Wilder: "They wanted Borchard"

aboz56

SSI - I think you're totally misunderstanding SoxAce.  In no way is he cheering for Borchard to fail.  In fact, IIRC, he was a huge fan of BOTH Reed and Borchard while they were both still with us. 

He just thinks Reed should have been kept over Borchard, which I tend to agree with.

He still wont get that. ;)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA HA!!!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But wait, the comparisons don't stop there.

Leifer, too, was a 1st round draft pick.......A late bloomer is what people said when he was stuck in AAA.

And when Leifer was Borchard's age (26), he actually had an OPS of 833 in the bigs while with the Sox. JoeBo can't even say that.

Btw.....you nor other irrational Joe backers have asnwered or refuted the following

Who said Borchard has a super-star talent?

-His batspeed and hand-eye coordination are nothing special.

-Neither his pitch recognition, nor his SZ management are of "superstar" quality.

-He lacks nerves of steel of Olerud, Edgar, Boggs, etc.

-He has above average straight-line speed, but is only an average base-runner.

-His range is nothing special and his arm is good but overrated.

-At just 25yo, already can't play a week without a nagging injury paying him a visit.

Yes, he is very strong.   But so are a lot of people working in any given construction site.  

What's the EDGE, what's that SOMETHING that will allow him to succeed where 90+ % of ML OF fail and become that star everyone wants him to be?

Tell me.

No, I am understanding him correctly.

When he says to  He is clearly rooting for one player to hav ae better career over another. He is clearly rooting for a Seattle Mariner over a Chicago White Sox.

Man of Steel said the exact same thing. I am understanding both of them exactly the way they want to be understood.

Dude you dont understand or you wouldnt be making the foolish comments you are..

He still wont get that. ;)

Oh I understood what you said

Come back to me in 3 years and then tell me about their careers (if Boarchard is even in the majors)

That is clearly stating you are rooting for one player over another. That is clearly stating you are rooting for a Seattly Mariner over a Chicago White Sox.

No, I am understanding him correctly.

When he says to  He is clearly rooting for one player to hav ae better career over another. He is clearly rooting for a Seattle Mariner over a Chicago White Sox.

Man of Steel said the exact same thing. I am understanding both of them exactly the way they want to be understood.

We were COMPARING THEM!!! :dips***

I said nothing about Borchard can just go to hell, he wont do s*** for us. All I was saying is Reed will have a better career. If Borchard proves me wrong I love every minute of eating crow, but like I said for the 20th time IN MY OPINION, Reed>Borchard and will have a better career..

Oh I understood what you said

That is clearly stating you are rooting for one player over another. That is clearly stating you are rooting for a Seattly Mariner over a Chicago White Sox.

Here try to understand this SSI...

I wish we would have traded Borchard insted of Reed because I think Reed will have a better career than Borchard, and be more of an asset to our club..

Edit: I meant WOULD have been a better asset to our club, since he obviously is no longer here

I am not rooting for Borchard to suck, I hope he does come around but so far that has not been the case..

Dude you dont understand or you wouldnt be making the foolish comments you are..

THen explain what you mean by your foolish comment about coming back in 3 years and see who is having a better career? Tell me what that means? You are not going to be rooting for Reed to have a better career than Borchard? That is sure what that comment seems to say to me. Explain it, I would love to hear it.

Of course, Reed DID have 65 SB's compared to Borch's 2 at that point.  :lol:

In all honesty, I'm trying to forget about Reed. Yeah, he was good, but Borchard can be good too. And I think he will be.

Reed will definitely be starting for the Mariners next season I guarantee you, since they will begin the youth movement in the northwest. Safeco Field will be a good park for him to line the ball in, so it'll be interesting to see how he does.

What happens with Borch next season will all hinge on what happens with Maggs, if Maggs stays, then the only place I see Borch playing is in LF if we trade Carlos. Of course I still think we should not resign Maggs, get the 2 draft picks, sign a RF to COMPETE with Borch for the RF in spring training, and use the majority of the money to sign an ACE pitcher e.g Matt Morris or Jamie Moyer

OK - I didn't actaully mean they treated Reed like s***.  I just think, for whatever reason, they're misjudging what Reed could and would have meant to our future.  He was going to be our number one or two hitter in the lineup. We need that, a high OBP/avg guy, as opposed to the power Borchard brings.

That's all.  I need some sleep.  :lol:

I understand your frustration, I was upset with the move initially as well. I don't think they were just flat out underestimating what Reed can do, KW had a real hard time okaying this trade. It really just boiled down to winning now. We have a window now with Maggs on the team. This is the year to go for it. I think our club will remain competitve throughout the future, but how many times are we going to have a chance at being in a WS. This may be it for a while for all we know, with the talent there. We may not get there, and probability is likely against us, but personally, I would rather know for sure. With our outfield depth and the likelihood of extending Garcia, I certainly understand the move. I don't think anyone here would not want Reed back, but I do understand the move. For better or worse.

It wouldn't matter, it's not like Ozzie would play either of them anyways. He's enthralled with Aaron and Timo, and would apparently rather play Gload, a 1B, in RF and carry a 3rd catcher rather than call either of them up. The fact that Gload is playing right gives me the impression that they are not wowed by either of their performances. Besides, if they kept them both, I would think he would eventually call up Borchard, since he seems to like a 27 year old career minor leaguer. However, it seems that both players can at least catch and throw, so that rules them out in right. By the way, Brando, where are you getting that report? Because if it is just your random thought it doesn't really carry any weight, and I can just say you're an idiot(not saying you are, just hypothetically speaking). Obviously several people that are paid to evaluate talent thought there was something there, since he is a first round pick and signed a record bonus. The Sox weren't the only ones that thought he could play, as many people rated him as a top prospect for some time.

