about shingo

hi8is

once word around the MLB gets around about him and his style... will MLB players be instructed to sit on a slow pitch by shingto and belt it on a rope like Mauer did?

i think this maybe something to worry about.. because aside from him we have no closer.... if everyone he faces just sits on his slow stuff to hit on a line drive rope.... i think we're in trouble

whatda u think?

once word around the MLB gets around about him and his style... will MLB players be instructed to sit on a slow pitch by shingto and belt it on a rope like Mauer did?

i think this maybe something to worry about.. because aside from him we have no closer.... if everyone he faces just sits on his slow stuff to hit on a line drive rope.... i think we're in trouble

whatda u think?

Didn't Mauer hit a fastball?

Relievers

Felix Hernandez

Jason Christianson (T)

Robb Nen

Antonio Osuna

Trevor Hoffmann (T)

Rod Beck (T)

Steve Kline

Jose Mesa

Rheal Cormier

Roberto Hernandez

Billy Wagner (T)

David Weathers

Paul Schuey

Armando Benitez

Chad Fox

Antonio Alfonseca

John Smoltz (T)

Terry Adams

Ron Villone

Curtis Leskanic

Billy Koch

Scott Williamson

Alan Embree (T)

Mike Timlin (T)

Troy Percival

Uegeth Urbina (T)

Jeff Nelson

Eddie Guardado (M)

The one guy are would really like the sox to get for next year would be Scott Williamson to solidify are bullpen. Boston will most likely resign him anyway.

Shingo has a 65 MPH frisbee and an 85-88 MPH fastball.

Sit on the frisbee, you are beaten.  Sit on the fastball and you are way out in front of the frisbee.

People will not catch on to Shingo.

not only the change of speeds, he changes his arm angle all the time

I hate to burst your bubble, but after next season, Shingo is as good as gone. 

His agent is none other than Scott Boras. 'nuff said.

We have a $2.5 million dollar option on him for next year. Besides, as much of a schmuck Boras is, the decision is ultimately Shingo's. He may decide he likes it here, for many of the same reasons he chose Chicago in the first place. Boras will try to get him as much as possible, but you never know. Shingo seems to really like it here so far.

Yeah, I don't think that he'd be a big free agency player, Borass or no Borass. Apparently he passed up quite a bit more money in Japan to get a chance in MLB. That alone tells me that he's one those rare players who place money second behind happiness. I think Shingo is happy in Chicago and can't imagine why he'd want to leave.

Damn.  The guy gives up a hr and people start worrying?  lol.  Calm down.  The guy is a good pitcher.  He wasn't gonna go the rest of the year without giving up a run.

not a HR, just a double

it just got my wheels turning and i thought id post a thought to get some feedback, thats all....

SHINGO RULES!

I think however said it earlier was right, Mauer hit a fastball for the rope double, but Lee could have cut it off and held him to a single.

Secondly, another thing Shingo does well is piss off hitters. It is discouraging for MLB hitters when they cannot hit a 60 MPH "frisbee"

I would be more concerned with the fact that never threw more than 50 innings a year over there in Japan. He's closing in on 30 with more than half the season remaining and I'm sure a lot more innings to come. that should be interesting.

Shingo has a 65 MPH frisbee and an 85-88 MPH fastball.

Sit on the frisbee, you are beaten.  Sit on the fastball and you are way out in front of the frisbee.

People will not catch on to Shingo.

Case in point: the Jose Offerman at bat. With 2 strikes on him, he was waiting on the frisbee. The result: He was late on a 87 mph fastball.

Maybe his stuff will be figured out. But I don't see it happening any time soon. He seems to be a master at changing speeds and can locate his pitches. That's usually a recipe for continued success. Now, if only he was 25 instead of 35.

As far as Boras goes, being Shingo's agent scares me in terms of keeping him past next year. Then again, it could be a good time to finally establish some kind of relationship with him. Shunning players who have him as their agent isn't the best way to go.

OF course, I wouldn't mind giving Boras the old "f*** you" either. :fyou