Wilder: "They wanted Borchard"

aboz56

and how long are we gonna have to wait for him to "Get his s*** together"

3 more years??

He has been a bust so far, not ONE person on this board can deny that.. If he doesnt change that soon everyone is going to give up on him.. I dont want another .240 hitter that can hit 30 HR's... We dont need that..

What would be nice is a #2 hole hitter who can hit.300 and get an OBP around .380-.400 and steal some bases... that woulda been nice

MoS, I'm not even going to take the time and deal with you, because I guess you can't take the time to read my post and see I'm both a Reed backer and a Borchard backer... :rolleyes:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting this from though?  That he doesn't have the range for it?  Are you just guessing?  Where did you read this?  ABoz said that Reed wasn't a gold glover, but still an above average outfielder.  Aboz has seen Reed play before.  Have you?

Average OF? Ok that should mean that he wil be a liability in CF because of his lack of range. I have not seen him play, just going by scouting reports that I have read. If I can find it again then I will PM it to you or paste it on the board.

MoS, I'm not even going to take the time and deal with you, because I guess you can't take the time to read my post and see I'm both a Reed backer and a Borchard backer...  :rolleyes:

ok?.. when did I ever say you were on one side of the fence

You said "If he can get his s*** together"

All I did was say how long are we gonna have to wait...

I READ your post, I know where you stand... I wasnt even talking about YOU I was using the potential line thats all... :headshake

I'm done arguing about players few(if any) of us have seen play extensively. Neither of them have done s*** in the majors, and I'm not convinced that either of them will. If Borchard's AAA numbers are so horid, what does that say about Reed? Their BA is about the same, Reed has a few more runs, Borchard has several more HR and RBI, Reed has more walks and fewer K's. For all the talk about how much OBP makes a difference, none of the teams using it have won much. OBP is what made Beane so giddy to get Erubiel Durazo, and what made him want to take Ariel Prieto over Eric Chavez. Reed may end up being a better player, but I seriously doubt he is going to make us regret getting Freddy. In the end I would rather keep Anderson, Sweeney, and Young over both of them.

Average OF? Ok that should mean that he wil be a liability in CF because of his lack of range. I have not seen him play, just going by scouting reports that I have read. If I can find it again then I will PM it to you or paste it on the board.

No - READ WHAT I TYPED. Above average. Not average. And - please do, go ahead, and find me a scouting report where it says Reed is an average outfielder. Paste it on the board when you find it. :)

No  - READ WHAT I TYPED.  Above average.  Not average.  And - please do, go ahead, and find me a scouting report where it says Reed is an average outfielder.  Paste it on the board when you find it.  :)

I have read NOWHERE that he is above average. I have no problem with Aboz's scouting abilities, but that is the first time I have ever heard that about Reed. I will paste it when I find it, no problem at all. :rolleyes:

SoxAce Im with you....

Come back to me in 3 years and lets see who has better numbers... HELL lets see who is actually in the MAJORS... because Borchard might not even be there if he doesnt turn the corner soon..

Have you seen him play? Or are you just in love with Reed because of his stats and his pictures?

In all honestly once, but that was when Reed wasn't well known in the organization. My name was J.Reedfan8 when he was heating up in Birm. I liked Reed cause he gave me his autograph (hopefully it'll be valuable in the future) (Oh and BTW Reed went 1-4 that day) I really didnt see much action from him eigher considering I was on a trip and was playing around with my little brother. ;) Have you seen him play??

Right back at cha Borchardfan.. :headbang

I'm a fan of all White Sox organization players. Even more of a reason to hope Borchard turns out to be better than Reed. Reed is no longer here and can not help us any longer. Borchard is still here and can help this organization greatly. I could care less about a player that is no longer here. ROCK ON BORCHARD!!!!! :headbang :headbang

In all honestly once, but that was when Reed wasn't well known in the organization. My name was J.Reedfan8 when he was heating up in Birm. I liked Reed cause he gave me his autograph (hopefully it'll be valuable in the future) (Oh and BTW Reed went 1-4 that day) I really didnt see much action from him eigher considering I was on a trip and was playing around with my little brother. ;) Have you seen him play??

I am not defending him like you are, nor am I naming my self after him. I am not in love with him as you are. I knew/know what your name was before this one. Same exact picture under your name then and now.

No  - READ WHAT I TYPED.  Above average.  Not average.  And - please do, go ahead, and find me a scouting report where it says Reed is an average outfielder.  Paste it on the board when you find it.  :)

Reed runs well and has a natural aggressiveness that allows him to stretch hits into an extra base. He has become an average center fielder and should get better with more experience there. His arm is average, and he could possibly play right field if he can’t stick in center.

From Baseball America.

SoxAce Im with you....

Come back to me in 3 years and lets see who has better numbers... HELL lets see who is actually in the MAJORS... because Borchard might not even be there if he doesnt turn the corner soon..

And who is to say Reed will? Reed has not even made it as far as Borchard has. As far as pulling for another team's player to be better than your own team's, well that is just sad.

Reed runs well and has a natural aggressiveness that allows him to stretch hits into an extra base. He has become an average center fielder and should get better with more experience there. His arm is average, and he could possibly play right field if he can’t stick in center.

From Baseball America.

Looks like they got you there CWSguy406... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a fan of all White Sox organization players.

So lets say Reed/Olivo (former whitesox orgaizational players) have good careers in Seattle. You wouldnt be a fan of theirs and wish them the best even if you didnt follow them closely.. ;)

And who is to say Reed will? Reed has not even made it as far as Borchard has. As far as pulling for another team's player to be better than your own team's, well that is just sad.

yeah im sorry that I support someone who was OUR minor league player of the year and potential star who was traded like a week ago?

Reed will be better than Borchard... thats my opinion

So lets say Reed/Olivo (former whitesox orgaizational players) have good careers in Seattle. You wouldnt be a fan of theirs and wish them the best even if you didnt follow them closely.. ;)

To do better than say Borchard and whatever catcher we have? NO!!!! I wish for my team's players to do better and have a better career first. I could not care less what other organization's players do and I would never wish them to have a better career than someone from the team that I root for.

yeah im sorry that I support someone who was OUR minor league player of the year and potential star who was traded like a week ago?

Reed will be better than Borchard... thats my opinion

KEY WORD:

WAS!!!!

Borchard still is. Yet you root for a player from another organization to do better than a player from your own. Sad, just sad.