Se il mio amor a tutta la mia vita

cwsox

E....Lets say we want to talk about banning people.  I know its been referenced a few times, that without you, people are essentially going to be banned.

That makes me unsure about my future, because I know that all of my old posts are through with, I will never make another one of those posts, but I am concerned about being banned if I am in a heated debate over something that I strongly believe in. :unsure:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and Vince.

Thank you for all of your insight. I think you are such a honerable man.

Email me if you want, or if I ever see you on AIM i'll IM you.

Sorry it had to end this way, my friend.

Heres to hope this won't be your last stay at soxtalk.com :cheers

That makes me unsure about my future, because I know that all of my old posts are through with, I will never make another one of those posts, but I am concerned about being banned if I am in a heated debate over something that I strongly believe in. :unsure:

Beastly

I remember some advice I read a while back, never be upset at something that cannot be upset for you.

This board is a collection of bits and bytes humming along on some undersized server. If you or I were banned the server doesn't care, and we shouldn't care either. This should be on par with a favorite TV show. If it goes off the air, or your cable company no longer subscribe, just change the channel and move on. Figure out what is really important in life, spend your key energy in those pursuits, and do not grieve for something that cannot grieve for you.

This whole situation has gone from absurd to ridiculous.

Mods offering to step down, rotating mod ideas, accusations and defenses flying around at amazing speed, posting in ITALIAN of all things???? :ph34r:

This is WAAAAAAAY too much drama and wringing of hands for a simple Internet message board.

While I ALWAYS enjoy reading Vince's posts - he brings ( brought? ) a viewpoint that I don't think anyone else on the board does - if he feels too uncomfortable to post here anymore, then so be it.

These "soap opera" threads are interesting for a while, but at some point we have to get back to the business of deciding which 3 people in the entire Sox organization should NOT be fired.

:D

I would also be happy to do a rotating Mod thing, and be more than happy to step aside as well. It's not a tough gig, it's fun, and most of us are on the site fairly regularly at any rate. but Tex is right, you fell compelled to follow threads more closely as a Mod to make sure things aren't getting out of hand and it would be better perhaps to share that duty. There are certainly lots of people here that are more than capable of it.

My enjoyment of the site comes from reading and contributing to the threads, and I can do that with or without the extra doodads on my control panel.

Current issues and all of us not seeing eye-to-eye on things aside, this is a GREAT site with a great big - if sometimes dysfunctional - community (we put the 'fun' in dysfunctional?).  That is precisely why people get emotional about it.

That's exactly my reasons too for posting on this site, well firstly when I joined, it was just to keep up with more White Sox news, and I'd probably never thought I'd post as much as I did at the time. Mods shouldn't be considered as "Figure Heads" put up on a pedestal above all other posters here on SoxTalk, that's not the case at all. I post on this site because I want to and I enjoy it, I have made some great friends which I would really like to meet one day if I had the oppurtunity.

I think the rotating Mod thing is an excellent idea, just to keep things fresh and to give others on here, and there are a lot on here who deserve the chance to help contribute more around the site. I would certainly be willing to do it, even though I've just started as a mod, just to give someone else a chance. Everyone around here wants to make these boards better all the time and that's all we're trying to do. I suppose we're all on here discussing these things anyways because of the way the Sox have been playing. Thanx guys. :lol:

I think the idea of rotating mods is intriguing, but probably not necessary as long as the mods are trustworthy individuals.

It's something for the Admins to consider is all. Ideally it has nothning to do with trustworthiness. It has more to do with letting a volunteer really put some effort into something for a finite period, but then be able to take a break and not feel bad about it as well.

People's activity waxes and wanes on on this site - even the hardcores. A Mod who is burned out, needs a break, plays summer tours with his rockin' teen combo (PA :cheers ) can get a break and everybody gets a chance to pitch in.

Like being a crossing guard in 6th grade - you do it for two weeks but then give up the post before you get DRUNK WITH POWER! :D

It's something for the Admins to consider is all.  Ideally it has nothning to do with trustworthiness.  It has more to do with letting a volunteer really put some effort into something for a finite period, but then be able to take a break and not feel bad about it as well.

People's activity waxes and wanes on on this site - even the hardcores.  A Mod who is burned out, needs a break, plays summer tours with his rockin' teen combo (PA  :cheers ) can get a break and everybody gets a chance to pitch in.

Like being a crossing guard in 6th grade - you do it for two weeks but then give up the post before you get DRUNK WITH POWER!  :D

When you put it that way it sounds like a good idea.

Bartender, I'll take a shot of power on the rocks.

I think the idea of rotating mods is intriguing, but probably not necessary as long as the mods are trustworthy individuals.

I believe the biggest roll of mod is being the Wal*Mart greeter. Make people feel at home and encourage people to stay and post. It is to set the example of what the site should be (the hardest part at times) the worst part of the job IMHO is having to read threads I care little or nothing about to see if someone is abusing another. I think people see being a mod as some kind of validation of their worthiness as a poster. I don't see the two as related at all. In fact the best posters, those guys like Isreal4ever who are passionate about certain topics, would find it difficult and frustrating to mod.

If this becomes "work" which some people have tossed out there as in "I worked to make this that" or "All the work I did" they should stop now. This should not be "work".

I dislike the term rotating mods, but it is close. I proposed months ago to several of the admins 2 things.

1. 6-month term limits on mods

2. 1-month guest mod periods for people to jump in and fire up a few things.

AFAIK both are still under advisement, and I'm feeling bad about going public and maybe giving Jas some more grief. Although it confirms my belief that most of the mods would welcome a limit.

And finally let's remember the people who actually PAY to play here and cut them some slack.

"The Love of My Life" is the loose translation.

Not that this has anything to do with anything but, Queen did an awesome song with this title ("Love of My Life").

Also, as long as I am on the subject of 'nothing that has to do with anything,' SBC SUCKS!!!! Problem is there isn't any other reliable services offered in my area (that I know of lol).

Forgive me for being a new jack. I discovered the site back in March, so I wasn't here for the 2003 Soxtalk Awards. I find it very odd that cwsox is mentioned by damn near everyone on that board as a nominee for Poster Of The Year, Mod Of The Year, Best Poster To Add To A Thread, etc. Seriously, damn near every single person mentions him.

So what has changed since then?

Anyway, I hope that you stick around, cwsox. The Beatle heads don't want to see you depart. Well, most of the Beatle heads, anyway. :ph34r: