This is all a test

The Beast

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beastly, stop your whining.  If Maggs leaves, he leaves.  And who gives a rat's ass what any Cub fan has to say.  Do you know how to use the ignore option?

Magglio won't leave, he's here for years to come, especially with KW's proposal for the future at the Garcia press conference.

Also. Most of them are friends. I'm not blocking friends just over a silly thing like this.

*Bump* *Bump* *Bump* my head on my desk...

Seriously this organizations position right now sucks. We have a potential free agent in Magglio Ordonez, a few trades being made, hurt feelings to be had if Ordonez is traded, a load of messes if Garcia and Ordonez leave via free agency and all this jazz about losing to the cross town rival Chicago Cubs...I don't know if we can consider this team to be a winning playoff team. Right now I'm not sure about the division either. That Minnesota series wasn't a fluke, but how do you even compare this by losing to a team who has lost all of these players and such, and by not getting any hits in this washup today. I can't understand anything right now and right now I am very confused of what Kenny Williams expects to do with all of this. Are we worthy of being a playoff team? Will we lose this game and tomarrow as well, therefore being humiliated til next year? Will we get a trade not involving Magglio? (Or is that not possible, we MUST trade Magglio to get jack diddly squat.) We need Magglio right now, not get rid of him.  Maybe we weren't in line for that fortune cookie when we gave up Olivo. Its very hard to swollow right now. Do I need to calm down and say to myself, its only 1 series, we have plenty more, or what else is needed to relieve my worries and anxiety about this ballclub? :huh

I decided to come back and post once more for my friend here. lets looks at this a bit before we commit suicide. Beastly and others, the Whitesox just swept the twins and have put us in a good position, by the way the lead will change 4 or five more times before the season is over. Second, they are playing in wrigley, with no DH and pitchers hitting, Diaz who in my opinion should not have gotten this start is pitching again against the same team he saw last week. This game was lost before it got started. So what. No big deal. The goal is our division. THIRDLY, Mags will stay, quite frankly I do not care how long. I want to win now not worry about how long I get to cheer for mags. Last I checked mags has not won a damn thing for us in the years he has been here. They WILL NOT trade mags if they are planning on going for it, and for all those who want this guy at any cost, watch what you say cause if you sign him for 14-16 million don't think for one minute you will sign a bunch of others. You will have your precious mags and no one else. Then you will all complain more. The goal is the team , not the player, the goal is to win now, not next year or the year after. So please, when we are 8 or 9 games out, then start b****ing otherwise enjoy a great season with good fun, and by all means another playoff chance.

Take a rest people, its baseball, and we on this day are in first place. LEts win tommorrow then concentrate on the american league. THere will be another trade, whioch most of you will moan that we gave up more farm hands or AARON rowand. The goal will be to win the divisiona nd get into the World series. if that happens I would trade our entire minor league system of over rated ball players any time.

I will now go back into hiding.

Thanks and goodbye.

Well I see that the game is being delayed.

I did not watch the game yesterday so I didn't see Rowands steal.

My point of this thread was...

1. Why are writers coming out with all these Magglio rumors when there has been no confirmation? (Business obviously)

2. I just wanted a close game, no blow out, just a fair effort.

3. I'm worried about the off-season.

Writers come out with anything they can sensationalize to sell papers....if you let that bother you, they have done their job because you will keep reading to assure yourself that what they had written was wrong

You wanted a close game, it was a close game when it was called off.....2 run game against the Cubs bullpen without Jo Bo and Remlinger is not a blow out....we could still have won....it was not to be, that is fine

As a Sox fan, every off-season can be tough if we do not make the big moves other teams do....but remember how weak this division is and Minny will be losing many of their key core (Radke etc) too.....and if we stay in first until the end of the year, we will make enough money to at least have the same payroll....so do not worry

Beastly, How old are you?

I'm assuming about 14. If so, relax, chill.

Somebody said beautifully:

Everytime a pitcher has a bad outing or a fielder makes an error etc. I read 5 posts about how that guy should be traded or WE NEED TO MAKE A TRADE and other types of bulls***.

I sure hope those type of posts disappear, or this board is doomed.

Last year's posts were much more mature and thought provoking.

I still love most posts, but these sophmoric rant posts after losses are tiresome.

Even though the rain f***ed up today's game totally, I had an awful

feeling Zambo and Maddux would want revenge for last weekend and would

pitch their asses off.

We need to win tomorrow for pride sake and to get back

on track, but don't bet the house on it.

Will we lose this game and tomarrow as well, therefore being humiliated til next year?

wtf?

If we lose Sunday the season series ends at 3-3 and the total record vs the cubs in inter league play is Sox 23-19. If we win tomorrow, it is 4-2 us and 24-18. We are ahead no matter what and the worst this year is a draw.

