Josh Fields, 3B #1 Pick

thomsonmi

Does he have lightening-fast reflexes and generate effortless batspeed?

Does he have Wade Boggs's (prime) hand-eye coordination and cool?

Or Thomas's eye and knowledge of the strike-zone?

I hope your answers are as follows:

"Yes"

"Oh yes"

"OMG....By cracky, yesiree!"

I doubt ANYONE in this draft, much less any draft, has Thomas' strike-zone knowledge...

Quote from the man of the day, Josh Fields himself (from www.chicagosports.com):

"It's a dream come true to be taken where I was and to have the opportunity to fulfill a lifelong dream," said Fields in that press release. "I've always been a big Frank Thomas fan. Now I'm looking forward to getting to such a great city and joining such a great organization."

:headbang :wub:

Robin Ventura -- Though Ventura may actually be a disappointment.  Considering he never truly met his "potential" -- He had a 57 game hit streak in college.  So many thought he would at least crack .300 in the majors.

Ok, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure.

Robin Ventura -- Though Ventura may actually be a disappointment.  Considering he never truly met his "potential" -- He had a 57 game hit streak in college.  So many thought he would at least crack .300 in the majors.

I heard he batted like 450 and was one of the greatest college hitters of all time.

But in the majors? Palmeiro he was not.

since no one posted it, this is the official Sox press release

WHITE SOX SELECT THIRD BASEMEN JOSH FIELDS

WITH 18th PICK IN TODAY’S FIRST-YEAR PLAYER DRAFT

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox selected third basemen Josh Fields of Oklahoma State University with the club’s first-round pick (18th overall) in today’s Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft.

Fields, 21, batted .362 (88-243) with 10 home runs and 47 RBI in 62 games during his junior season. The right-handed batter collected 21 doubles and scored 54 runs while leading his team to a 38-24 record and a berth in the NCAA Regionals. He also posted a .465 on-base percentage and .580 slugging percentage for the Cowboys.

The native of Stillwater, Okla. was named Preseason First-Team All-American by Baseball America prior to the 2004 season and was rated by the same publication as the draft’s second-best collegiate athlete and third-best power hitter in the university ranks. The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder hit .364 (211-579) with 25 home runs and 132 RBI in three seasons at Oklahoma State.

Fields has also earned three letters as quarterback of Oklahoma State’s football team. The junior passed for 2,494 yards and 21 touchdowns in 2003 and led the Cowboys to a 9-4 mark. He owns the school record for most career touchdown passes (55) and set a Cotton Bowl record with 307 passing yards vs. the University of Mississippi on 1/2/04.

lol

Thats what I get for trying to remember something off the top of my head from like 20 minutes ago.

Went to Future Sox after I posted to see the "Cowboys" on his uniform.

With all the football talk I just expect an OU player.

lol

SB

that's ok

we all know that Badger fans know little or nothing about big time college football :lol: