5/25 games

MnSoxFan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Castro and Haigwood do their thing again. I'm getting disgusted seeing Haigwood in the pen. He impressed the hell out of me when I saw him start for Kanny last year.

He really had a life fastball and seemed to be developing his offspeed stuff nicely.

Unless he knows a different place to pull stats, I don't think anyone would have a clue. I do know that the Sox did move Reed for at least a few days to left (or was it right) so Borchard could play center.

It was rather recently too.

Unless he knows a different place to pull stats, I don't think anyone would have a clue.  I do know that the Sox did move Reed for at least a few days to left (or was it right) so Borchard could play center. 

It was rather recently too.

Hey your not rex. :lol: Thanks, yeah I was looking for it on baseball america but they just had how many game he's been in the of. I'm going to ask another question :stick I've only seen Joe the little time he's been up but do you think he'd do a descent job in centerfield if he played there everday?

Hey your not rex. :lol: Thanks, yeah I was looking for it on baseball america but they just had how many game he's been in the of.  I'm going to ask another question :stick I've only seen Joe the little time he's been up but do you think he'd do a descent job in centerfield if he played there everday?

I could only find 40 games played in OF, no splits by position.

I haven't seen Joe play OF since 2001, so I can't really comment on how he would do in Chicago defensively.

I think Joe could be an average CF defensively. He doesn't have a whole bunch of range, but he has a nice arm and goes all out usually. Scouts always said he would be better off in RF.

Cool, thanks guys, sorry for being a nosey sob. :stick

Doing you one better

During the month of May ---

JB - .356 7HR 22RBI .740SLG in 18 games

JR - .267 2HR 9 RBI .411OBP in 24 games

I can do that one better.

Last 13 games (since 5/13) -- On 5/12 his average sat at .212, now it's .288

LTP - .426 7HR 22RBI .981SLG 6Multi-hit games

Borchard has played 40 games in the outfield, only 4 of which have been in center. Reed has played 39 games in center, and 5 games in left field. The amazing thing about Borchard's recent hot streak is that he's doing it from both sides of the plate. Borchard is now hitting .316-3-12 hitting right handed and .278-6-21 left handed.

In another note, Rauch looked excellent last night in his inning of work. He was consistently hitting 92, and even hit 93 a couple times. This compared to earlier in the month when he was hitting 87-88 with his fastball.

Borchard has played 40 games in the outfield, only 4 of which have been in center.  Reed has played 39 games in center, and 5 games in left field. The amazing thing about Borchard's recent hot streak is that he's doing it from both sides of the plate.  Borchard is now hitting .316-3-12 hitting right handed and .278-6-21 left handed.

In another note, Rauch looked excellent last night in his inning of work.  He was consistently hitting 92, and even hit 93 a couple times.  This compared to earlier in the month when he was hitting 87-88 with his fastball.

I'm pretty sure Rauch will get the nod for when the 5th starter pitches for the White Sox, he was 3-0 in his last 3 or 4 starts with a 1.50 ERA I believe. Good to see him get his velocity back, and hopefully he can grasp this oppurtunity if he gets it. Even betta to see Borchard hittin well from both sides of the plate, although hopfeully he can increase his average against lefties up to the .300 mark. :)