Ladies and Gentlemen

Ishmookie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On June 24th, on a rainy Thursday afternoon against Cleveland, the attendance was announced at 22,000+.

I was at that game, and was very impressed with the crowd.

Lots of groups - looked like summer camp outings, work outings, etc.

I assume there were more of the same today.

Great to see ( and HEAR ) a nice-size crowd for the Sox!!!

:headbang to the 27,845!!!

If the Sox were smart, they should make every Wednesday and Thursday home games in the Summer weeks as day games. They would draw better.

I dont think the Sox have a say in scheduling... i think thats all MLB

Drawing that much after 5 s***ty games shocks me...hopefully the Sox can put on a show for the larger crowds.

Yeah, boy, the Angels sure are a s***ty team. They're no fun to watch at all. Vlad, Anderson, Guillen, and company are just boring. :headshake :)

Yeah, boy, the Angels sure are a s***ty team. They're no fun to watch at all. Vlad, Anderson, Guillen, and company are just boring. :headshake  :)

A loss = a s***ty game, especially the way they had been beaten down. It doesn't matter who's on the opposing team, you're less likely to go if you think it's gonna be another 2-run (or less) disaster.

A loss = a s***ty game, especially the way they had been beaten down.  It doesn't matter who's on the opposing team, you're less likely to go if you think it's gonna be another 2-run (or less) disaster.

Ide still go if I could... I wouldnt care if we were the worst team in the majors, ill go see my team play live any day... I dunno, its just something that wouldnt matter to me, I would enjoy myself at the game live no matter what..

Ide still go if I could... I wouldnt care if we were the worst team in the majors, ill go see my team play live any day... I dunno, its just something that wouldnt matter to me, I would enjoy myself at the game live no matter what..

That is great to read, but unfortunately a lot of people don't feel that way, I think.

There is a percentage of people who want to "root root root for the home team" more than they want to just enjoy a baseball game, and if the home team isn't doing well, they're not going to attend.

In my mind, a day at the ballpark beats most other ways to spend a summer day or night, no matter the home team's W-L record.

That is great to read, but unfortunately a lot of people don't feel that way, I think.

There is a percentage of people who want to "root root root for the home team" more than they want to just enjoy a baseball game, and if the home team isn't doing well, they're not going to attend.

In my mind, a day at the ballpark beats most other ways to spend a summer day or night, no matter the home team's W-L record.

Good point, but i think some of it also "hell if my team doesn't spend money or give a crap about winning, why should i give them my money"

See: Chicago Blackhawks

I go to a few games a year (and it's even harder no living here during the season), but if they spent money and committed to winning and didn't treat the fans like crap, more people would go more often. Until then, Wirtz will stare at empty seats.

Good point, but i think some of it also "hell if my team doesn't spend money or give a crap about winning, why should i give them my money"

See: Chicago Blackhawks

I go to a few games a year (and it's even harder no living here during the season), but if they spent money and committed to winning and didn't treat the fans like crap, more people would go more often. Until then, Wirtz will stare at empty seats.

That logic doesn't apply as much this year to the Sox, thankfully.

It's nice to see the walkups, though.

I try to go as many games as I can, this year I have gone to 7, last year we went to 11, but if the team is playing like s***, I wont go. Ozzie said yesturday he was embarassed for the 25000 fans that showed up because of the way the Sox were platying and they paid to watch that. If the team is playing like that, im not shelling out 50+ to see that. 

After yesturdays win, im going saturday :D

I understand that position and agree to a point, except to say that if I happen to go to a clunker or two or three, if I think the team is still playing hard and not loafing, then I'm still going to more games regardless.

You can never guarantee an exciting game or a Sox win, obviously, so the end result doesn't usually affect whether or not I attend a game.

Boring style of play ( SlackHawks ) or continued indifference - or worse - toward the paying customer and/or potential paying customer ( SlackHawks ) WILL keep me from attending games.

That said, I restate my position that a day or night at the ballpark is VERY hard to top for me. Absolutely love everything about it, from people-watching before the game to the game itself to discussing the game afterwards. ALL great.

Just a quick question and NOT a jab of any kind:

If the Sox had battled back to tie the Angels TWICE but lost in extra innings, does that mean that you would not be going on Saturday?