Jose bashes Frank

southsideirish

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Queen.. the "other" thread about this topic.. is getting hysterical!!!  rolleyeyes.gif

Damn, troll city over there. People knocking others and have only posted a few times or just signed up under those names.

I am biased in the arguement, so I will stay out of it.

Unless Soxtalk wants a dose of FRANKAMANIA!!!!?

Damn, troll city over there. People knocking others and have only posted a few times or just signed up under those names.

Lord help us... :o

:lolhitting

Well we are no where near the 75 pages that this thread is supposed to go so have at it!!! :lol:

He was. There were several instances in which they showed him on TV. Maybe not in the dugout, but in other places.

He was in Florida for over 2 weeks while on the DL. He was in the dugout maybe twice, while the other times in the suite, on the fan deck, etc.. How is that supporting the team? Frank missed 2 (?) games of sitting in the dugout.... rolleyeyes.gif

The sweetest thing would be a championship for the Sox, while Frank is on the DL being a non-contributor. If Frank weren't pushing for the HOF, or earning an exaggerated paycheck, he would have retired already. Has anyone ever seen or heard any love for the game from Frank? I know that applies to many if not most ballplayers, but Frank oftentimes seem to be the worst example.

:dips***

In my opinion I really think Jose should shut up. Thomas is the heart and soul of this team. Frankly, Jose's injury is really not the equivalent of Thomas' injury. Thats so bogus. Thomas has a hurt foot. Not smart on Jose's part.

Now he can find his 5 million overpaid ass out of town at the end of '04.

How is he being a chickens***?  Frank could sit on Jose.  And Jose is not the manager of the team either.

If you have balls, go tell Frank this on hia face....and hopefully if he did, I hope Frank would kill the asshole

Frank is a franchise player...Valentin is a big mouthed asshole who could not bat >0.260 to save his f***ing life

If you have balls, go tell Frank this on hia face....and hopefully if he did, I hope Frank would kill the asshole

Frank is a franchise player...Valentin is a big mouthed asshole who could not bat >0.260 to save his f***ing life

Settle down psycho. No one's killing anyone.

And just for your information...Jose hit .273 in 2000. That looks like .260 to me.

Isn't it kind of crazy how the last two times a player has bashed Frank for something like this when it comes to not playing during an injury it becomes something this serious where he misses such an extended amount of time?

2001 with David Wells

2004 with Jose Valentin

He was in Florida for over 2 weeks while on the DL. He was in the dugout maybe twice, while the other times in the suite, on the fan deck, etc.. How is that supporting the team? Frank missed 2 (?) games of sitting in the dugout....  rolleyeyes.gif

Didn't Ozzie also call Maggs out for going away from the team and not communicating with him personally? I remember something to that affect, so I really don't think there is a double standard there. The same was said to Maggs, through the press. Maybe not by Jose, but instead by Ozzie. Is there a difference?

In my opinion I really think Jose should shut up. Thomas is the heart and soul of this team. Frankly, Jose's injury is really not the equivalent of Thomas' injury. Thats so bogus. Thomas has a hurt foot. Not smart on Jose's part.

Now he can find his 5 million overpaid ass out of town at the end of '04.

Beastly, did he compare his injury to Frank's or anyone else's? Just wondering. If he didn't then what is the point of your post? He is definately not overpaid, if anything that move is looking quite nice by Kenny.

Isn't it kind of crazy how the last two times a player has bashed Frank for something like this when it comes to not playing during an injury it becomes something this serious where he misses such an extended amount of time?

2001 with David Wells

2004 with Jose Valentin

Greasy, Wells questioned Frank's heart if you remember correctly. Wells questioned the severity of the injury. Jose is doing nothing of the sort. Jose is just asking for Frank to be a good teammate, whatever that means in his world.

I knew I was going to hate this thread when I say it. I should have went with my gut instincts and skipped it. Personally, I have no problem with either Maggs or Frank for not being there. If you're disabled, take some time and get away from the game and the travel.

Nor so I have a problem with Ozzie or Jose. They had an opinion and expressed it.

This is much ado about nothing.

with the type of foot injury Frank has, he shouldn't be hobbling around the dugout. He needs to be off his foot as much as possible. His injury is different than Jose's and Maggs'. They could walk around a little and not aggravate their injuries. Frank can't. With his weight, the more he's on his feet the more time he could be lost for.

Jose should have kept this private [unless he has his medical degree and knows a 275 lb man walking around on a broken foot is OK]. End of story

Didn't Ozzie also call Maggs out for going away from the team and not communicating with him personally? I remember something to that affect, so I really don't think there is a double standard there. The same was said to Maggs, through the press. Maybe not by Jose, but instead by Ozzie. Is there a difference?

JMO.. but the manager opening his mouth is different than a peer. The manager runs the team, not the other players and, IMO, they should leave such matters (calling others out) up to those in charge. Don't agree with that either.. but I'd rather be called out by my boss than a co-worker. Chain of command works better than way.

JMO.. but the manager opening his mouth is different than a peer. The manager runs the team, not the other players and, IMO, they should leave such matters (calling others out) up to those in charge. Don't agree with that either.. but I'd rather be called out by my boss than a co-worker. Chain of command works better than way.

OK, understandable. I can definately see that point of view.

Agreed.

Here's all I have to say to the Big Skirt.... :fyou

Once you opened your mouth a few years back about your "deal," (which YOU signed by the way) you lost all respect from me. From that point on, I was Anti Big Skirt and will continue to be.

Here's all I have to say to the Big Skirt.... :fyou

Once you opened your mouth a few years back about your "deal," (which YOU signed by the way) you lost all respect from me.  From that point on, I was Anti Big Skirt and will continue to be.

Wait til we keep losing without Frank. Hate him off the field, but we will struggle without him on the field. It has begun.