Torii go bye bye

Palehosefan

IMO, bean balls are retaliation for bean balls, not hard plays at bases, whether borderline dirty or not. The whole sliding into second/third/home thing works for me. I don't need a beanball war, that's all. I don't see what the hell throwing at Hunter's head does at this point, at all.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, bean balls are retaliation for bean balls, not hard plays at bases, whether borderline dirty or not.  The whole sliding into second/third/home thing works for me. I don't need a beanball war, that's all. I don't see what the hell throwing at Hunter's head does at this point, at all.

Fine you don't want a bean ball then here's my suggestion. Next time Burke is catching and Hunter grounds out. When Torii is trouting back to the dugout Burke can come out of nowhere and blindside him... Is that fair?

I know one of the main reasons this isn't a bigger deal to most of you is that Burke isn't a star catcher AND he didn't get seriously injured, but a hit like that could have ended his career or worse given him brain damage.

Fine you don't want a bean ball then here's my suggestion.  Next time Burke is catching and Hunter grounds out.  When Torii is trouting back to the dugout Burke can come out of nowhere and blindside him... Is that fair?

I know one of the main reasons this isn't a bigger deal to most of you is that Burke isn't a star catcher AND he didn't get seriously injured, but a hit like that could have ended his career or worse given him brain damage.

That's reasonable.

Was the hit part of baseball? Yes

Was it borderline dirty? Maybe

Get over it already.

This is like talking to a wall  :banghead , so maybe it's not worth it.

You are so wound up about hitting Torii Hunter.  It's such a loser attitude.  It's the attitude of a team that finishes in second place. 

If somebody did that to the Yankees or the Cardinals, do you honestly think they would spend one minute worrying about the silliness you have spent two days whining about?  They would go out and win the next game - and then the next game after that.

And for Pete's sake, nobody over the age of 12 gets momentum from hitting somebody else with a baseball.  You get momentum from winning.

No it's not worth it ... MR. WALL.

You're apparantly too dense to comprehend ... what about that brawl Yankees vs. Red Sox ... or did you miss that one? Those two teams are very concerned about momentum, and the Yankees in particular can be categorized as winners. The Red Sox almost always have a winning record.

So regardless of what your panty waist world says, things like we've been talking about DO matter.

No one's whining here, except for you on your high horse. My suggestion is they drill Hunter and get it over with. You don't like it, too bad.

You know very little about momentum and how it's created within a baseball game and during a baseball season.

For that matter, from what I've seen, you know very little about baseball.

Stick to little league.

You guys have been at it for two days and accomplished nothing.

STOP ARGUING.

Dad, is that you??

Thanks for the advice, you may be right ... but you do know you can just pass by the thread if it doesn't suit your taste, right?

Mom here.. and I agree. You guys can't even discuss it without tossing insults. 2 days later.. move on kids.  :P

I never listened to my mom that much anyways.

That's reasonable.

Was the hit part of baseball? Yes

Was it borderline dirty? Maybe

Get over it already.

That hit was NOT part of baseball. If the catcher is blocking the plate then it is part of baseball....and the catcher knows it's coming, but if he is nowhere near it...then it is malicious attack.

This is akin to the Todd Bertuzzi hit on Steve Moore. A lot worse things happen in hockey than sucker punching a guy....but because that sucker punch knocked the guy out, his head went head first into the ice and he suffered vertebre damage....it's assault. So instead of Moore rolling over and fighting back.....it's bad news for Bertuzzi.

If Burke had neck injuries...there would be a lot more talk of suspension, fines, and maybe even assalut, but since he's not hurt...you call it part of the game. It ain't part of the game....and it's a shame that someone needs to get seriously hurt for some people to see that.

Its part of baseball, just like spiking someone and beaning someone in the head with the baseball is part of the game. But in most cases there is payback for those incidents, which is also part of baseball. But not for Ozzie...

Anyways, nobody is going to win this argument, just let my thread die a peaceful death.

Hmmm, we must have gotten swept because we didn't hit Torii Hunter in the head or knock him down after running out a ground ball.

We would have had all that momentum, you know.  If only we'd knocked him down. Damn, we'd be in first by now.

Definately is a possibility, isn't it? rolleyeyes.gif

Hmmm, we must have gotten swept because we didn't hit Torii Hunter in the head or knock him down after running out a ground ball.

We would have had all that momentum, you know.  If only we'd knocked him down. Damn, we'd be in first by now.

:headshake

Abso-f***in-lute-ly we did.

Well, let's rephrase. We got swept because they are playing with some such P-A-S-S-I-O-N - you know, that stuff we were playing with early in the season?

Torii Hunter played his ass off. And he played with heart.

It's more then I can say for the guys with the Sox on their hats this week.

Abso-f***in-lute-ly we did.

Well, let's rephrase.  We got swept because they are playing with some such P-A-S-S-I-O-N - you know, that stuff we were playing with early in the season?

Torii Hunter played his ass off.  And he played with heart.

It's more then I can say for the guys with the Sox on their hats this week.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

You just couldn't let it die, could you?

I was willing to let the thread die, but you come on here being a f***ing smartass.

Well, smart guy, tell you what ... see if you can figure this out dumbass:

They didn't do anything in terms of retaliation, and they got swept. Doesn't mean that was the sole reason, it wasn't.

But it is a fact.

By the way, where is the quote that Jamie Burke "congratulated" Torii Hunter on the collision play?

Go ahead smartass, go try to find it. While you're there, pull your head out of your ass.

As I said before, stick to Little League.

On second thought, maybe even that is a little too complicated for you ozzietheairhead.

That was necessary...  rolleyeyes.gif

Sure was.

Wasn't me who wouldn't let the thread die. Guy wants to be a smart ass and expects everybody will just let him be a smart ass?

rolleyeyes.gif

Sure was.

Wasn't me who wouldn't let the thread die.  Guy wants to be a smart ass and expects everybody will just let him be a smart ass?

rolleyeyes.gif

Sure. If he wants to continue to bring to light what a dips*** he is.. so be it.

Sorry for adding my $0.02.. just consider you to be better than that above.

My mistake. Wont happen again.