We were COMPARING THEM!!! :dips***

I said nothing about Borchard can just go to hell, he wont do s*** for us. All I was saying is Reed will have a better career. If Borchard proves me wrong I love every minute of eating crow, but like I said for the 20th time IN MY OPINION, Reed>Borchard and will have a better career..

NOTICE the word BETTER

By saying Reed will have a better career than Borchard you are clearly picking sides. You are clearly rooting for Reed over Borchard. You are clearly rooting for a Seattly Mariner ove a Chicago White Sox.

No where have I ever said you said

Borchard can just go to hell, he wont do s*** for us

All I said was that you were rooting for a Seattle Mariner over a Chicago White Sox which in my opinion is very sad.

THen explain what you mean by your foolish comment about coming back in 3 years and see who is having a better career? Tell me what that means? You are not going to be rooting for Reed to have a better career than Borchard? That is sure what that comment seems to say to me. Explain it, I would love to hear it.

are you insane?

Making that comment

"Come back to me in 3 years and see who is having a better career"

Is to back the statement

WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT REED AND TRADED BORCHARD!!!!

I was in no way saying I hope Borchard sucks and Reed is god...

are you insane?

Making that comment

"Come back to me in 3 years and see who is having a better career"

Is to back the statement

WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT REED AND TRADED BORCHARD!!!!

I was in no way saying I hope Borchard sucks and Reed is god...

Where are you getting these idiotic statements from? I never once said that you said

I was in no way saying I hope Borchard sucks and Reed is god

I am clearly stating that you are cheering for a Seattle Mariner over a Chicago White Sox. Go back and read over my statements if you will and you will see that I am not suggesting anything other than that. Damn!

Carl Pavano. :)

Exactly, it'll be interesting to see what he does in Florida. Can't see them overpaying for him when they already have Beckett, Willis, Burnett and Penny in their rotation. If Mike Lowell goes though, (wouldn't he nice at 3rd for Crede) they'll have more money to use to resign Pavano, since they can move Miggy Cabrera back to 3rd, and sign an outfielder.

NOTICE the word BETTER

By saying Reed will have a better career than Borchard you are clearly picking sides. You are clearly rooting for Reed over Borchard. You are clearly rooting for a Seattly Mariner ove a Chicago White Sox.

No where have I ever said you said

All I said was that you were rooting for a Seattle Mariner over a Chicago White Sox which in my opinion is very sad.

Yeah it is picking sides... its saying we think we should have kept Reed..

What has Borchard done to warrant me to think he is going to be a superstar? He hasnt done anything..

I want him to be a good player for us, but so far it hasnt been shown...

Neither myself nor SoxAce said we hope Borchard sucks and Reed blows him away in the majors...

We both stated we THINK Reed will have a better Career than Borchard as reasoning for why we should have kept Reed...

Please dont even bother argueing with SSI. He's done this to more than one person (ask Steff) He'll just keep twisting words and try to piss you off. :angry:

I'm not twisting your words. I can show you your statement. In fact you can go through and find it yourself. You are in fact twisting my words.

Exactly, it'll be interesting to see what he does in Florida. Can't see them overpaying for him when they already have Beckett, Willis, Burnett and Penny in their rotation. If Mike Lowell goes though, (wouldn't he nice at 3rd for Crede) they'll have more money to use to resign Pavano, since they can move Miggy Cabrera back to 3rd, and sign an outfielder.

Pavano is definitely the number one guy I want the sox to go after. He's just flat out filthy, just watching him in the playoffs last year you could tell he turned the corner. I'm really interested to see what the market is for Carl. How much do you think he'll get?

Yeah it is picking sides... its saying we think we should have kept Reed..

What has Borchard done to warrant me to think he is going to be a superstar? He hasnt done anything..

I want him to be a good player for us, but so far it hasnt been shown...

Neither myself nor SoxAce said we hope Borchard sucks and Reed blows him away in the majors...

We both stated we THINK Reed will have a better Career than Borchard as reasoning for why we should have kept Reed...

No, it is saying that you are rooting for a Mariner player over a White Sox player. That is all that it says. Good luck wtih that.

By the way for the hundreth time, I have never said that either of you have ever said

we hope Borchard sucks and Reed blows him away in the majors...

DAMN!

Where are you getting these idiotic statements from? I never once said that you said

I am clearly stating that you are cheering for a Seattle Mariner over a Chicago White Sox. Go back and read over my statements if you will and you will see that I am not suggesting anything other than that. Damn!

You act like I am going to get mad if Borchard hits a HR, or does something good because I want Reed to be so much better than him..

Bottom line is, I think we should have kept Reed because I think he will have a better career than Borchard, and again, would have really been something we need..

Another power hitter with a low average is NOT what we need...

Pavano is definitely the number one guy I want the sox to go after.  He's just flat out filthy, just watching him in the playoffs last year you could tell he turned the corner.  I'm really interested to see what the market is for Carl.  How much do you think he'll get?

Well I could easily see him getting over $9 million probably $10 million, IF he continues to dominate and has a great playoff series. Some team in desperate need of pitching (e.g Texas, Baltimore) will make a big offer for him.