Torii go bye bye

Palehosefan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not surprised about the baseball tonight guys, they are always up the twins ass. All they ever talk about is how the Twins are the best team in the central and how they play the game the way its supose to be played with great pitching and small ball, ofcourse now something happenes which could hurt their immage a little and they try and hide it....thats why I usually dont watch Baseball tonight much.

There starting pitching is not that good at all radke is decent, always has been over-rated. Santana on the other hand is a stud. Their other starts suck terribly.

Holy s***, I just got back from work and saw the play on Sportscenter. What a f***in asshole! Hunter needs to get hit and hit hard by someone tomorrow night. That s*** just doesn't fly. We're supposed to have great team chemistry, so when a guy takes a cheap shot at one of our players, I expect someone to strike back.

:fyou Torii Hunter

Ozzie Guillen's post game comments were extremely disappointing

In a short segment played on ESPN 1000, it sounded as if Ozzie admired Torii Hunter (and the Twins) for playing "hard" baseball. "They come to play everyday," he says. Furthermore, Ozz explains how he doesn't know whether the play was dirty or not, and doesn't plan on reviewing the play. He suggests that its going to be his call whether or not to throw at the opposition. Where the "call" was tonight is anyones guess.

Great message to your teammates Ozzie. What exactly doeswarrant redemption in your book? Players hit by pitch in a blow-out doesn't, and obviously an intentional tackle means nothing as well. :headshake

Now answer this for me: If one of the Twins were annihiliated at home plate (as the result from a dirty tactic) would they not retaliate? Ozzie preaches team unity, but what message does this send Jamie Burke to know his players don't have his back.

"Redeem yourselves on the field," some of you say. What those people seemingly ignore is this incident goes far beyond win and losses. Even IF the White Sox win the next two games, they're only 1/2 game in first. This series honestly doesn't mean too much in the overall scheme of the divisional race. Lose the next two, Sox are 3 1/2 out with 60+ games to play. Twins will have to go through hell (in August) and there will be more then enough time to overcome any deficit. Tonights 8th inning cheaps*** is more important to our team than several of you may realize. Have we not all seen how backing up your teammates builds great bonds within the clubhouse?

This particular incident with Torii must either be resolved within the next two games, or not at all. Would you want the Sox to become burdened with this until their next meeting? Plunk his ass or forget about it. If Ozzie has some balls, and preaches a clubhouse where everyone is family, then stick up for your kids. Hit Torii. :bringit

I can't fathom what you guys are upset about that the Twins are getting coverage. 2002 ... 1st place. 2003 .... 1st place. currently ... 1st place. Seems to me that they deserve it. Hell it's better than some NY/Boston bs.

Now that I think about it, with the way Jackson has been pitching recently, if he would have thrown at Torii's head it would have likely been right down the middle for a HR.

That thought actually ran through my head. It kind of looked like Jackson's body was drifting at Torii like he was aiming for him.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/deluca/cst-spt-deluca271.htm

I heard the quote from Torii Hunter last night (as several of you did in the other thread) and was almost certain it would likely find its way into local newspapers.

Now, above all else, issuing death threats is completely uneccessary, but is there any chance that maybe Hunter misheard a comment from the fans? Our fanbase has come under tremendous scrutiny for the numerous on-field incidents and Tuesday night brawls, so isn't it a possibily Hunter singled out several words and percieved it as a death threat? With the crowd bellowing in back of him, maybe he was anticipating a fan incident and conditioned himself to isolate threatening words.

Alright, so I admit it may be a distinct (if not improbable) reason, but what would possess a fan to lean over the rail and threaten Hunters life? Alcohol? Probably. I would love to hear if any Soxtalk members were close to this incident and could either validate or dismiss Hunters claims.

It just burns me when a dumbass takes it within himself to act tough and give our fanbase more bad publicity. This should be another fun afternoon of Sox bashing on the local radio stations.

good be a ploy by hunter to get the attention off his dirty deed...

It doesn't matter how "Nice" he may be off the field, White Sox fans are looking for a scapegoat and someone they can consistently hate from the Twinkies, and they just found some1. ;)