God Bless the Twins

TLAK

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are telling me that we are one free agent away from having a better rotation then Mulder-Hudson-Zito-Harden-Redman?

Hell, Rich Harden would probably be our damn ace...and he may not start in the playoffs for Oakland.

Garcia-Pavano-Buehrle-Contreras-Garland > Mulder-Hudson-Zito-Harden-Redmond

Actually the Sox were a better team this year.

Actually, they weren't. Not this year ... or last year ... or 2002 ... or 2001. I don't know about you, but after 4 years of this crap, I'm convinced the Twins are the better team ... from the front office to the minor league system to the team on the field.

Im against inking anyone, you want to win the division, and content for the Crown?????  Dismantle this whole team, lets rebuild our farm system with picks and prospects, get younger, and hope they turn out in five year.  Cause at this point, our team doesnt work, we traded a majority of our prospect over the past three years to kill alot of our future.  Face it, we are in a deep deep hole, with only one way out, go the other way.

By using free agency, the Sox can rebuild their farm and scouting systems and remain competitive. We have 4 pretty solid starting pitchers to build around, with Contreras, in my opinion, being the weak link.

Actually, they weren't.  Not this year ... or last year ... or 2002 ... or 2001. I don't know about you, but after 4 years of this crap, I'm convinced the Twins are the better team ... from the front office to the minor league system to the team on the field.

Well then I guess it's clear who you should root for in 2005.

Well then I guess it's clear who you should root for in 2005.

Where did that come from. I'm making my statement from an intellectual perspective, not from the heart. I'd say 4 consecutive years would prove the point without any room for arguement whatsoever.

Where did that come from.  I'm making my statement from an intellectual perspective, not from the heart.  I'd say 4 consecutive years would prove the point without any room for arguement whatsoever.

I apologize. I'm just really pissed off about reading how much better the Twins are than us. Let's take away their two best players and see how good they are then. We just ran into really, really bad luck.

I apologize.  I'm just really pissed off about reading how much better the Twins are than us.  Let's take away their two best players and see how good they are then.  We just ran into really, really bad luck.

I understand your frustration, believe me.

I apologize.  I'm just really pissed off about reading how much better the Twins are than us.  Let's take away their two best players and see how good they are then.  We just ran into really, really bad luck.

I doubt that would be the difference. Their pitchers so badly outclassed ours, Frank and Maggs probably wouldn't be enough.

I think last year was mostly bad luck, but this year they were really much better. I hope they do well. If nothing else, unless the rivalry is really something special (Bears-Packers), I like seeing Midwest teams beat the rest of the country.

Garcia-Pavano-Buehrle-Contreras-Garland > Mulder-Hudson-Zito-Harden-Redmond

garica (3.86 1.21)-buehrle (4.12 1.32) contreras (5.84 1.50) Pavano (3.11 1.21) Garland (4.99 1.39) Mulder (4.13 1.30) Hudson (3.36 1.25) Zito (4.35 1.40) Harden (4.06 1.34) Redman (4.81 1.49)

Sox = Collective Avg ERA 4.384 WHIP =1.326

A's = AVg ERA =4.142 WHIP = 1.356

Barring that Freddie's ERA has gotten alot higher since he started with the sox. And the fact that Pavano plays in the national league, and could be a fluke. The lineups look pretty even as far as how they have produced this season. The records arent nearly as close, but he may have a point here

thats unbelievable.  Schilling, Pedro, my dog, and your mom, are better than ours will ever be.  We dont have an ace.  We dont have any truly dominant pitcher.  In fact we have 3 pitchers in the rotation who are .500 pitchers or worse

White Sox team ERA has now dropped to 4.99; second to last in the AL behind Kansas City. Blame the ineffective bullpen or conditions at USCF for inflating the stats, but this teams pitching is horrid and this the real reason this team choked away the division.

Fortunately for KW, he has a gift wrapped excuse of Maggs/Thomas injuries to postpone his firing. I simply don't believe the argument of some that "many teams won't win without their two best players." If so, why did the Sox fall short last year? Healthy Thomas, Ordonez still embarrassed the Southside and we all were fooled into believing Manuel was the reason.

While I understand Williams hands have been handcuffed by Uncle JR, 2005 should undoubtably be his defining year. Assemble a team of grinders who play inspired baseball, fine, but if this team fails to reach the postseason it should be the end of the line. 5 years after inheriting a division champion with the highest rated minor league system and having nothing to show for it equals unemployment.

sorry, I retractd that post once I saw how close our starters were to Oakland's.  Maybe it is our bullpen that has been hurting our ERA, def not the wins though

Come to think of it, It was kinda funny Imagening one of our Moms on the Mound pitching. :lol: :D :rolly :P

The Twinkies lost Mauer, Hunter, Koskie - and their pitching was friggin terrible early in the season (by saying that, I mean that Santana didn't come into his own yet) - yet did the Twins cry? No, better yet - did we take advantage? We had Thomas and Maggs back then, why didn't we take advantage?

I know it's hard to win without your two best players, but then again, maybe that's the fault of how the team was constructed. I'm not blaming KW for this, but maybe we should realize something - if you invest most of your offensive stock in two players, trouble may arise if your team gets the injury bug...

Sorry if this comes off as a rant. Well, it is...

While I understand Williams hands have been handcuffed by Uncle JR, 2005 should undoubtably be his defining year.  Assemble a team of grinders who play inspired baseball, fine, but if this team fails to reach the postseason it should be the end of the line.  5 years after inheriting a division champion with the highest rated minor league system and having nothing to show for it equals unemployment.

After a long and endurring season, after all of the pain we as Sox fans have gone through since 2000, I've finally come to terms and agreed with this statement.

People say that Kenny 'tries' to win. Well, trying isn't f***ing good enough any more. Every team has injuries, hell, even teams within the races have had critical injuries - (Oakland with Chavez, New York with Brown, Minny with Mauer/Koskie/Hunter). It's time to put up or shut up for Kenny, no more of this 'trying' bulls***...