2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Purdue may win and Orton may get a whole bunch of media for it, but he really isnt all he's hyped up to be. Drew Brees was a replica of him and look at him, he sucks in the NFL. Orton sure as hell wont be a Peyton Manning, so drop that subject.

How isn't he all that he is hyped to be? Have you watched any Purdue games this season? This kid has a cannon for an arm, uncanny accuracy, amazing touch, and a poise that you just can't teach. Even if you haven't seen him play on a consistant basis, the numbers don't lie. 17 TD versus 0 INT is simple amazing. Add in a 70%+ completion rate, 1,300+ yards, 38+ points in every game, and a 4-0 record. Not to mention the fact that he hasn't played in 3 quarters(do to big leads) and threw only a couple passes in the 4th quarter today. If you think he is a replica of Brees, than it is clear that you have no idea about football talent. The only thing that Brees and Orton have in common is that they are both accurate. Orton is taller/stronger, has 10x the arm that Brees has, has better touch on his balls(especially the deep balls), and has a poise/leadership advantage(IMO). Apparently I am not the only one that seems the similarities between Orton and Manning according the the SI article(which I haven't read). NFL scouts are drooling to get their hands on this kid. If the team with the #1 pick needs a QB, than Orton will probably be the 1st pick in the draft next year, and will almost certainly be the #1 QB taken in next years draft. I hate Purdue, but I love watching pure passers like Orton throw the ball.

Woohoo the NIU game is back on Comcast Sports.

NIU whooping ass.

Is that Tom Waddle announcing?

Yea it is, I love that broadcasting duo.

BTW...Huskies the winners in this one, 49-19...Frye was a little shaken up at the end, hope his arm/shoulder is alright, he's got a lot of promise for the pros.

How isn't he all that he is hyped to be? Have you watched any Purdue games this season? This kid has a cannon for an arm, uncanny accuracy, amazing touch, and a poise that you just can't teach. Even if you haven't seen him play on a consistant basis, the numbers don't lie. 17 TD versus 0 INT is simple amazing. Add in a 70%+ completion rate, 1,300+ yards, 38+ points in every game, and a 4-0 record. Not to mention the fact that he hasn't played in 3 quarters(do to big leads) and threw only a couple passes in the 4th quarter today. If you think he is a replica of Brees, than it is clear that you have no idea about football talent. The only thing that Brees and Orton have in common is that they are both accurate. Orton is taller/stronger, has 10x the arm that Brees has, has better touch on his balls(especially the deep balls), and has a poise/leadership advantage(IMO). Apparently I am not the only one that seems the similarities between Orton and Manning according the the SI article(which I haven't read). NFL scouts are drooling to get their hands on this kid. If the team with the #1 pick needs a QB, than Orton will probably be the 1st pick in the draft next year, and will almost certainly be the #1 QB taken in next years draft. I hate Purdue, but I love watching pure passers like Orton throw the ball.

Dont wet your pants on him yet, plenty of good football left.

41-16 Purdue

but I'm sure you guys have some excuses...

Wake me up when Purdue plays a real team..

Wow, Notre Dame got lucky and upset Michigan, they still suck ass..

When Purdue plays a real team, then Ill start thinking about how good they really are

Wake me up when Purdue plays a real team..

Wow, Notre Dame got lucky and upset Michigan, they still suck ass..

When Purdue plays a real team, then Ill start thinking about how good they really are

people keep saying the same s***... and Purdue keeps rolling

so you won't be happy til Purdue plays OSU?

sounds like someone's a little pissed their team is losing ;)