How did you hear of Soxtalk?

BridgeportHeather

Back in the day when i posted at whitesox.com ColSat46 had his little boat thing goin on and one day he put up a link to the website. Well i was lookin at it and saw all the names of the whitesox.com posters then i saw more names that ive never heard of. So i asked him who those people were and he told me they were from the soxnet boards. So i go and find out that soxnet was shut down but there was a link to soxtalk so i went. Posted in the little boat thread and liked the place so much i rarely came back and after about another month i never came back except for maybe 5 times since october and every time i go back i forget my password and always put fake email addresses is so i had to make a new account. :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all of the new people that have come here lately, I thought it would be cool to hear everyone's stories as to how they heard of Soxtalk.

In the 1998-2000 seasons, I posted at the White Sox official site (chisox.com), before it became a cookie-cutter site that was run by Major League Baseball in 2001.  The site was awesome, and the message boards, run by HOST Amy (I wonder what she's up to right now), were hosted by Ignite.  I'd say that the message boards were much classier than the official site's has become since the switching to the cookie-cutter sites.

Anyways, I believe it was Mario or RedPinStripes who told me about a new site coming up called Soxnet, so I decided to check it out at its origination.  I really enjoyed it, so I began posting at the message board when they originated.  Jason and Mario did a fine job with that site, and I can't believe how far this place has come!!!

I am a refugee from WSI. I left during the big revolt they had against the mods back in 2002. I got really tired of a couple of stuck up assholes like Daver & Voodochilie trying to censor peoples posts so I stuck it to them in a nice farewell post and left.

A poster at the official White Sox message boards gave me a link to this place and I checked it out. I immediately registered because this place looked a lot better. More creative, more background. Since then, I haven’t posted over at Chisox.com. I even have this site in my favorites. :)

How I got here....

I got banned from WSI during the aforementioned "Moderator Revolt" as told by Nuke for typing these three letters: c-r-y. I s*** you not. I knew about SoxNet for a bit but honestly had nowhere else to go. So I hopped aboard, met Jason, started up FutureSox and annoyed the hell out of everyone here! :)

I came over from the MLB boards because that board was going down the s***ter.

A link was posted, and there were "recruiters" there if that's what you want to call them. HSC, cw, Jas, baggs...a lot of people told me about it. Then I decided to come over here.

To be quite honest, one of the reasons I came over here was because I could say f*** and s***. :lolhitting :banghead

How I got here....

I got banned from WSI during the aforementioned "Moderator Revolt" as told by Nuke for typing these three letters: c-r-y. I s*** you not. I knew about SoxNet for a bit but honestly had nowhere else to go. So I hopped aboard, met Jason, started up FutureSox and annoyed the hell out of everyone here! :)

They b****ed at me too for talking back to a mod.

I basically said, okay, you moved my thread, you b****ed at me, and then even after that, you moved someones thread. Great going.