Bullpen or heart?

danman31

Would you rather have a good bullpen or a team with heart?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have a good bullpen or a team with heart?

• Bullpen
    • Heart

2003 lacked heart, this year's team appears to lack a bullpen. Heart won today, but bullpen lost opening day. Granted our 2003 bullpen was nothing spectacular, but as the year went on it became a pretty good bullpen. The team heart this year could be crucial, but that bullpen will keep us from doing anything special unless it improves.

Bullpen.

But there's nothing we can do about it at this point. Any GM willing to trade will exploit our situation, and most likely KW will get duped into giving up too much.

Williams was confident going into this season that Koch would "rebound" and infact the bullpen could be better than last year. What a f***ing joke.

Give me heart. Players can be added at any time for a price(and this is especially true for relievers). But heart, or, to me atleast, actually giving a s*** about winning and winning a lot, is much, much more important then having a good bullpen.

Teams will be out at the break and fringe prospects could be traded for solid relievers(KC got Leskanic, Graeme, and Levine for practically nothing last year...those types of pitchers could be all we need).

Why can't we have both?

Oh yeah, the attendance numbers today would answer that question.

what were they? i noted in the game thread that the stadium looked almost empty...

Heart will keep us in every game, a heart never fails, even a good bullpen fails every once and awhile.

i couldn't have said it better... :headbang

what were they? i noted in the game thread that the stadium looked almost empty...

It was a little over 11,000. Oh and BTW, people DO still go to work on weekdays. Not everyone can call in sick whenever they want just to watch a baseball game. I was lucky i got to go today, i only had to miss one class to go.

It was a little over 11,000.  Oh and BTW, people DO still go to work on weekdays.  Not everyone can call in sick whenever they want just to watch a baseball game.  I was lucky i got to go today, i only had to miss one class to go.

that still is pretty bad though...especially for the second home game of the year... :huh

that still is pretty bad though...especially for the second home game of the year... :huh

most 2nd games are really low, for most teams. Most people go to the opener, they're not going to come back the next day, at least most people won't.

Yeah it was bad, it was weird because all the seats that were in the shade were empty, all the people migrated to the seats where the sun shined. It was freezing if you were in the shade. Our attendance will get better, i dont have any doubts about that, just let the summer weather kick in and let our bats stay hot.

Yeah it was bad, it was weird because all the seats that were in the shade were empty, all the people migrated to the seats where the sun shined.  It was freezing if you were in the shade.  Our attendance will get better, i dont have any doubts about that, just let the summer weather kick in and let our bats stay hot.

I'll be going to my 2nd game tommorow, just on the fact that it is going to be 70 degrees + MB is pitching.

God bless spring break! :headbang

Heart, but I think the thing is we had a great bullpen last yr and no heart at all due to Manuel.  This season we have a bad or maybe average bullpen with a lot of heart cause of Ozzie.

Our bullpen's not that bad this year. Aside from Koch and ONE bad performance out of Marte, everyone else has been pretty much solid. Yes, Shingo had a bad start....but it's his first time in the MLB. Let's wait more than a friggin' week into a six month + season to make a judgement on our bullpen.

Our bullpen's not that bad this year. Aside from Koch and ONE bad performance out of Marte, everyone else has been pretty much solid. Yes, Shingo had a bad start....but it's his first time in the MLB. Let's wait more than a friggin' week into a six month + season to make a judgement on our bullpen.

Everybody knows Marte is money and Botch Blows ass. Aside from that I haven't really seen much so I cant say either way. Botch must go though. He can only laugh off so many s***ty performances.

Here's a memo for Botch by the way. Letting the other team come from behind in the late innings is not funny.

I also think are pen is pretty solid. I lost what ever faith I had in Koch today, but we know Marte is solid, Pollite has been good, when Wunsch comes back it will be a plus, and im starting to warm up to Adkins(not as much a C.Rector though :lol: )

Wunsch can be the setup guy when he gets back with Marte Partay as the closer. Too easy. :cheers