Timo Perez

BrandoFan

No-hit no range little armed lollygaggin momo.

How can you not beat that force-out??!! Totally killed the inning. It's not the first time he either got a s***ty read/jump or plain out dogged it.

Put Rowand there - at least he's got heart and some talent. Timo stopped trying 2 years ago.

He can't even hit righties anymore.!

I have to argee. Why is this guy starting 2 games in a row with better offensive and defensive options like Rowand and Gload on the bench? There is no reason why he should have been forced out on that play earlier in the game. He was going back to the base on the pitch, and got a terrible jump when the ball was put into play. It also appeared that he wasn't running that hard, and possible cost the Sox a big inning.

On a different note, I don't like the way that Guillen has managed this game. He has run the Sox out of a couple of (potentially)big innings. Why attempt to steal, with an average base runner like Lee, with a runner at 3rd and less than 2 outs, with a pitcher that is really struggling, and a hitter that is prone to swinging and missing? That is poor fundamental baseball and a lack of common sense on Guillen's behalf. It cost the Sox a run and an out. There is a big difference between being aggressive and being smart when you are aggressive. Ozzie needs to learn the difference, because he is being aggressive just for the sake of aggressive(which isn't smart). I also don't like Harris running with Uribe struggling at the plate. It turned out to be a DP(strikeout-throwout). Ozzie has to know that Franklin is one of the quickest pitchers to the plate and has a solid move to 1st, which doesn't allow runners to get good jumps. Poor managing on Ozzie's behalf IMO.

Why doesn't someone throw at Boone? He is lucky that I am not on the mound, because if he did that bat toss with me on the mound the next time he comes to the plate I would throw the hardest that I can right at his head(maybe not at his head, but you get the point). I hate cockiness and Boone needs to be taught a lesson. A few bruised ribs and he might think twice about showing up the pitchers with that bat toss that he does. It would also prevent him from driving out over the plate, since the majority of his HR's are up the middle or other way.

Its nice that the Sox offense makes another mediocre(at best) pitcher look like a CY Young canidate. I really think the Sox need to get a player like Finley to help make up for the lose of Maggs. On the other hand, Schoeneweis looked like the Schoeneweis of old. He dodged a lot of bullets and was lucky to not give up more runs than he did. He was constantly falling behind hitters and he can't be effective that way. Hopefully he can rebound. All together it hasn't been a good game. Hopefully the Sox can come back.

I have to argee. Why is this guy starting 2 games in a row with better offensive and defensive options like Rowand and Gload on the bench?

Because he is in Ozzie's harem. And he is not caucasian.

There is no reason why he should have been forced out on that play earlier in the game.

We've seen Harris and a slow-footed Valentin beat out force-outs to SS with nothing more than great jumps and good ol' HUSTLE! And here you got a supposed speedster in Timo who can't even make it to 2nd on a grounder on which a 3B had to make a DIVING CATCH. You literally have to TRY and f*** it up. Huge play, totally killed momentum.

It also appeared that he wasn't running that hard, and possible cost the Sox a big inning.

I've seen him dog it on pop-ups and grounders MANY times. On the last home stand, he hit a routine grounder to 3B, which the latter booted. Unfortunately, Timo Perez was practially walking to 1st and was thrown out. Etc.

And I am not even gonna go into his lazy-ass fielding and making "spectacular" catches on plays that a good CF makes standing.

I think this crap may become contageous. Sox don't need this loser on a team. That s*** may work in NY, but in Chicago we're actually trying to win.

Edit: Outside of that meaningless HR with Sox up by 8 runs in the Metrodome, he's been absolutely BRUTAL against RHP.

On a different note, I don't like the way that Guillen has managed this game. He has run the Sox out of a couple of (potentially)big innings. Why attempt to steal, with an average base runner like Lee, with a runner at 3rd and less than 2 outs, with a pitcher that is really struggling, and a hitter that is prone to swinging and missing? That is poor fundamental baseball and a lack of common sense on Guillen's behalf. It cost the Sox a run and an out. There is a big difference between being aggressive and being smart when you are aggressive. Ozzie needs to learn the difference, because he is being aggressive just for the sake of aggressive(which isn't smart). I also don't like Harris running with Uribe struggling at the plate. It turned out to be a DP(strikeout-throwout). Ozzie has to know that Franklin is one of the quickest pitchers to the plate and has a solid move to 1st, which doesn't allow runners to get good jumps. Poor managing on Ozzie's behalf IMO.

Why doesn't someone throw at Boone? He is lucky that I am not on the mound, because if he did that bat toss with me on the mound the next time he comes to the plate I would throw the hardest that I can right at his head(maybe not at his head, but you get the point). I hate cockiness and Boone needs to be taught a lesson. A few bruised ribs and he might think twice about showing up the pitchers with that bat toss that he does. It would also prevent him from driving out over the plate, since the majority of his HR's are up the middle or other way.

