Embarrasing

WSoxShuf

What the f***?  Loaiza has hit how many times in his career?  He's not going to hit 3 HRs, if you didn't notice, we had 2 HRs this series.

I am saying that he made three outs on two damn bunts. If he could have gotten one decent bunt down we win the game.

For one, hold the phone on sticking a fork in us. Like I said in the game thread the Marlins are the best team in the NL w/Burnett and Beckett tossing like they did against us. There really is no doubt in my mind about this.

However this series exemplified the glaring weaknesses we have been outlining for weeks:

1) The need of another SP. Schoenweis is a 4th starter. Period. Getting a starter of 3rd Starter quality or better moves everyone into their pefrect roles.

2) Another bullpen arm. Preferably a bullpen arm that is not wild and can get guys on both sides of the plate out. Granted, this type of arm is hard to find...so I'll be more than happy with one that has great control.

3) A Left-handed bat. Preferably a left-handed bat that can play CF (*cough Steve Finley cough*) This series showed this glaring weakness each night. Everytime a team marches out an above average RHP it's more than likely this team will lose. Sad but true.

This series was defintely a cause for concern. Should we hit the panic button? No. Let's wait until we struggle at full strength before we do that. However, this team is at least a couple trades away from fielding a team that can win this division.

I agree with you on everything except for the fact that we need at least two bullpen arms. Politte can no longer be in the right handed set-up role, and who does that leave, adkins. Adkins whip is pretty high and eventually that is gonna hurt him.

Politte should of been shipped to flordia with Billy Botch.

Maybe we can send him down to AAA and hopes someone claims him off of waivers.

Seriously he is reason this game was lost.

Although I do disagree with certain moves ozzie made politte just sucked plain and simple....

Ohh well stay positive and get the EXPOS....

GO SOX! :bringit

Not pitching, but offensively he ruined our best chance in the 7th.

Hawk was really, really pissed off about that too. I think I heard him slam the table. He was right though. I mean, Lowell was basically five feet from him when the ball hit the bat. At least take some pitches, take a hack, something...

I can't see why people expect a pitcher that has spent a vast majority of his career in the AL to be able to do anything productive with his bat. Any advanced runner, base it or whatever is a pure bonus.

Why filet' a guy for trying, when you should have no reasonable expectation of any success at all?

We got some issues if we cant handle business against those slugs.

The way their amenic offence has been, if we can put some runs on the board, we should win this series quite easily. It'll be interestin to see how they come out without Koch though. ;)

The way their amenic offence has been, if we can put some runs on the board, we should win this series quite easily. It'll be interestin to see how they come out without Koch though.  ;)

It'd be like trying to run for the first time after taking off a heavy backpack.

:rolleyes:

Just because their bullpen sucks doesn't mean they won't have their good days.

exactly!

and we lost 2 in a row on the road playing with rules we are not familiar with -

not a time to be embarrasssed, put on our Smiths albums, get depressed and slash our wrists

I’m just glad the Sox are never seeing the Marlins again.

Loaiza gave a very good performance last night. He only made one mistake which turned out to be a HR. Let’s not forget the Sox had the bases loaded in the sixth I believe. And who was batting? Frank Thomas. In his career he has 8 Grand slams. Now I’m not saying I want him to hit a long one while the bases are loaded, but you have two runners in scoring position. If he had hit a single than the score would have been 3-1.

You said:

Stick with a god damn lineup for once.

Harris is nothing but an automatic out.

Valentin makes me want to puke

Uribe swings like sosa now.

Crede nuff said

Olivo cant hit a curveball if his life depedned on it.

Our bullpen looks like s***.

Why the f*** not use shingo there, Politte is useless.

I say: Get a grip.

The only player that sucks of all those you listed is Politte.

We are what we are ... a team capable of finishing about 8-10

over .500 if everything goes well.

If not for Thomas and Lee in the last two weeks, we would have been nothing.

Not everybody clicks at all times. If they did, we'd have a 10 game lead. There'll be offensive struggles, and the reason Lee and Thomas get paid big money is to give them a little spark when needed most.

Just relax. Our best player is on the DL, and we got shut down by the World Champs. It's not the end of the season.

This series could have and should have been worse. We should have been swept.

What the f***? NEVER has the team that should have won lost. It's impossible. Why should we have lost? Because we were down 5-0? Maybe they should have lost, seeing as how they blew a 5 run lead in the last two innings. "We should have been swept" :rolleyes:

It astounds me how when me win a ballgame that we didn't play very well in "we should have lost"

That is my number 1 ,f***ing capitalized NUMBER ONE, pet peeve among sports fans. Every single team that won the game, should have won.