Paging Jon Garland...

Here's the message:

Dear Jon:

Sunday is a big game. We'd like to at least stay in first for the Minny series opener, and with Mark and Freddy going one two in that series, we feel pretty f***ing good about our chances. Now, after a dramatic win, tacked on to the Cleveland series and Friday night, the team could come out flat on Sunday. That's where you need to step up. So, as Hawk has said on occasion, Big Jon, nothing to it but to do it.

Cordially,

A.L.G.

P.S.

Don't make me get nasty with you on Sunday afternoon.

Yes I agree Judy needs to step it up huge tomorrow this intensity that this team is feeling now can all end tomorrow if we have one of those "fall-asleep" games like we are capable of. So a good outing by Jon-Jon and this should take care of itself. We need to show the Tigers who are the leaders of the Central and tell them that this team is not like last year's team by any stretch of the imagination.

Jon...please keep Judy locked in the closet tomorrow.

Amen to that!!!

We want Jon, not Judy out there tomorrow! If Jon shows up and dominates like we all know he can, this could be a very big momentum-swinger in his favor for the rest of the haul this season. We need him to step up big, since it doesn't seem like Schoey or E-Lo are going to be consistent enough. He's gotta assume the roll of our #3 guy and pitch for consistency. If he stays out of the big inning, he WILL succeed in a big way!

Can we please stop with the "Judy" stuff? It's really getting old. Can we just please say he's inconsistent or that he sucks ass instead of referring to him as an actess that happens to have the same last name? I agree we need him to have a good start, but come up with something new.

Can we please stop with the "Judy" stuff? It's really getting old. Can we just please say he's inconsistent or that he sucks ass instead of referring to him as an actess that happens to have the same last name? I agree we need him to have a good start, but come up with something new.

It is that simple if you do not like it do not use it. ;)

I wasn't trying to be funny. I want Jon Garland to pitch tomorrow..not Judy Garland. ;)

A typical Garland outing - nothing great, nothing bad - 6IP 4ER.

When will people realize that he is NOT a young pitcher in terms of quantity of starts? Is this what we should expect for the rest of his career? It seems like we have been saying that he will turn it around for a couple of years now, but he never does. I don't know if he will ever be more than a 4 or 5 starter.

Tony, can I respectfully disagree.

This is a game where you're ready to sweep the Tigers and you've got your biggest rival coming in for three games, and they are hot big time.

Keeping us in the game is not good enough. He did his usual nibble around the plate nonsense and he had several 3-2 counts. Mechanics on the changeup were awful ... he gave that pitch away and was lucky he didn't get hurt even more.

We got a couple of runs to try and get the momentum, he promptly gives them back up.

That's not what we needed today - Garland needed to step up and give the team 7 quality innings ... he did not.

One other thing.

This Carlos Guillen is on fire, and f***ing Jon Garland didn't even make him move his feet in the batters box. How many times are you going to let this guy get a hit off of you? He is on a hot streak, no doubt, but Garland should've knocked this guy down. He is the worst pitcher on the Sox in terms of sending a message to the other team. Carlos Guillen was digging in and getting comfortable way too easily.

Sox pitchers need to do a lot better job of taking control of things.