Time for Frank Thomas to get even hotter?

sox-r-us

Frank Thomas hasn't played the field yet this season, but that will change this weekend. Guillen said Thomas will play first base in at least one game against the Atlanta Braves. The Sox will lose the designated hitter next week when they travel to Florida and Montreal. "I would like to have both in the lineup, but I'm going to get the best matchups," Guillen said. "I know Florida pitchers real well, and I know who I can match up against the guys."

I have a plan for getting Frank AND Paulie to play the game at the same time. How about getting Paulie over to third while Frank plays first. I know that Crede ain't doing so hot, but I believe Paulie played third base in LA.

Konerko at 3rd? You might see a record for errors by one player if that ever happened...NO WAY!!!

Konerko at 3rd?  You might see a record for errors by one player if that ever happened...NO WAY!!!

At the minimum a Paulie to Frank put out would be exciting in that Billy Koch pitching a ninth inning sort of way :puke

guys PK did play 3B in LA, granted not much... but i'd be willing to give up some defence if we could have both their bats in the lineup... i dunno... maybe RF for Paulie?  no, way too slow...

You beat me to the punch.

He did play third, but as stated, not much. Maybe he should take some practice at third, just to see, what could it hurt? :huh

You beat me to the punch.

He did play third, but as stated, not much.  Maybe he should take some practice at third, just to see, what could it hurt?  :huh

He used to be a catcher, you know.

Can Paulie handle 3B? He's gonna have to cheat the line, so anything hit in the hole is a basehit. And then there is bunting...

He used to be a catcher, you know. 

Can Paulie handle 3B? He's gonna have to cheat the line, so anything hit in the hole is a basehit.    And then there is bunting...

But of course I did! I have a bunch of his minor league cards that have him in catcher's garb.