What this team lacks more than anything

brijames

The same NY Mets that are tied for 2nd place and are only 2 games back of the 1st place Phillies.

Dude...I said it last week, and I will say it again...the NATIONAL LEAGUE SUCKS!

There are at least 4 American League teams that are better than ANY NL team, (NY, BOS, ANA, OAK) and at least that many that are as good as ANY NL team (CHI, TEX, MIN, BAL).

Being the best in the NL is like being the "tallest midget"...it means nothing!

well, the tallest midget beat our tallest man last year...

And the Sox got swept by an inferior cubs team, the Yankees got beat by an inferior Mets team, and in last year's series the Yanks got beat buy an inferior Marlins team.

That's the point, the best team doesn't always win.

BTW...the "mighty" cubs just got shut out by the Brewers! :lol:

:fthecubs

Where was this thread after we swept the,  Twins?  I swear.  The only way to make some fans happy would be to go 162-0.

have you ever heard of the cliche "what have you done for me lately?"

The twins series was great, but do you expect all of us to not care that we just got swept by our crosstown rivals and lost our division lead?

Obviously we shouldn't be jumping off bridges, but this last series warrants anger.

after Carlos' HR...did'ja see Konerko's at bat?

he got a pitch in his wheelhouse & just missed it, with any luck that flies out

deep to right

Do you know why that was an out?

Because Hawkins threw a good belt-high pitch on 2-0 and Paulie wanted to KILL IT.

Longer stride, longer swing....he ended up being tardy and flew out to RF.

Had he tried to just hit a liner hard somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if a line-drive homer to CF resulted. Paulie went for too much and it had the opposite effect.

Brando said:

"Rusch game was an abomination.

He had nothing and Sox couldn't touch him. No runs in 8 innings! My god, how embarassing."

This is utter b.s. Brando. I call you on this.

I watched the game and you are incorrect.

That is pure b.s.

About Paulie You said:

Had he tried to just hit a liner hard somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if a line-drive homer to CF resulted. Paulie went for too much and it had the opposite effect.

Sometimes I think you analyze individual at bats too much.

At times batters wait for pitches, react and swing.

You act like there is an immortal plan on every pitch, every at bat.

It sounds like you've played the game at some point, so I assume

you've been at the plate and reacted to pitches.

But there is not a MASTER PLAN on every at bat. I think Paulie hacked and

what happened happened.

Do you know why that was an out?

Because Hawkins threw a good belt-high pitch on 2-0 and Paulie wanted to KILL IT.

Had he tried to just hit a liner hard somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if a line-drive homer to CF resulted.  Paulie went for too much and it had the opposite effect.

That's what kills the Sox so many times.

We are ALWAYS going for the homerun, even when the situation doesn't call for "swinging for the fences".

Whatever happenned to Ozzie's "smallball" philosophy?

Brando said:

"Rusch game was an abomination.  

He had nothing and Sox couldn't touch him.   No runs in 8 innings!   My god, how embarassing."

This is utter b.s. Brando. I call you on this.

I watched the game and you are incorrect.

That is pure b.s.

About Paulie You said:

Had he tried to just hit a liner hard somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if a line-drive homer to CF resulted.     Paulie went for too much and it had the opposite effect.

Sometimes I think you analyze individual at bats too much.

At times batters wait for pitches, react and swing.

You act like there is an immortal plan on every pitch, every at bat.

It sounds like you've played the game at some point, so I assume

you've been at the plate and reacted to pitches.

But there is not a MASTER PLAN on every at bat. I think Paulie hacked and

what happened happened.

First of, real quick....Have you ever tried ignoring my posts? Works for many people, you should give it a shot. :headbang

Secondly....Nobody is blaming Paulie or Lee. They were the two players who had a decent game. But Paulie's 2-0 swing on a fastball against Hawkins wasn't very smart or pretty - then again, if Paulie's swings were consistently "smart", he'd be a perennial All-Star if not a HOF'er.

Thirdly.....You must not have been watching Sox in 2002-2003.

And "analyzing" (to me it's just remembering what I saw and giving my opinion, this is a message board, not a scout symposium) individual atbats can often reveal trends and stuff. But who cares about that, right?

Rusch was his mediocre self. He OWNED the outer half of the plate because Sox players could never drive the ball middle-away on any sort of consistent basis -- even Maggs who used to excel at it in years past now loves nothing more than to turn-n-burn. Big Frank's and Crede's atbats in particular were pitiful. Instead of lining a weak outside fastball to RF/RCF like Kong did in the 7th, Sox hitters were fouling it off and Rusch had them at 0-2, 1-2 a lot.

Quit making excuses for Sox hitters hitting like their selfish loser counterparts from 2001-2003 did. Good ol' choking in front of the national audience is what it was. Hell, Greg Maddux couldn't understand why they didn't hit him hard in the Saturday game - by his own admission, he made more mistakes than he did a week ago at USCF.

Tell you what, Sox hitters come into a playoff game against Mulder/Hudson/Brown/Vasquez/Pedro/Shilling with that type of approach/mindset and they are f***ED.

Brando I don't ignore your posts because I like to read what

you have to say.

I called you on what I thought was b.s.

I think the fact Paulie lined a single to center shows he wasn't

trying to whack it out of the park every time.

And I believe firmly Rusch pitched a great game and

is having a great season thus far.