F**k

BrandoFan

Mediocrity Garland is blooped to death.

Adkins, Koch and Politte pitch like s***.

Marte can't come into the game and 1-2-3 without walking a batter.

Visquel is on base 5 times without hitting the ball hard once.

We lead in the 8th. Minnesota trails in the 8th.

We lose. Minnesota wins.

Teams like Mariners in 01, A's and Angels in 02 and Marlins in 03 all had 10+ game winning streaks. When is OURS coming? So far we could barely muster 3.

:puke

We need to keep winning series

And how do you propose we do that?

What we need is a nice 12-game winning streak, one that coincides with Minnesota losing 8 out of 12.

Every day there's something new with this team. Should have known that when they blew a 7-2 lead in season opener.

Mercy!

relax man its still only one game and hey they did almost come back to tie it in the 10th so theirs still hope..... Garland has always been bad against cleveland anyways.... tommorow we will get a win for a series split.... just put this game behind you and look towards the 4 game series with toronto which is more important.

Mediocrity Garland is blooped to death.

Adkins, Koch and Politte pitch like s***.

Marte can't come into the game and 1-2-3 without walking a batter.

Visquel is on base 5 times without hitting the ball hard once.

We lead in the 8th. Minnesota trails in the 8th.

We lose.  Minnesota wins.

Teams like Mariners in 01,  A's and Angels in 02 and Marlins in 03 all  had 10+  game winning streaks. When is OURS coming? So far we could barely muster 3.

:puke

Koch was the only reliever to pitch an effective inning. It was a typical Billy Koch inning, but no one scored on him.

Wait, I think that last sentence is contradictory. It was typical old style Billy Koch inning. Typical now does not include scoreless innings.

Koch was the only reliever to pitch an effective inning.  It was a typical Billy Koch inning, but no one scored on him.

Cotts came in with an inherited runner and got 3 outs. He was the only other reliever to fair well.

Also, people need to relax and not get too down after a loss or too high after a win. The Sox are keeping games close and staying in them. I'd rather have them do this than come out and dominate one night and then not even show up the next. That can be really frustrating.

Cotts came in with an inherited runner and got 3 outs. He was the only other reliever to fair well.

Also, people need to relax and not get too down after a loss or too high after a win. The Sox are keeping games close and staying in them. I'd rather have them do this than come out and dominate one night and then not even show up the next. That can be really frustrating.

I didn't even realize Cotts pitched tonight. I started keeping track on ESPN GameCast when Politte was in.

Schoeneweis has gotten a win after a Sox loss his past two starts.  Looks like he has to step up a third time since the rest of the rotation has not yet except for Loaiza.

So the man who so many Sox fans were certain would be a disaster as starting pitcher is now the one hope for splitting the series with the Aboriginals. Ironic.

So the man who so many Sox fans were certain would be a disaster as starting pitcher is now the one hope for splitting the series with the Aboriginals.  Ironic.

Heard ur boy Adkins didn't hav a good 1 yesterday C.Rector. ;)

Let me say this: after Koch loaded the bases, he looked damn good. He used his curve to set up his heater. Two curves down and in, and he had an 0-2 count. Then, he went with his high heater. That's when he's effective, when he is able to fool hitters.

He K'ed the next guy too. Sure, Koch almost gave us all a heart-attack, but he got the job done. He and Neal Cotts pitched well. I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but I want to see Cotts in the rotation sooner rather than later...

This just seemed like a really f***ed up game for me. Garland pitched good enough....6 duck snorts??? I mean s*** happens sometimes. We hit pretty good...except for Rowand...uggh!!!!!!!!!!

I think Adkins had Vizquel K'd. The ump blew it big time. Then Vizquel gets on with a slow grounder. Then he gets squeezed on his next pitch and that's all it took. He's young....once it gets in his head how perfect he has to be...he got wild. Started thinking too much instead of grippin and rippin. I mean he struck out Lawton with ease...and he looked to handle Vizquel with ease too. I thought his first pitch to Gerut was a strike, but it was called a ball...then the wheels in his head started spinning and all hell broke lose. He'll be ok. He has good stuff.

