Chicago White Sox @ Oakland Athletics Game Thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the one who always makes stuff up. First your absurd comment about how baseball is "littered" with players with 50+ hrs and 150+rbi in the minors who never "dented" the majors. Turns out "littered" meant one. Now you say since 2000 , Jose has only 3 less sac bunts than Robbie Alomar. Again you are wrong. Jose had 2 more than Alomar in 2000,  1 less in 2001, 3 less in 2002, 5 less in 2003. He has 2 more this season, but Alomar has hardly played. That's 5 you made up 3. At least you are getting closer. I'm sure Robbie's percentage is a lot higher, and has a lot less strikeouts after bunt failures than Valentin.

Baseball history IS littered with them, Bauman being the one who hit 70+ with 200+ RBI. In the Texas leagues alone there were several more 50+, 150+. Do the research - starting from Bill James's Historical Abstract. Or did you think I was gonna just cough up the names because you requested them? I owe you nothing, old man.

5 more over 5 years? That would make just one per year since 2000 - Robbie played in more games and often bunted on his own volition a BUNCH even when he was hitting .330. And Robbie is a great bunter, mind you, whereas Jose is just average-to-above average in the last 5 years with the Sox. What's Robbie's rate of failure? I have no idea but neither have you. You can produce no proof regarding the 4 bunt strike-outs - perhaps you meant Jose made an out after bunting off a pitch for strike 1? That's not exactly "failing to bunt" - if I were to use this criterion, then Robbie made a bunch of outs after bunting for strike 1 or even Strike 2 last year - and Willie, Sox' second best bunter, should have even more of them in his brief career.

I, on the other hand, can produce 2 bunt base hits and 3 sac bunts by Jose in the first 2 months of this year alone - and he was out for 2 weeks, so it's basically over 6 weeks. The season is young yet. Niiice try.

Jose was among the best bunters on this team since 2000. You can make up all the "failed" bunts you wish - bunt hits and sac bunts speak for themselves. He had 2 failed bunts this year, both off LHP - Sandy and Wilie hads a few failked bunts themselves. But whatever, Dickaroo.