Sent Down?

Butter Parque

Excluding Billy Koch, who will be sent down when Kelly Wunsch returnes from the DL?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Excluding Billy Koch, who will be sent down when Kelly Wunsch returnes from the DL?

• Neal Cotts-LHP
    • Jon Adkins-RHP
    • Mike Jackson- RHP
    • Release Kelly Wunsch- LHP

I'm starting to think about cutting Kelly Wunsch.

This will never happen, he's got a guaranteed contract worth $800,000. Therefore, cutting him would mean the Sox eat all of that and get nothing in return, which they won't do.

Expect Adkins to get sent down, even though he's pitched well enough to stay on the team.

I would bet the Sox are looking to maybe trade Wunsch.

I recall some mention of Wunsch going to Boston for Mark Bellhorn...I would imagine this would wait atleast until Nomar gets back because Pokey moved to SS and Mark at 2B. I think we will deal Kelly to someone, I can see it being for a utility guy.

If he does get recalled...then Neil will be the one who goes down. Adkins has earned his spot. No way Koch goes down...$6 million for a minor leaguer is not going to happen.

If he does get recalled...then Neil will be the one who goes down. Adkins has earned his spot. No way Koch goes down...$6 million for a minor leaguer is not going to happen.

That depends on how Danny Wright does in his next start...If he struggles or gets lit up again, he could be going down with Cotts staying and entering the rotation...

That depends on how Danny Wright does in his next start...If he struggles or gets lit up again, he could be going down with Cotts staying and entering the rotation...

That is a good point. I just do not see Kelly and Neil both in the bullpen. I think we are bound to make a deal involving some of our pitching soon. IMHO.

That is a good point. I just do not see Kelly and Neil both in the bullpen. I think we are bound to make a deal involving some of our pitching soon. IMHO.

I would agree, but if Danny Wright doesn't get it together soon, I think Cotts gets a spot in the rotation with either Wright or Adkins being the casualty being sent down to AAA if indeed we keep Wunsch.

im really not sure about this. I like wunsch, adkins and cotts... i think cotts should get sent down cuz he still has a chance to be a great starting pitcher... and he needs to start some in minor league ball if he's going to up here

In a very tough decesion... If Kelly isn't traded, I send Neal down, and stretch him out to take the 5th starters spot.  Have him mirror Wright, and when Ozzie thinks he has had enough, call up Neal.

This scenario makes the most sense, imho. I basically laid this out in another thread about 24 hours ago,

Adkins has been solid while Cotts has been having problems as of late.  Jackson has said that if he's sent to the minors, he'll quit. 

Solution:  Keep Adkins, Jackson and Wunch on the team and send Cotts to AAA to fix his walk problem.

He hasn't given up any runs in 4 1/3 IP of limited work so far this year. I wish all of our pitchers were having these problems :bang

Afta last night's game, I'll say Cotts. I just don't think he's over his walk problems yet. If he goes to Charlotte, Kohleimer would prob move to da pen, and u would hav a 5 man rotation of Cotts, Rauch, Diaz, Grilli and Stewart.