bad news for the twinkies

baggio202

I hope he gets well....I don't want any damn Twin fan making the excuse that because we beat the s*** out of them this year is because of injuries....when in reality, they probably won't lose much to injury, if anything at all. They thought that their 'injuries' this past year were bad....they don't realize what we went through as far as injuries go in 2001.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the Twinkies are sitting on their asses come October, and we're in the playoffs

Thank God. I hope Milton loses his Fu&*ing leg. It would be better for the White Sox. Not that we need that to happen to win the divison. It we be really funny though. HaHa, I'm laughing just thinking about it :D. I'd just like to say, on be-half of all of us at SoxNet...... let's hope the entire Twin's team gets run over by a truck. Injuring them badly, not killing them, so they spend life sitting in a wheel chair, watching the White Sox win the World Series 30 times in a row. Now that is an ideal world, my friends.

You know, you can say "f***ing" :D

"PUFFINESS IN HIS LEG"?!?!

ok wow I'm sorry but there is no way they can compare what happened to us in 2001 with some puffiness in a leg. wow those minny's make me mad.

I hope they all are blessed with perfect health, cause it'll mak it all the sweeter when we sweep them this year (19-0? somethin like that...) Anyhoo i doesn't matter they'll find excuses for anything in how badly we rape them this year.

THIS JUST IN our backup batboy is injured, time for me to go return my WS tickets. PEACE

-Jim

I'd just like to say, on be-half of all of us at SoxNet...... let's hope the entire Twin's team gets run over by a truck. Injuring them badly, not killing them, so they spend life sitting in a wheel chair, watching the White Sox win the World Series 30 times in a row. Now that is an ideal world, my friends.

You aren't saying that for me. Not al all. In no way.

To wish injury and permanent disability on anyone is beyond the pale of being a fan. Even meaning that :in fun" is f***ing bulss***.

I have been run over by a vehicle and spent a year and a half in rehab, in a wheel chair, and on crutches, several operations, and for the rest of my life I have to work around the loss of some muscles from my leg. The fact that no one can tell when they met me is only a sign of the success of my working so hard in PT and since. I was very lucky that I wasn't permanently disabled. Of course I was very unlucky the car hit me.

Maybe it will happen to you and you will learn that what you think is so funny to wish on others is not that damned funny.

To wish "injuring them badly... so they spend life sitting in a wheel chair..." is sick. Short term or life long disabiliites are not funny. Maybe it will happen to you and we can all laugh, huh?

I was very lucky that I wasn't permanently disabled.  Of course I was very unlucky the car hit me.

permantly disabled???...youre lucky your not permanently dead!!!

i have met C -dub and i can say i never had a clue about any disability...its a testament to the "never say die" spirit that lives in all hard core whiter sox fans !!

no wishing injuries on anyone guys...sox fans are better than that

I was very lucky that I wasn't permanently disabled.  Of course I was very unlucky the car hit me.

permantly disabled???...youre lucky your not permanently dead!!!

i have met C -dub and i can say i never had a clue about any disability...its a testament to the "never say die" spirit that lives in all hard core whiter sox fans !!

no wishing injuries on anyone guys...sox fans are better than that

one leg is shorter than the other - I lost 1.5 inch of femur when the car hit me - and some inner thigh muscles are just gone - kind of have a big depression in the middle of the inner thigh - but I also have a really neat scar running down my whole thigh!

I wear a heel life in the shoe and did a hell of a lot on PT to learn to walk without tilting - I can go without the heel lift and I sometimes do but do it too long and it throws my back out - also all ther aerobics and yoga&pilates that I do are in good part to keep working that leg because if I don't the muscles tighten, ie shorten, and the limp becomes visible. It is funny though when my leg gets really tired and I start veering to the right all the time -

you wouldn't see anything in normal life because I show my inner thigh with big depression to very few people :D Even in the health club I always wear something under my shorts that is long enough to cover the place -

that was the worst f***ing pain in my life, I was able to push my older son out of the way and I was all ok - I looked at my leg and knew it was as badly broken as it was because legs don't do 90degree bends mid femur normally - I was all ok until I got someone to take my son under their wing to take him home, once I was done with the daddy stuff, I said, this really f***ing hurts (and I was wearing my clergy collar... :) )

and then proceeded to set the world record for saying "this really f***ing hurts" repeatedly - then it got worse in the hospital when they had to pull the leg to get it ready to set, damn i was screaming so loudly, I told them to leave me alone, I'd live with it :D really embarrassing afterwards when you have been screaming at people to leave you the f*** alone with the collar on - and after that, nothing has even felt like pain again. Nothing can ever hurt me that bad again.

Literally I went from one day leg pressing 300 pounds to not being to lift my leg at all - when I began PT they put a 1 pound on my leg and I couldn't budge it - and there are days now all these years later (it happened 4-9-85) that the leg still aches and I can feel the place where the bone shattered - but you know how Italian Sox fans are, no one is going to tell us we can't do what we want to do and I wanted to walk again and live life as I did before.

A few more inches one way the car would have killed me, a few inches the other and she may have missed - I will never forget that experience - I never saw the car, I just heard it, turned and shoved my kid as hard as I could out of the way and then I went flying - threw me 18 feet. The only thing that saved my ribs when I landed was all the weights and aerobics that I do, I was in great shape (I had been doing 2 hours of aerobics 5 days a week plus weights for the two months prior to that day, i was in a training program) so instead of going splat, my chest bounced off the pavement - was badly bruised but no ribs were broken.

