NCAA Football 2005

aboz56

Well, I'm four games into my dynasty at a 3-1 record with the Northwestern Wildcats. So far, I've battled through a three week injury to my running back, a one game suspension to my QB, and a season ending surgery to my best defensive player, my SS.

I just upset Minnesota, 13-10. My kicker hit a game winner with :19 seconds left to go. Surprisingly, the team I lost to was Kansas. My recievers couldn't catch a cold that game, and I lost 24-16, despite 16 fourth quarter points.

I now play Ohio State at home, so a HUGE game coming up for me. I'll at least get my running back, Noah Herron, back. However, his replacement, Terrell Jordan (IIRC that's his name), has done an awesome job, so I'm gonna try and find formations where both of them are on the field at the same time.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my signs that I made...

General: Let's Kick Some Ass

Sack: I got laid this Mornin'

Touchdown: I'm Rick James, b****!!!

My general sign is: I'm not wearing any pants.

And it's in pink and purple.

So you see this guy going nuts with a pink and purple sign saying he has no pants. hehehe

Call me a b**** if you want, but I had to quit my illinois dynasty, they were just too terrible, I couldn't stand it, :lol:

I started one w/ ND (Not a fan, don't really know why I picked them) and I'm 2-0, I suprisingly BLEW out michigan like 27-7, then edged Mich. St. 24-20 in the most hard-fought game I've ever played.

When I do a dynasty i simulate the first 5 years till all the players have names. Then when the off season comes i look for a job with a big school that has turned to garbage or whatever school has the best stadium attendance and go from there.

There are ways to get the current players' names

My general sign is: I'm not wearing any pants.

And it's in pink and purple.

So you see this guy going nuts with a pink and purple sign saying he has no pants. hehehe

:lol:

I have a sign for when I stop the other team on third down, the fans hold up a sign that says "Haha f*** YOU" on it. That's all I made at the time, but I might add some more creative ones when I get a chance.

I noticed one thing real quickly...it's a hell of a lot harder to get to the QB this year...or maybe that's just me.  I was on his ass all night long and only got 1 sack.

I don't think that it's you. Last year, I played a game on varsity level, 12 minute quarters, and sacked the QB 42 times with my LOLB. I think I had 56 sacks as a team that game. This year, the most sacks I've gotten in one game is 3, and that was playing 4 minute quarters on varsity level.

Can someone give me a better discription of those sliders and how they effect the game..

I dont wanna use them and then play some crappy school and have them get unrealistic yardage and what not..

play an exhibition game with them on, see if you like it.

Well no luck for me I'm afraid, the 2 gamestores I went to didn't have it. I'm now trying for my Dad in Malaysia to see if they hav a copy on PS2 over there, othawise I might hav it order it on-line from America. :crying

Does any1 know of a site to find out if PS2 Games over in America are compatible and are able to be played on Aussie PS2's down here, because I think I've read somewhere before that they aren't. :o

I just played probably the funnest game I've ever played on either 04 or 05 just tonight.

I did a bit of simming(I can never play every game...don't know why, I just can't...gets boring I guess), and after the simming, Maryland(me) ended up in the Rose Bowl against Iowa. At halftime, it was 14-7, and my HB(HB #33...I don't know his name...lol) had both TD's, both on the ground. I opened up the second half kicking off, and I got Iowa to punt after about 6 plays. I got the ball on about the 15 after a fair catch. 1st down, I got a 4-yard run from #33. 2nd down, he busts a huge ass run of 80 yards down to the Iowa 1(just missed a TD). 1 or 2 plays later I was in the endzone, and I put up the extra point. We're up 21-7.

I kicked it off, they took it out to about the 18. Very first play of the drive, I call a blitz, and they burn my ass...82 yard TD reception. 21-14.

Then the 4th quarter comes. I drove down the field, and had a 4th and 6 from Iowa's 42. I can punt(which is probably the logical thing to do), or go for it and have a make or break play. I went for it, and didn't get it...it wasn't even close. So they got the ball, drove down the field, and put it in the endzone, and tied it up. They left me about 1:10 left on the clock to drive down the field and get in FG range...plenty of time. So I did just that...a few passes to my TE, a few to my HB(because I rarely complete to my receivers...the CPU always knocks it down...f***ers), and I got down to about Iowa's 26 or so. We brought out the kicker with about 3 seconds left, and I figure this is a chip shot. I aimed poorly, and of course, missed.

So we go to overtime. They won the toss and chose to defend. We drove, and on the 5th play, I threw a TD reception to my HB(his 4th TD of the game, 3 of which are on the ground). They then got the ball, down 28-21, and on 3rd and 14, threw it to the endzone and got it. So at the end of overtime #1, it was 28-28. Next series, they took the ball, and had to throw for it on 3rd and 11...and it was incomplete. They attempted a field goal, and it was good. Next series for me, I ran it up the gut, and lost about 2 or 3 yards. Next play, toss to the left for about 10 yards. Next play I got the first with my FB. On first down I then ran it up the gut for about 7 yards. I then ran it again and got down to the 4. I then gave it to the FB for 2 yards. Next play, HB Iso out of the jumbo set, TD...Terrapins win.

That was probably the best game I have ever played, and I have played some damn good games. My HB ended up with 271 yards on 37 attempts and 5 rec for 55 yards, and all 5 of my TD's, 4 on the ground, 1 through the air.

It seems like the games that are the most fun for me are way low scoring. I was playing Oklahoma with ISU...yeah I know....unrealistic.....But for the majority of the game Iwas up 6-3.....ISU's kicker kicks ass, just so you guys know....nailed a 52 yard FG with no wind....I've seen him nail 60 yarders in warmups in real life....