4 certified all stars

hammerhead johnson

Just because he has a 27 game hitting streak going for him doesn't make him an All-Star. He's lacking the power numbers.

That's true. And besides, realistically, he can't compete with the Itchy Rolls, the Vlad "I piss on my hands although you'll never hear me say it" Guerreros, the Gary "I misplayed balls back in Milwaukee on purpose" Sheffields, etc.

But if this hitting streak continues, he has a shot at making it this year, despite the power outage.

A guy who deserves to go but most likely has NO shot is Shingo.

When's the last time he gave up a run? HELL, when's the last time he gave up a HIT???

Maybe if he had gotten into the closer role sooner he could have 7-10 saves by now and maybe get some consideration, but it's way too late for that now.

A guy who deserves to go but most likely has NO shot is Shingo.

When's the last time he gave up a run? HELL, when's the last time he gave up a HIT???

Maybe if he had gotten into the closer role sooner he could have 7-10 saves by now and maybe get some consideration, but it's way too late for that now.

He is next in line. Hopefully, come August, we'll be talking about 5 certified all stars. :headbang

Hell, if Kong keeps this up, we'll have 6.

Where's the love for Jose?

Have Uribe go as a 2Bman, Jose as a SS. I can think of a few SS's who have had solid years(Eckstein, Guillen, Tejada, Young), but Jose really is a top 2 or 3 SS in the league right now.

And you all wanted him castrated for making a few errors in April and May.

Unless Valentin is over 900 OPS (and with his stupid approach, he will never be), he won't have a chance.

Carlos Gullen should be AL's starting SS. Michael Young should be the reserve.

But as usual, Nomar will start, with Tejada backing him up.

If Marte keeps on having good outings he could go as well..

Not a chance.

He's been a bad pitcher this season - gave up a ton of other people's runs and had a hand in quite a few Sox losses.

He'd literally have to go on a 20 inning scoreless streak to edge out Keith Foulke - Gordon and Rivera are shoe-ins.

Uribe should be a lock. Other than Soriano he has been at the top of the 2B class in the AL. MB will probably be there and although Thomas is more than worthy he wont go. Torre will screw him again and instaed drag along Derek Jeter as his 3rd SS and several other of his guys that dont deserve it

Unless Valentin is over 900 OPS (and with his stupid approach, he will never be), he won't have a chance.

Carlos Gullen should be AL's starting SS. Michael Young should be the reserve.

But as usual, Nomar will start, with Tejada backing him up.

I agree. That's why voting should be taken away from the fans, or the game should be an exhibition, none of this home-field s***.