concern about KW

fathom

Fogg's numbers haven't been that good, and Wells haven't been too special.  Just imagine what their numbers would be like if they were in the AL and in one of the best hitter's park in the league.  :puke

Wells has been very good the last two year not so much this year because of his injuries. He would still hav ean era around 4.00-4.25 in the a.l. i feel.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then Schueler was high too. I'm not trashing KW, a GM's allowed one boneheaded move. But the trade itself was bad in both respects, it looked bad on paper -- Ritchie hadn't had a good season in a while -- and it ended up bad in fact. At the very least, Kip Wells was much better than Ritchie in 2002. (And not even the AL bump wouldn't have made him worse than our fifth starters the past 2 years.)

Through his first 8 starts he had run support problems, going 4-4 with a 3.18 ERA.  Then he got hurt and eventually had rotor cuff surgery.  He was just called up by the D-Rays yesterday.

I still think he could have been pretty good if he didn't get hurt.

Let me put it this way. When the trade was announced my very first thought was "Wait, did they forget to mention Brian Giles?"

That is the honest truth. I remember reading the ESPN bottom line ... The Chicago White Sox traded P Kip Wells, P Josh Fogg and P Sean Lowe to the Pittsburg Pirates for P Todd Ritchie ..... and I'm thinking the next words to scroll would be .... and OF Brian Giles.

I thought we got reamed from the first second I heard the details of the trade, and I still do.

Through his first 8 starts he had run support problems, going 4-4 with a 3.18 ERA.  Then he got hurt and eventually had rotor cuff surgery.  He was just called up by the D-Rays yesterday.

I still think he could have been pretty good if he didn't get hurt.

He got into last night's game pitching the 9th with the Rays down 7 runs to the mighty Red Sox. 1 inning, 1 K everything else zeros.

Don't mean to be a Todd appologist but he seemed like a good guy and played hard. Just couldn't get anybody out with his broken wing. I'd like to see him do well for himself agaisnt everyone but the White Sox. I root for Cal Eldred too.

He got into last night's game pitching the 9th with the Rays down 7 runs to the mighty Red Sox.  1 inning, 1 K everything else zeros.

Don't mean to be a Todd appologist but he seemed like a good guy and played hard.  Just couldn't get anybody out with his broken wing.  I'd like to see him do well for himself agaisnt everyone but the White Sox.  I root for Cal Eldred too.

Yeah, agreed, it's not on Ritchie, it was a bad trade by management. I hope he does well, too.