Edwards Owned Cheney

LowerCaseRepublican

Next time put that post in GREEN

He's bankrupted how many businesses? It's been reported that his only profitable arrangement was the Texas Rangers.

Most of the oil companies in Texas went bankrupt during that time. The only thing that would have saved him would have been unfair influence by the government. So proof again that he made it on his own.

Next time put that post in GREEN

He's bankrupted how many businesses? It's been reported that his only profitable arrangement was the Texas Rangers.

In 1989, George W. Bush invested $606,000 as part of an investment group that purchased the Texas Rangers. Largely because of the construction of a publicly financed stadium -- the Ballpark at Arlington, now known as Ameriquest Field -- the group sold the team to Hicks nine years later for $250 million. Bush's reported share was $14.9 million; the 2,358 percent return on his investment made him financially secure enough to enter politics.

1) Buy shares in Baseball team.

2) build publically funded stadium

3) Profit.

1) Buy shares in Baseball team.

2) build publically funded stadium

3) Profit.

Exactly how most of the other millionaires in baseball have done it. Who wouldn't want a nice taxpayer funded stadium? I'd think less of him if he built it with private money.

This shows he understands the importance of public works programs funded by the government and the ability to get others to give you stuff. Isn't that what we want in a President? If he could get some Middle Eastern Country to fund these wars on terrorism instead of us? YeeHaw ! :headbang

Well that's 3 people publicly and counting... what is your goal for driving people off today, Tex?

Bush and Reinsdorf and everyone else who has built a stadium in the past 20 years have used public money? Why criticize the President for doing the same thing? He'd be an idiot to not use public money. Would you seriously vote for a guy who didn't compete for every edge?

We are pumping billions into the middle east to help them, let them pick up some of the tab, I'm sick of my tax dollars going to middle east billionaires. Did Kuwait every pay us back for saving their asses? No. Will Iraq? No.

So screw them. I will never travel 3,000 miles to the Artic Nature Preserve or whatever they call it. Let's punch a bunch of wells and flood the US with cheap oil and say screw the oil producing countries. So some elk have their views messed with. It's the Dems who want to save some wilderness who no one ever goes to. The Exxon Valdez spewed oil all over a bay, it didn't effect me one bit, so why should I care about some elk in Alaska? It's stuff like that that is just plane stupid.

But when I say it, I'm mocking? Y'all have been telling me this sdtuff for years, now at this point in my life, I start to agree, it causes problems. No we want our moderate democrat Tex.

I am sorry that my switching parties has caused some people to be uncomfortable around here. The Dems have left me, I didn't leave them. Their policies suck for the middle class majority and led to 9/11. Clinton left us defensless against 14 guys with box cutters.

Bush and Reinsdorf and everyone else who has built a stadium in the past 20 years have used public money?  Why criticize the President for doing the same thing? He'd be an idiot to not use public money. Would you seriously vote for a guy who didn't compete for every edge?

We are pumping billions into the middle east to help them, let them pick up some of the tab, I'm sick of my tax dollars going to middle east billionaires. Did Kuwait every pay us back for saving their asses? No. Will Iraq? No.

So screw them. I will never travel 3,000 miles to the Artic Nature Preserve or whatever they call it. Let's punch a bunch of wells and flood the US with cheap oil and say screw the oil producing countries. So some elk have their views messed with.  It's the Dems who want to save some wilderness who no one ever goes to. The Exxon Valdez spewed oil all over a bay, it didn't effect me one bit, so why should I care about some elk in Alaska? It's stuff like that that is just plane stupid.

But when I say it, I'm mocking? Y'all have been telling me this sdtuff for years, now at this point in my life, I start to agree, it causes problems. No we want our moderate democrat Tex.

I am sorry that my switching parties has caused some people to be uncomfortable around here. The Dems have left me, I didn't leave them. Their policies suck for the middle class majority and led to 9/11. Clinton left us defensless against 14 guys with box cutters.

Make it five!! ban me if ya want, but Tex you're acting like a f***in jagoff.

instead of spending the billions of dollars to develop the Arctic Refuge.. using the oil for let's say 10 years and finding ourselves in the same boat we are currently in.. why not work with or REQUIRE the major US automakers to produce cars with a minimum of 25 or 30 MPG. Hell if Honda and Toyota can do it (and both make trucks and SUV's) why can't Ford, GM, Crysler do the same? That way we work to solve the oil consumption problem, rather than just put a band-aid over it.

You are wrong, Tex. Clinton DID go after Bin Laden and ordered missile strikes at an Al Qaeda Camp where he was thought to be and also at a pant that supplied nerve gas to Al Qaeda. However people got on his ass for 'wag the dog' and claimed he was using it to cover up the Lewinski scandal. If we had just left the man's personal decisions alone, and let him concentrate on his work for the country, he might have just gotten Bin Laden. As proved by the 9/11 commission, Bush and his administration 'looked over' several bits of information that could have prevented the attacks. But 'could haves' don't matter, because we can't change what happened. It was too bad Bush could not have been a gentleman and apologized to the puublic for the mistakes he did make, because he sure as hell did make mistakes.

Edited by CubsSuck1

Bush and Reinsdorf and everyone else who has built a stadium in the past 20 years have used public money?  Why criticize the President for doing the same thing? He'd be an idiot to not use public money. Would you seriously vote for a guy who didn't compete for every edge?

So screw them. I will never travel 3,000 miles to the Artic Nature Preserve or whatever they call it. Let's punch a bunch of wells and flood the US with cheap oil and say screw the oil producing countries. So some elk have their views messed with.  It's the Dems who want to save some wilderness who no one ever goes to. The Exxon Valdez spewed oil all over a bay, it didn't effect me one bit, so why should I care about some elk in Alaska? It's stuff like that that is just plane stupid.

:headbang :headbang :cheers :cheers :notworthy

-4 plus PA...

Tex for President of Soxtalk :)

btw tex... if dems dont care about middle class, GOPers definitely dont... tax cuts for the wealthy... yeah they're looking out for ya. How about you actually listen to an Edwards speech before you say he doesnt care about the middle class. They're the people he cares most about. I dont believe that the level-headed, clear thinking person you used to be would go for all these lies and believe that Bush actually got where he is from working...