I never learned the name of the driver because it was some 17 year girl and I knew if I knew her name I would hate her so I made a point of never learning her name.

cdub

thats gotta be wierd to think about..2 inches one way and you never get hit..never have to go through all that pain..but 2 inches the other way and your dead...that had to be tough to deal with..your son was lucky you were were his daddy on that day...thats the big thing you can hang your hat on there...as dads..injury /death to our kids is our biggest fear in life..

i can relate to your story about not being able to lift a one pound wieght...my first day of PT after my surgery they had me do arm curls with a 2 pound weight..i dropped it half way up on the first rep...but im up to ten reps with a 4 lb weight now...slow going but its going nonetheless...

CW thats an amazing story. I've never met ya but I can tell your one of those people thats always nice to everyone and just flat out works hard. This story is just another testament to that. You did what many people wouldn't of done. You were in a wheel chair in great pain and worked yourself all the way back to the point that your friends, Baggs, can't even tell this type of injury once happened.

Yeah I can agree cwsox, getting hit by a car sucks something fierce. I am still suffering effects from being hit by a car when I was 14. I refused to go to the hospital and didn't tell my parents. Stupidest thing I ever didn't do. I now have arthritus in both knees (and I am only 26) and some other disorder with a really long name in the one that took the direct hit. the doctors have said that sooner or later I am looking at a knee replacement in my right knee definitely (they are trying to put it off for as long as possible) and a possibility of a replacement in my left knee at some point in the hopefully distant future. There are days when the pain and swelling get so bad that walking is near impossible. That sucks for anyone, and especially someone that was a long distance runner in high school...(I was planning on running in college and the doctor said No No No!)

Jason, thanks for the kind words. Actually I am a real asshole, I just disguise it!

Fanof14, believe me, I feel your pain. I was lucky that my knee was not involved. The fear of arthritis is one reason I worked my body parts so hard, unbelievable how fast muslces can atrophy, and whether one can fight arthristis or not I don't know but I am trying to.

Your knees were hit - must have been a newer model car than the one that hit me, I was struck by a big old Oldsmobile or something like that, it was a car from the 70s, one of the last of the huge dinosaurs before the energy crisis of the 70s, so it hit me higher.

You didn't tell your parents because you didn't want to get into trouble, right? Wow. It is amazing how a little decision can affect us for so long in such a major way.

I am feeling for you a lot - life is such a matter of circumstance, had it been my knees and not my femur I am not at all sure I could have worked it back as I have, and I know what those days are like when the pain gets bad because I have those even now, not like yours but I know what you mean. I just take some Darvocet and keep pushing it, but that's because it was not my knees. I will keep you in thoughts and prayers.

Your knees were hit - must have been a newer model car than the one that hit me, I was struck by a big old Oldsmobile or something like that, it was a car from the 70s, one of the last of the huge dinosaurs before the energy crisis of the 70s, so it hit me higher.  

You didn't tell your parents because you didn't want to get into trouble, right?  Wow.  It is amazing how a little decision can affect us for so long in such a major way.

yeah, it was a late 80's early 90s "little" car from what I can remember (something like the hyundai excel, mercury tracer and chevy had something similar).

I didn't tell them because at the moment I was hit my younger sister was under the knife and I didn't want to distract them, their thoughts or prayers, I figured she needed them more and my mom didn't need anymore worries. They were re-attaching her growth plate to her hip. It was one of those surgeries that if it didn't take, her leg would always be the size of a ten year old's. She recovered to about 95% and recently had the bolt removed. It turned out the doctor left it in a few years too long - don't ask, you don't want to know - and now her leg is 1/4 inch shorter than the other one. She has periodic back pain, but wears a lift in her shoe and that alieviates some of the pain.

it is kind of like a little club for those who have been hit or those who have been confined to a wheel chair - we know what each other has been through that no one else knows. It is just a whole different perspective. I can easily see your reasoning at the time. You must have been hurting like hell though. I take the knees were not broken but rather badly damaged without a break?

There was no damage to the bone. When I was 18 and my insurance was about to be severed, I went to the doc and he did some x-rays and found the thing with the long name that I can't remember. A few years later when I was going through a physical for something or another, the doctor said that an x-ray was probably pointless, that they should have done an MRI and that would have caught the soft tissue damage early enough to curb it from developing the arthritus (from what I could understand the cartillage deteriorated from the injuries and the two leg bones that bend in the knee have been grinding against each other causing the arthritus to develop).

do you remember the moment of impact? I don't. I remember everything right up to it and immediately after it but not the moment of impact itself. I am sure my brain shut down on that one. One of the things that I knew even as I was flying through the air (and I can remember the sound of the headlights breaking...) was that my son was alright, somehow it regsitered in my mind that I had shoved him out of the way and he wasn't hit and that was a comfort to me as I was airborn. I cannot imagine how I would have felt had he been hit. He was 13 then and small for his age and he would have been shattered a lot worse than me. And much better me being hit than him. (Of course, much better if the driver wasn't high-speeding through town and ignoring a pedestrain crosswalk too...)

I'd like to apologise for my statements made about the Twin's franchise spending life in wheel chairs. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I retract my statements made. After looking at other posts on how it would be better to beat the Twins when they are 100%, I would have to agree with that more. Again, sorry for my statements made. Especially CWSOX, who i have made especially angry at me. I deserve the verbal punishments from all. Again, sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone. :(