Let's all put on our Smiths albums and slit our wrists, life is too horrible to contemplate.

And how in hell can be humiliataed by a team where one guy uses a corked bat and another guy pisses on his hands?

how in hell can we ever be humiliated by anyone? Are we proud Sox fans or wimps?

In 1970 the Sox were 56-106 and I sure as hell was not humiliated - always Sox, always proud :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

humiliation is inside your own head, not an actual reality

Beastly, How old are you?

I'm assuming about 14. If so, relax, chill.

Somebody said beautifully:

Everytime a pitcher has a bad outing or a fielder makes an error etc. I read 5 posts about how that guy should be traded or WE NEED TO MAKE A TRADE and other types of bulls***.

I sure hope those type of posts disappear, or this board is doomed.

Last year's posts were much more mature and thought provoking.

I still love most posts, but these sophmoric rant posts after losses are tiresome.

16. I took the zoloft for the first time in a while. :ph34r:

wtf?

If we lose Sunday the season series ends at 3-3 and the total record vs the cubs in inter league play is Sox 23-19.  If we win tomorrow, it is 4-2 us and 24-18.  We are ahead no matter what and the worst this year is a draw.

Let's all put on our Smiths albums and slit our wrists, life is too horrible to contemplate.

And how in hell can be humiliataed by a team where one guy uses a corked bat and another guy pisses on his hands?

how in hell can we ever be humiliated by anyone?  Are we proud Sox fans or wimps?

In 1970 the Sox were 56-106 and I sure as hell was not humiliated - always Sox, always proud :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

humiliation is inside your own head, not an actual reality

Let's all put on our Smiths albums and slit our wrists, life is too horrible to contemplate.i wasn't planning on doing that

And how in hell can be humiliataed by a team where one guy uses a corked bat and another guy pisses on his hands?they fight back with facts, and the argument continues

how in hell can we ever be humiliated by anyone? Are we proud Sox fans or wimps?Proud Sox fans. I got humiliated before the 6th when nothing happened

In 1970 the Sox were 56-106 and I sure as hell was not humiliated - always Sox, always proud was proud in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003

humiliation is inside your own head, not an actual reality i'm not humiliated, was only before the 6th inning

wtf?

If we lose Sunday the season series ends at 3-3 and the total record vs the cubs in inter league play is Sox 23-19.  If we win tomorrow, it is 4-2 us and 24-18.  We are ahead no matter what and the worst this year is a draw.

Actually, if we lose on Sunday, we would lose the season series 2 games to 4. But hey, who's counting? :huh

Actually, if we lose on Sunday, we would lose the season series 2 games to 4.  But hey, who's counting?  :huh

you are right and I stand corrected

can't believe I screwed the math on that and I thank you for the correction :headbang :headbang

and I usually have that counted exactly!

correct the math and the rest of my post stands

If we lose this series, our season is officialy over.....

:rolleyes:

Chill Beastly....

If I had a dollar for every time someone said "The season is over" before the f***ing all star break around here I'd be able to buy a new house for cash..........in Winnetka.

If I had a dollar for every time someone said "The season is over" before the f***ing all star break around here I'd be able to buy a new house for cash..........in Winnetka.

I like the fact we get told it is "officially" over :puke

*Bump* *Bump* *Bump* my head on my desk...

Seriously this organizations position right now sucks. We have a potential free agent in Magglio Ordonez, a few trades being made, hurt feelings to be had if Ordonez is traded, a load of messes if Garcia and Ordonez leave via free agency and all this jazz about losing to the cross town rival Chicago Cubs...I don't know if we can consider this team to be a winning playoff team. Right now I'm not sure about the division either. That Minnesota series wasn't a fluke, but how do you even compare this by losing to a team who has lost all of these players and such, and by not getting any hits in this washup today. I can't understand anything right now and right now I am very confused of what Kenny Williams expects to do with all of this. Are we worthy of being a playoff team? Will we lose this game and tomarrow as well, therefore being humiliated til next year? Will we get a trade not involving Magglio? (Or is that not possible, we MUST trade Magglio to get jack diddly squat.) We need Magglio right now, not get rid of him.  Maybe we weren't in line for that fortune cookie when we gave up Olivo. Its very hard to swollow right now. Do I need to calm down and say to myself, its only 1 series, we have plenty more, or what else is needed to relieve my worries and anxiety about this ballclub? :huh

Even if the Sox were swept by Minn., it would have been too early to panic. Being swept by the Cubs might be embarassing for city pride. But nothing in terms of position in the standings that playing Minn. means.

The Sox will be fine. Playing in NL parks has been a struggle w/o Maggs and /or PK and Frank. Once the Sox are back playing AL teams, get ready to see the Sox roll. A few nice long win streaks will put distance between us and Minn. and this will be nothing.