it was a little rough getting started but all in all it hasn't been too bad. The association is $214 a year and the Gold membership with Interval International (which gives us the option of exchanging) is $133 a year. We can get a two bedroom unit for a week everyother year or a one bedroom or studio for a week every year. Our home base is also a five-star gold rated which means we have no problems with exchanging for any resort. Another nice feature is we are not a set week, it can be anytime of the year.

Our home base is in Vegas and it was a little rough getting started but all in all it hasn't been too bad.  The association is $214 a year and the Gold membership with Interval International (which gives us the option of exchanging) is $133 a year.  We can get a two bedroom unit for a week everyother year or a one bedroom or studio for a week every year.  Our home base is also a five-star gold rated which means we have no problems with exchanging for any resort.  Another nice feature is we are not a set week, it can be anytime of the year.

So for $347 you get a week a year.. or a week everyother year? We would want a 2 bedroom at least, but for at least 4 weeks a year... It all depends on the rating, too, right? We stayed at a friends condo this past trip at Summer Bay Resort which was absolutely awesome and we were going to do the meeting but were just too busy. We figured it would be more like a couple grand a year...

All-inclusives: we like getting out of "the compound" and trying different local restaurants/bars (we ended up doing this anyway, kind of a waste); we don't think the food is that great at all-inclusives- serviceable, but nothing great. Plus we don't like the tourist scene at these places, which are usually quite large and packed with families, obnoxious folks, etc. There's just an overall cheesiness we experienced, and we did stay at one of the better ones (or so I am told!)

Your experience in the Bahamas may have been much different, Steff.

So for $347 you get a week a year.. or a week everyother year? We would want a 2 bedroom at least, but for at least 4 weeks a year... It all depends on the rating, too, right? We stayed at a friends condo this past trip at Summer Bay Resort which was absolutely awesome and we were going to do the meeting but were just too busy. We figured it would be more like a couple grand a year...

That's correct. There were other packages that I think went up to 6 weeks. Our package was I think between $10,000 and $11,000. (of course the higher package you get the association goes up as well)

All-inclusives: we like getting out of "the compound" and trying different local restaurants/bars (we ended up doing this anyway, kind of a waste); we don't think the food is that great at all-inclusives- serviceable, but nothing great. Plus we don't like the tourist scene at these places, which are usually quite large and packed with families, obnoxious folks, etc. There's just an overall cheesiness we experienced, and we did stay at one of the better ones (or so I am told!)

Your experience in the Bahamas may have been much different, Steff.

We were offered to, and did, stay in an adults only area. We could hear the families and kids occasionally - mostly in the mornings - and we saw them on the beaches.. but our pool areas, dining, and room area was all adults. It was very nice.

That's correct.  There were other packages that I think went up to 6 weeks.  Our package was I think between $10,000 and $11,000. (of course the higher package you get the association goes up as well)

OK. That sounds more like what we would do. Helps to get first hand info from someone who actually is part of one. Ya know everyone that was there was like "it's sooo great".. lol. We figured $15K and $2K a year. Thanks for the info Mooch.

We were offered to, and did, stay in an adults only area. We could hear the families and kids occasionally - mostly in the mornings - and we saw them on the beaches.. but our pool areas, dining, and room area was all adults. It was very nice.

That would have helped! As long as there weren't too many obnoxious "adult children" mucking things up.

For future reference (or anyone else here who cares), the Spa Palace (south of Playa) is an adults-only all-inclusive in its entirety! The property looks fantastic. We might even consider that option.

That would have helped! As long as there weren't too many obnoxious "adult children" mucking things up.

For future reference (or anyone else here who cares), the Spa Palace (south of Playa) is an adults-only all-inclusive in its entirety! The property looks fantastic. We might even consider that option.

We had a fabulous time with the "adults" we met there.

I think that's where Jim's son and his fiance are going on their honeymoon.. I'll ask and if it is, let ya know how it is. They're getting married on 9/11.. :unsure:

OK. That sounds more like what we would do. Helps to get first hand info from someone who actually is part of one. Ya know everyone that was there was like "it's sooo great".. lol. We figured $15K and $2K a year. Thanks for the info Mooch.

Anytime Steff. If you need any more info let me know.

BTW, depending on where you are looking in Florida, Disney has a fantastic plan and they have a resort at Vero Beach. Of course they also have a few at Disney World. Both my Mother and my Sister and her Husband are members and they absolutely love it!! They also have exchange capability.

Anytime Steff.  If you need any more info let me know.

BTW, depending on where you are looking in Florida, Disney has a fantastic plan and they have a resort at Vero Beach.  Of course they also have a few at Disney World.  Both my Mother and my Sister and her Husband are members and they absolutely love it!!  They also have exchange capability.

That would be exactly what we would want. I'll have to get my questions together and shoot you an email to pass along to your sister.. :lol:

That would be exactly what we would want. I'll have to get my questions together and shoot you an email to pass along to your sister..  :lol:

:rolleyes: The Vero Beach and Hilton Head resorts are very nice.

I've also heard that Marriott has a very good program.

:rolleyes: The Vero Beach and Hilton Head resorts are very nice.

I've also heard that Marriott has a very good program.

Oh lord.. Hilton Head... just what I need for Jim to hear. :bang I'm already a golf widow every Sunday morning from Easter to Thanksgiving...

I'm definitely going to check into this more detailed. Is there a better time to get in a program..? A sort of "off season" for better prices, perks, etc..?

Oh lord.. Hilton Head... just what I need for Jim to hear.  :bang  I'm already a golf widow every Sunday morning from Easter to Thanksgiving...

I'm definitely going to check into this more detailed. Is there a better time to get in a program..? A sort of "off season" for better prices, perks, etc..?

The best time is if you get into one right before or right after they have opened or a planning a new phase.