Fantasy Baseball

Heads22

We'll definately be doing such. I've been thinking for the past couple days on how to do it, cause I'm thinking we'll have quite a few people interested. Last season the site was a lot smaller so we didn't worry, but this time we may have to set up two leagues or something.

What type does everyone prefer, yahoo or sandbox? My favorite is CBS.

I'd love to be in, although I'm new here.  I'd understand if the veterans come first.  Sandbox has always been my favorite.

It will be on a first come first serve basis. We'll make as many leagues as we need to and then figure out some sort of playoff system if there are multiple leagues so once the playoffs come, the best teams in each league would face off or something.

great idea soxheads.

I think it would be best to get as many teams possible in one league, I like challenges where you have to really decipher the bad players from the decent ones, instead of the great players from the good ones.

all depends how many people we have. 20 should be the max for a league, but if we get more than that who are interested, we can split it into two.

sides don't be able to square off at the end though, right?

I'll find time to be in either way.

You beat me to it Soxheads. I have a proposition. I propose that there be two leagues. One for the rookies and one for the veterans. I was wondering if I could hold a league for the rookies, where I would give expirience to all, like, the busts, yes/no's, and all about fantasy baseball. I would like to play at Yahoo! Fantasy baseball, the original free one. If any body would like this, please send me a post if you are a rookie.

Thanks!

Wsc425

wsc....just to let you know, it is not that hard....hell, last year, I just started....and a guy I met online(though I haven't met personally) held this league that isn't your basic league....he called it Survivor Fantasy Baseball...and it was played out just like Survivor and was a very competitve league.

Anyways....I got fifth in the league and a rookie won it all....he was pretty stacked.

The point I'm trying to make is that you don't have to be experienced to win....you just gotta know a hell of a lot about baseball players and their stats and what not. If we have two deep leagues(like 20 teams for each), that would be awesome....there'd be trades flying through like crazy. You'd probably end up seeing a trade of Brain Daubach for Jeff Liefer sometime during the year, or a trade similar to that.

Just plan ahead....do some homework. Hell, last year, I didn't do any at all...and I still did fine. It's all a matter of drafting smart and making smart moves after that. And with 180-some days of baseball, it is quite thrilling at times....though it also gets boring if nothing is happening. If there was a 20-team league, it wouldn't get boring....trust me.