We NEED a true Leadoff hitter!

RibbieRubarb

While batting first for the White Sox...

I've seen the Willie Harris movie. Not getting it Done

I've seen the Juan Uribe movie. Not getting it Done

I've seen the Aaron Rowand movie. Not getting it Done

Now I want to see the Leadoff Hitter movie!

Starring the guy who gets on base, takes a lot of pitches and isn't afraid to steal! Plus he must play a position we need to fill (CF, 2nd or C)

Any Casting ideas?!

I think this is one of our MAJOR concerns.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give Harris a shot to get it done. Not just for one or two days. Give him a good one or two weeks, see if he can get it done. He was doing fine until he started splitting PT with Uribe. Go back to the start of the season plan - make Uribe ultra-utility guy, Harris at second, Valentin at short, Rowand in center.

I've always liked Kendall, but like RR says, that contract is.... bleh, bad. He is the type of player we need in our lineup, though. This year, his numbers are down a bit, but still very, very solid. .309 AVG, .389 OBP, 33/22 BB/K ratio, 2 HR, 33 RBI. We could stick him in the two hole, and watch him get on base before Maggs, Lee, Valentin, etc.

BTW - If we did get Kendall, I'd probably go out and get a Jason Kendall Sox jersey. So that's even more incentive to go out and get him, Kenny! ;) :lol:

Can we give back Juan Uribe and get Aaron Miles back?

Do we really have to go through this again?

Besides the fact Uribe is younger, plays three positions, and is much much much much MUCH better defensively....

Miles is the perfect Coors Field hitter. He doesn't walk much, but Coors will help him out offensively. Away from Coors, his OBP is a Corey Patterson-esque .309, with a whopping 0 homers. Let's see how long this little streak of his lasts, and then you can go back into your little hole of negativity and of all knowledge.

I know after the Maggs/Willie Collision he said is ankle wasnt 100%, but not its getting crazy. The guy is so fast, I just dont understand it.

Willie ain't a good basestealer tho. He doesn't know how to use his speed. I remember the other year he played winter ball down here and stole 11 bags and was caught 10 times