Chicago White Sox @ Oakland Athletics Game Thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That last pitch sucked.  But I think Neal had Kielty struck out before that.  He didn't get the call though.

I've defended Neal pretty vehemently here before, but he's got to learn how to pitch. He knows how to throw pitches, but he needs to learn what he can throw, when, and where.

Lecroy, Morneau, Phelps, and now Kielty, he threw Change-ups up in the zone. Actually I don't remember what he threw LeCroy, That one looked more like a fly out -- But I think that was an 0-2 pitch.

So...why did Shingo get taken out.. :lol:

Like mr.zero said shingo is are hottest pitcher in the pen why not let him face hatteberg with 2 outs and a man on third so that he can start the next inning. Just not a good move by ozzie tonight imo.

That last pitch sucked.  But I think Neal had Kielty struck out before that.  He didn't get the call though.

I'll say this much: between that 2-2 pitch to Kielty that was called a ball 3 and the

2-2 by Bradford to Jose that was called a strike 3....that's just plain ol' bad umpiring.

You cannot ring up a batter on a 2-2 pitch that is 2 inches too low.....when it's a 7th inning, there are 2 outs and his team is down by 3. That's just irresponsible. Sure, if the count was 3-0 or even 3-1 and he was a lead off batter in a tied ball-game, in that case I can see the ump "expanding" the strike-zone to help out the pitcher.....But not under the circumstances it happened in.

Similarly, I can see the ump calling Neal's outside fastball a 'BALL' if A's were DOWN by a run, there were 2 outs and a do-or-die situation........But as it was, the A's were batting in the bottom of the inning, there were NO outs and the runner was already standing on 1st. That was an awful call - especially when Redman was getting that location all game.

In tightly contested games like this, luck and umpiring decide all. :puke

Some games you aren't meant to win.

This was one of 'em.

We played well. We lost a great game.

Yes, but all playoffs team seem to be able to rattle off 5-6 game winning streaks and "paint over" some of the game they let slip by earlier in the year.

Look at the Giants winning 10 straight on nothing more than Bonds, Schmidt and Feliz.

Sox have not been able to gain a serious momentum since June of 2000. There is always a f***ing excuse.....oh we never faced this pitcher before.....oh this guy throws to many breaking pitches away.....oh we don't play well on the Left Coast.....oh this is a when we have to forfeit due to our lack of 5th starter......oh Buerhle and Garland were killed by bloopers.......oh Esteban Loaiza hasn't regained velocity.....oh, Cliff Politte is not confortable with his slider.....oh Neal Cotts accidentally sped Phelps's bat up with a change-up........oh Marte is not feelin' it with his slurve......oh, our base-runners are too stupid/cocky to get a big lead and a good jump while attepting to steal in a key situation.....oh, Roger Bassard has never seen more rain in May and April......og the umpires are irresponsible ( :ph34r: ).......etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, ec, etc....ad nauseum.

I bet if this team had as many key injuries as Twins and Cubs, we'd be 12 games back. Sox are losers and will be until proven otherwise. Where's the mad desire to succeed? Where's the World Series-worthy KILLER INSTINCT?

West Coast is just a boogie man created to cover up for our choke-happy failures.