Sox Fans Votes are crushing the Cubs

gsoxs1

Just want to say well done to all Soxs fans that have voted so far. Here the results up to now from chiagosports.com

So far the hole team is made up for White Soxs. GO SOXS!!!!

Your 2004 All-City team

Bench

White Sox

Poll results: White Sox (1305, 84.2 percent); Cubs (244, 15.8 percent).

Third base

Joe Crede

Poll results: Joe Crede (1200 votes, 64.4 percent); Aramis Ramirez (663 votes, 35.6 percent).

Shortstop

Jose Valentin

Poll results: Jose Valentin (682 votes, 74.8 percent); Ramon Martinez (230 votes, 25.2 percent).

First base

Frank Thomas

Poll results: Frank Thomas (1450 votes, 58.7 percent); Derrek Lee (1059 votes, 40.9 percent); Paul Konerko (78 votes, 3 percent).

Second base

Juan Uribe

Poll results: Juan Uribe (1460 votes, 55.5 percent); Todd Walker (1127 votes, 42.9 percent); Willie Harris (42 votes, 1.6 percent).

Catcher

Miguel Olivo

Poll results: Miguel Olivo (783 votes, 56 percent); Michael Barrett (534 votes, 40 percent); Sandy Alomar (12 votes, 0.9 percent); Paul Bako (5 votes, 0.4 percent).

Again way to go Sox fans. Also, we have a good count going for the starters as well.

My team would look like:

Olivo

Thomas

Uribe

Valentin

Ramirez

Lee

Harris

Ordonez

Staff of: Prior-Buerhle-Wood-Loaiza-Zambrano

And a bullpen of: Marte-Hawkins-(I don't watch the Cubs much, but their bullpen is better than ours - so whoever the best Cub relievers are. And Shingo as closer. :headbang

Oh yeah - the question was raised, since Thomas is a DH, he'd obviously be a DH on this team. Who would you put at first base, Lee or Konerko?

My All City team

Starters: Prior, Wood, Buehrle, Loaiza, Zambrano

Relief Core: Clement, Takatsu, Hawkins, Adkins, Schoenweis, Maddux, Marte

1b-Thomas

2b-Harris

SS-Uribe

3b-Ramirez

C-Olivo

LF-Lee

CF-Alou

RF-Ordonez

DH-Konerko

Bench-Gload, Walker, Hollandsworth, Sosa

Honerable Mention-Alomar, Barrett

Coach-Guillen

Bench-Baker

Pitching-Coop

Hitting-Walker

Bullpen Catcher-Man Soo Lee

Bullpen Coach-Rothschild

GM-Hendry

Owner-JR

Also, we have a good count going for the starters as well.

WTF? Other than Buehrle, Loaiza (maybe Garland) I would take Prior, Wood, Zambrano (maybe even Clement/Maddux) anyday of the week.

I would say:

Wood

Prior

Buehrle

Loaiza (maybe Clement/Garland)

Zambrano

or it can be another way too. :)

My All City team

Starters: Prior, Wood, Buehrle, Loaiza, Zambrano

Relief Core: Clement, Takatsu, Hawkins, Adkins, Schoenweis, Maddux, Marte

1b-Thomas

2b-Harris

SS-Uribe

3b-Ramirez

C-Olivo

LF-Lee

CF-Alou

RF-Ordonez

DH-Konerko

Bench-Gload, Walker, Hollandsworth, Sosa

Honerable Mention-Alomar, Barrett

Coach-Guillen

Bench-Baker

Pitching-Coop

Hitting-Walker

Bullpen Catcher-Man Soo Lee

Bullpen Coach-Rothschild

GM-Hendry

Owner-JR

Just wondering: are you trying to make it realistic? No way Sosa would ride the pine. Same goes for Maddux-Clement; they aren't relievers, they're starters. And I'd probably rather have the Trib own us - 90 million + payroll would be real nice on the southside, but I'd rather have Kenny Williams as my GM than Hendry. Let's see Hendry yield a competitive team on a 60 million dollar budget...

WTF? Other than Buehrle, Loaiza (maybe Garland) I would take Prior, Wood, Zambrano (maybe even Clement/Maddux) anyday of the week.

I would say:

Wood

Prior

Buehrle

Loaiza (maybe Clement/Garland)

Zambrano

or it can be another way too. :)

He meant in the poll on Chicagosports.com. We have 4 of the 5 starters as of now and I believe the only Cub on the list isn't Wood or Prior, but Zambrano.

White Sox Interactive pulled together to make these poll results possible. Several posters are collectively stuffing the ballot and sckewing the player selected.

I honestly believe its hilarious. The purpose is not to select the player most deserving, but rather to stick it to the Tribune. How would this starting rotation sound to you. Listed below was the starting rotation WSI is pulling together to achieve:

Jon Garland

Scott Schoneweis

Mark Buehrle

Esteban Loaiza

Glendon Rusch

:lol:

Could anyone here anticipate the column written on this poll once everything is completed? Sox fans single handily decided the entire "All Chicago Team," and well probably get credit. Hilarity will ensue, that you can count on.