Randall Simon

DBAHO

I know he's been discussed around here before, with our injury problems he could be a guy to go after possibly but he's really been struggling with the bat this year. And they are going to get rid of him most likely if they acquire Doug Mientkiewicz according to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

One other point here. If the Pirates do get first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz from Minnesota in a Kris Benson trade this week, Simon's departure will be imminent -- if not instantaneous.

I don't think some one who is hitting .185 can solve our hitting problem...

He wouldn't be brought in and be looked at as a savior. He'd be looked at as a low-risk, high-reward type of player.

We get him and he starts hitting like he did with the Cubs last year, and we got ourselves a diamond in the rough, and there is really little need at all to get an everyday RFer, since we can just put Jurassic out in RF, have Simon DH, and we are set.

I prefere Olerud because he doesn't go for power like a lot of players on this team. He'll get the base hit or the double and I think that'd help this team.

He is not like other the other hitters on the sox at all, he has only shown 15-20 home power. He takes his hits when he can get them from what i have seen.

I know he's been discussed around here before, with our injury problems he could be a guy to go after possibly but he's really been struggling with the bat this year. And they are going to get rid of him most likely if they acquire Doug Mientkiewicz according to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

One other point here. If the Pirates do get first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz from Minnesota in a Kris Benson trade this week, Simon's departure will be imminent -- if not instantaneous.

No thanks ;)

The nonwaiver trade deadline is 3:00 pm on Saturday. If we wound up with nothing but Randall Simon...that's like getting wool socks for Christmas.  Gee thanks, Uncle Kenny. Now where's my goddam bike?

You got your bike before Thanksgiving, now go give your Aunt Helga a kiss :angry:

:P

I don't think this has been brought up but what about going after Todd Walker? I think the Sox would prolly have to wait for next year to get him when he's a FA . He is a decent hitter and can play a good 2B. Just a thought, don't know how realistic this could be though.

YEAR G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

2004 80 262 51 73 15 3 12 31 32 38 0 2 .279 .361 .496 .857

Why are so many people on this board infatuated with Randall Simon?

Because of what he did with the Cubs down the stretch last year....282 6 21 and only 7 K's in 103 ABs...another thing to note is that he almost had twice as many K's(7) as BB's(4)...yeah, that's ugly.

The fact that he hit .333 in the playoffs helps too.

The nonwaiver trade deadline is 3:00 pm on Saturday. If we wound up with nothing but Randall Simon...that's like getting wool socks for Christmas.  Gee thanks, Uncle Kenny. Now where's my goddam bike?

Huh? I agree...getting Freddy Garcia and Carl Everett is like getting wool socks on Xmas. I hope I get the same pair next year then too.

Huh? I agree...getting Freddy Garcia and Carl Everett is like getting wool socks on Xmas. I hope I get the same pair next year then too.

I think he's referring to making a deadline deal...with Benson, Kendall, Catalanotto, Hairston, possibly RJ, among others, available, and all we got was Simon...that's the wool socks.

Getting Garcia was like getting your first car and having it be a 68 Camaro in nice shape, and getting Everett is like getting something else you really wanted.