Its nice that the Sox offense makes another mediocre(at best) pitcher look like a CY Young canidate. I really think the Sox need to get a player like Finley to help make up for the lose of Maggs. On the other hand, Schoeneweis looked like the Schoeneweis of old. He dodged a lot of bullets and was lucky to not give up more runs than he did. He was constantly falling behind hitters and he can't be effective that way. Hopefully he can rebound. All together it hasn't been a good game. Hopefully the Sox can come back.

Sometimes Ozzie makes no sense. It costs us games.

Instead of throwing a fastball at his head, toss an empty juice carton. :lolhitting

He was moving the ball around. Sox hate breaking balls away. One of those days. :huh

No-hit no range little armed lollygaggin momo.

How can you not beat that force-out??!!  Totally killed the inning. It's not the first time he either got a s***ty read/jump or plain out dogged it.

Put Rowand there - at least he's got heart and some talent.  Timo stopped trying 2 years ago.

He can't even hit righties anymore.!

Perez, Rowand, and Konerko need to vamos out of my sight. I can't deal with them. I feel like a dean dealing with gangsters at South High. Mercy!

Perez, Rowand, and Konerko need to vamos out of my sight. I can't deal with them. I feel like a dean dealing with gangsters at South High. Mercy!

Konerko was hitting nearly .400 with RISP coming into today, with decent D. and improved baserunning. He even cut down on his GIDP.

Never been a big fan of his, but mentioning him in the same sentence as the worthless Perez is blasphemy. Boo-oo!

Yeah, let's get rid of Konerko who's second on the team in homers and is tied for 4th in OPS. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

I really don't like watching him in the outfield. He never makes a two handed catch, and his other hand always looks like its in his pocket.  I don't know who he's trying to impress out there. -- I didn't see whateevr play you're talking about though.

Two hands? Is the guy 10? It's the Major League's for heavens sake. Two hands? Come on.

I can't believe Oz would put up with a loafer

Ozzie hates Rowand.

Perez is Armando Rios with better defense, which is not saying much.

Rios cost the Sox 2-3 games in 2003 by himself.

Will Sox learn the lesson and drop that zero before he hurts the team even more?

Stay tuned.

Ozzie hates Rowand.   

Perez is Armando Rios with better defense, which is not saying much.

Rios cost the Sox 2-3 games in 2003 by himself.   

Will Sox learn the lesson and drop that zero before he hurts the team even more?

Stay tuned.

Actaullay when Rowand was batting four hundred in spring training Ozzie loved Rowand. Maybe its because Rowand is a 4th outfielder on every team except the Expos. That is all he will be. Now Timo is no better, but we don't have alot with maggs gone, therefore we will need to deal with both of these pieces of crap for awhile. At least until a trade is made, which I predict Rowand will be part of.

How can you not beat that force-out??!!  Totally killed the inning. It's not the first time he either got a s***ty read/jump or plain out dogged it.

He barely flinched back to 1st when that ball was hit, what are you talking about. Except for maybe Willie and Uribe, no one else on the team would have beaten that out. Why does it matter anyway, who is going to hit better? Rowand? Gload? They are all about the same in my book...

Timo Perez is a terrible player who talent wise couldn't hold Arow's jock.

The point is that when our "career 4th OF'ed" gets traded and ends up becoming a solid starting outfielder I don't want to hear all of you b****ing and complaining.

Some guys start off slow.

Guys like Jeter, AROD, Giambi.

They point is if we don't bat AROW consistantly how the hell is he supposed to work himself into a better rythmn.

Either way Perez will never be s*** and if they decide to keep playing him in games then we will continue to lose.

He's reminds me of Milton Bradley except for one thing, Bradley actually has talent.

Timo does it to cover up the fact that he has no talent.

Look - Sometimes Timo does stuff that pisses me off to, but the fact remains:

We do NOT have a major league quality STARTING right fielder right now without Mags. Timo, Aaron Rowand, Gload, Burke? They are BACKUPS! You can only expect so much out of them. However, I totally agree that if he was in fact 'dogging' it, that's pretty pathetic, and playing the game hard should be expected out of EVERY player.

Look - Sometimes Timo does stuff that pisses me off to, but the fact remains:

We do NOT have a major league quality STARTING right fielder right now without Mags.  Timo, Aaron Rowand, Gload, Burke?  They are BACKUPS!  You can only expect so much out of them.  However, I totally agree that if he was in fact 'dogging' it, that's pretty pathetic, and playing the game hard should be expected out of EVERY player.

There is no reason why Perez should be starting over Rowand.

He does nothing well. He is a dog. He is Armando Rios Redux. Etc.