Twins trade

my5thbench

morneau is their future at first base and mientkewicz's contract is up after this season. i can't say they made themselves better, but they did at least get something instead of nothing for a guy who was not going to be on the roster next year.

ive been hearing around for awhile that the twins were supposed to get Derek Lowe in the deal. Is it a possibilty that they just rushed into the deal cuz they wanted to get rid of Doug Mientkiewicz...but wouldnt that just make there team weaker.

anyways guys im new here but have been readin post here for quite some time

GO SOX!!! Dont care what the others are sayin....IT AINT OVER TILL ITS OVER

GO SOX!!! :headbang

ive been hearing around for awhile that the twins were supposed to get Derek Lowe in the deal.  Is it a possibilty that they just rushed into the deal cuz they wanted to get rid of Doug Mientkiewicz...but wouldnt that just make there team weaker.

GO SOX!!!  Dont care what the others are sayin....IT AINT OVER TILL ITS OVER

Welcome. :) I'm not sure if this was a good trade for the twins or not. I think Morneau is a better player then Mientakdfanfdla, however Doug was a huge part of that team and was one of their leaders, I'm torn if it was good or not for them but I guess time will tell.

I've also been reading the posts here for a long time now but thought I would throw in Doug's dislike toward the organization after the Benson trade talks surfaced. With him unhappy his performance could have definitely been hurt and also team chemistry. Plus it is always important to get something when you know he will walk in a few months anyway.

can anyone tell me how the Twins benefitted from the Nomar trade?

they gave up Mankeiwicz for a minor league player I've never heard of

I don't get it

go go Soxxxxxxxxxx

bench

Justin Jones was rated the number 2 cubs prospect by baseball america. he is a young lefthander. Good prospect, that will probably kill the sox three years from now.

Justin Jones was rated the number 2 cubs prospect by baseball america. he is a young lefthander. Good prospect, that will probably kill the sox three years from now.

he has had a lot of arm trouble though.

Jones is a very good prospect, however he's still in a ball so he has a long way to go. If your declaring him a sox killer already, I'm declaring bmac a twins killer.

Dougie had gotten into Gardenhire's doghouse for b****ing about playing time and not being able to concentrate because of the trade.

Dude was deadwood.

Morneau is their future.

So they dumped him for the Cubs' Number Two prospect.

They get better at first base -- and get a pitching prospect.

Not a bad deal.

Almost as good as dumping AJ Motormouth and getting one of the best closers in the AL.

I dislike the Twins immensely, but I have to give their GM props.

They keep turning over that team -- Lawton, AJ, Dougie, Milton, Rick Reed, LaTroy, Kenny Rogers, Guardado, Hocking -- and they're still sitting in first place.

Sad, but true.

I truely think that in 2001, trading Lawton lead to their demise. They were on a roll until that happened and then Cleveland passed them. The Sox did pass them but ended a few games behind the Twins.

What lead to their demise in 2001 was Kelly's persistance on using LaTroy Hawkins as closer. He blew like 9 saves, had an ERA around 6.00 and a WHIP around 2.00.

And you thought Koch was bad

Yeah I forgot about Hawkins blowing so many saves at the end of the year. I still think trading Lawton didn't help the cause though. He was a team leader on that team. Maybe trading Doug will have somewhat of the same effect but they have a good closer in Nathen so it'll be a little harder.

ive been hearing around for awhile that the twins were supposed to get Derek Lowe in the deal.  Is it a possibilty that they just rushed into the deal cuz they wanted to get rid of Doug Mientkiewicz...but wouldnt that just make there team weaker.

GO SOX!!!  Dont care what the others are sayin....IT AINT OVER TILL ITS OVER

Welcome to Sox Talk :cheers :snr