This isn't a game I'd say the sox got beat...this is a game I'd say the sox lost.

Let's take em shoey!!!!! :headbang

I was so ticked off! I have Dish Network - WCIU is only on Direct TV (By the way, how the f*** does little old CIU get an exclusive deal with Direct TV? :fyou ) So, anyway...I have to watch the CIU games in my garage on a TV that's hooked up to an antenna. It's a good picture, but it gets coldout there. So I'm out there on the couch, under a blanket the entire time - so f***ing pissed off at our bullpen! Argh!

I was so ticked off! I have Dish Network - WCIU is only on Direct TV (By the way, how the f*** does little old CIU get an exclusive deal with Direct TV? :fyou ) So, anyway...I have to watch the CIU games in my garage on a TV that's hooked up to an antenna. It's a good picture, but it gets coldout there. So I'm out there on the couch, under a blanket the entire time - so f***ing pissed off at our bullpen! Argh!

oh good. so direct tv has it... :)

Let me say this:  after Koch loaded the bases, he looked damn good.  He used his curve to set up his heater.  Two curves down and in, and he had an 0-2 count.  Then, he went with his high heater.  That's when he's effective, when he is able to fool hitters.

He K'ed the next guy too.  Sure, Koch almost gave us all a heart-attack, but he got the job done.  He and Neal Cotts pitched well.  I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but I want to see Cotts in the rotation sooner rather than later...

I thank you for your specifics. If that is what Koch did than I think he showed he has the stuff to win and/or close. Maybe! All you see in the box score is the 2 walks and a wild pitch, etc, but hearing how he K'd a batter helps.

However, and I know this is only one game but it seems to happen to us a lot, you don't win when starters give up 11 and 10 hits (Buerhle and Garland respectively) in a game and you don't hold leads when relief pitchers give up homers and lead off walks or can't get the first batter they face out. I think that is the thing that bothers me the most it's the fact you bring in a relief pitcher and they can't get that first batter out.

I trust our pitchers will start coming bearing down and come back today for the win.

To all the fans that think the sky is falling after a loss.  Hurry get under the umbrella

resource-book-umbrella.jpg

I haven't chimed in anywhere, losing is ok. It's the WAY you lose that makes a difference. I'll just leave it at that. I think there's some pretty big holes that are starting to surface, none that can't be fixed, but there are some things that need addressing from what I've seen. Willie is just about the top of my list. That's a hard call, though, because at what point do you give up on a kid? But that top of the line up needs to get the hell on base so the 3-4-5 hitters can do their job the right way.

Bullpen has been decent except, opening day, and last night. 2 out of the first 20 games... so if they have 16-17 bad games all year, that is not so bad. But, it seems like the pressure situations eat these guys' lunch, and we all know that if the Sox are fortunate enough to claw their way to the division, pressure is October. We'll see how they learn and respond here as the weather starts heating up. All in all, so far, not a bad April at all...

We need to keep winning series. We don't want to lose a series vs. Cleve.

Our division is so weak, though, we just need to stay near .500.

If you shoot for the minimum then that's what you get. They need to go into every single game like it's game 7 of the series.

I don't get it, it's one freaking game and some of us are talking about how we were doomed after that opening day loss....Jesus Christ! It's one damn game! Everyone in our league will lose to Cleveland at least once, last night Garland didn't catch any breaks. Most of those hits he gave up were just ducksnorts, only 4 of them were really hit hard.

The bullpen has been great for us this season, so they had a s***ty night last night....WHO CARES!?

This team never gives up, and I love it. Look for Scott "The Show" to take care of business for us again today.

The Sox have never been a team that gets on a roll in April, our winning streaks come during the Dog days of summer.

Just wait, we'll get our winning streak soon enough.

GO SOX

CWSOX45