Russ Ortiz

HuskyCaucasian

I don't want Ortiz.  We can get Scho in the 5th spot when he gets back.  Ortiz's ERA is 3.67 51 BBs to his 84 SO's.  You can almost add a whole run to that ERA if he came to the AL, and those walks at USCF could make things ugly fast.

i get ortiz because our top 3 starters have thrown alot of pitches this year..if one of them breaks down id love to be able to move shoey back to the rotation instead of this minor league merry - go - round again..

we have only two off days after the all star break...we need an emergency starter on the staff

Paging Russ Ortiz. Paging Russ Ortiz. Please report to the White Sox Dugout.

Felix Diaz please report to AAA.

It is time to get Maggs ass back so we can get Ortiz and Jones, Ortiz pitched great in his last start and Jones NEEDS a change of scenery look what a change has done for R.Hildalgo. Diaz i do not want to see start again.

It is time to get Maggs ass back so we can get Ortiz and Jones, Ortiz pitched great in his last start and Jones NEEDS a change of scenery look what a change has done for R.Hildalgo. Diaz i do not want to see start again.

Diaz, Rauch, and Maggs for Jones and Otriz. DONE DEAL!

I don't want Ortiz.  We can get Scho in the 5th spot when he gets back.  Ortiz's ERA is 3.67 51 BBs to his 84 SO's.  You can almost add a whole run to that ERA if he came to the AL, and those walks at USCF could make things ugly fast.

You smoke crack if you think Scho is better than Russ Ortiz!!!

You smoke crack if you think Scho is better than Russ Ortiz!!!

Where exactly did I say Scho's better than Ortiz? I just don't want to trade Mags for Ortiz, who's numbers will just get worse coming over to the AL. Andruw Jones is definitely not worth the $13M he's owed over the next 3 seasons either.

Where exactly did I say Scho's better than Ortiz?  I just don't want to trade Mags for Ortiz, who's numbers will just get worse coming over to the AL.  Andruw Jones is definitely not worth the $13M he's owed over the next 3 seasons either.

We don't need to trade Mags for Ortiz...just Rausch and Diaz!

W eonly need to throw Mags in the deal IF we want Andruw Jones.

We don't need to trade Mags for Ortiz...just Rausch and Diaz!

If you think the Braves are going to accept that you're on crack. The Braves aren't exactly out of the race with the NL East being so weak. Also it's going to take something decent now that Ortiz is the best available SP that Garcia's off the market.

Did you watch the game last Saturday?  They were saying how Maddux did the same thing before he stayed up for good in the majors.  Baseball is fickle, what says Rauch and Diaz can't do the same thing?

we need to win this year...diaz and rauch might develop down the road...but we need to pick a season and go for it all..i believe that season is now...its so ripe for the picking

If you think the Braves are going to accept that you're on crack.  The Braves aren't exactly out of the race with the NL East being so weak.  Also it's going to take something decent now that Ortiz is the best available SP that Garcia's off the market.

They'd take it if we threw in Joe Borchard!

There is no doubt in my mind are starting rotation is going to change big time by August 1st

It is possible it might change for sure. I only have one question concerning the staff as a whole: How many home runs are these guys going to end up surrendering to the opposition by season's end? This is simply ridiculous for a pennat corending pitching staff to be giving up this many long balls. 3 more today.

Forget the Ortiz crap. First off, he is a medicore pitcher that is doing well in a pitcher's park in the National League. Between facing about two more real batters (pitcher and most 8th hitters in the NL are scrubs) and moving to one of the better hitters' parks in the league, he would suck. Second, the Braves are only 2 1/2 out, so they are not going to give up their 1st starter and their starting CF for prospects. I doubt they would even do it for Maggs, it would hurt their team too much. You know who else is 2 1/2 out? The Cubbies. Why don't we try to get Prior and Patterson while we're at it?

Diaz didn't pitch that well today, but he kept us in the game. Four innings, three runs. Not much you could do with the rain delay.

Inability to get guys out? Athome, what the hell are you talking about. He was great last weekend, and he was alright today. It's his fourth career start and you guys want a Nolan Ryan like performance.

Some of you I just :headshake at...

The Sox aren't allowing that many more homeruns than the other contenders. Most of them are between 80 and 90, the Sox are at 101. That's bound to go down with Garcia in the rotation and Diaz/Rauch eventually dropping out. And Koch is gone, so that shaves a few off too.