“Fahrenheit 911”

GASHWOUND

No matter if I agree with Moore or I do, his documentary's are entertaining and well made films.

As a film buff, of course I will see it. I know little about politics and that will not sway my decision to see it or agree with it.

I'll see it.

I find Moore to be an interesting filmmaker, despite his biases and slants.

His movies are a good example of how bits and pieces of information can be skewed to reflect a certain viewpoint.

I can agree with that. What I can't stand about the guy is how serious he take himself.

I can agree with that. What I can't stand about the guy is how serious he take himself.

He's a snot and an anti-authority person from way back, to be sure.

But Moore is also actually very self-deprecating in his books. He admits to his academic and intellectual shortcomings – barely getting out of high school and never graduating from college etc. And the fact that he's a shlub from a Flint Michigan shlub family has always kind of been the point of a lot that he has done.

That's certainly easiest to see in Roger and Me, but elements of that still come out in his stuff now. In Stupid White Men he talks about finding out that he could run for school board commissioner at age 18 – when he was still in high school. He confirmed that was the case, ran, and won, putting the teachers that pretty much hated him in an odd position since they were now answerable to him at some level. It's an odd situation done, no doubt, to flaunt the system. But it underscores Moore's recurring idea that, sure we're a bunch of little guys being trod upon (Moore is less little than some, which his mom always reminded him of...). But if more and more of the little guys start to care, pay attention, and do something about the things that piss them off rather than just b****ing they can have a voice.

That message is true regardless of what flavor politics any of the little guys practice. And it's good that there's meaningful grassroots work being done on all sides – I much prefer it to apathy.

Michael Moore is a f***ing moron...i dont plan on seeing it.

Because his opinion differs from yours?

I'm a strong bliever that the president should always be critcized, esp. for two reasons:

1. Public can see the bad with the good

2. Puts pressure on the president to go far and beyond they best they can do for the country. It is the most important job in the nation.

Because his opinion differs from yours?

I'm a strong bliever that the president should always be critcized, esp. for two reasons:

1. Public can see the bad with the good

2. Puts pressure on the president to go far and beyond they best they can do for the country. It is the most important job in the nation.

no, because he truly is a f***ing moron.

Michael Moore has been known for editing problems and at times being lax in fact checking and fact citation in his book. One only need to check out SpinSanity to find out the distortions in any political book, liberal or conservative. They also dissect statements made by prominent conservatives and liberals in fact checking.

However, Moore does make some interesting points in what he does. In one episode of his TV show "The Awful Truth", he helped a guy get a pancreas transplant. The guy's HMO said it would pay all costs related to his diabetes and then it decided that it would not pay for the transplant which was a necessary operation as a result of his diabetes. If he didn't get the transplant, he'd die. So they went to the corporate HQ and began to ask the guy why they wouldn't cover the costs when the HMO said they would. The guy ended up getting the HMO to pay for the costs of his transplant and changed Humana's policy to cover all pancreas transplants from then on.

He's taken on BMW for not putting money into funds for Holocaust survivors (which they did after his confrontation which he brought a Holocaust survivor who was forced to work for BMW during WW II.) The survivor consistently wrote BMW asking for compensation and had copies of the letters he sent to them for years.

He's also taken on CR Bard and other corporate criminals.

Moore's not the greatest guy around, but there are cases where he does make a good point or a positive impact.

no, because he truly is a f***ing moron.

See, you have the start of a documentary. Start adding up all the ways he's a moron, get a little funding, and you'll be the dahrling of the GOP set. Being famous is so easy in the US.