Who would you want?

Butter Parque

Who would be the first player you would want in the Major Leagues?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be the first player you would want in the Major Leagues?

• Barry Bonds
    • Albert Pujols
    • Manny Ramirez
    • Vladimir Guerrero
    • Carlos Beltran
    • Johan Santana
    • Derek Jeter
    • Scott Rolen
    • A-Rod
    • Randy Johnson
    • Ichiro

He was a very good hitter before steroids. But now i have no respect for hit whatsoever.

Of all the players in MLB, his numbers this year suggest that he wasn't on the roids. Look at Sosa, Boone, and Giambi. All these guys have gone to s*** since the steroids became a big issue. Rather, Bonds continues to be absolutely awesome.

Of all the players in MLB, his numbers this year suggest that he wasn't on the roids.  Look at Sosa, Boone, and Giambi.  All these guys have gone to s*** since the steroids became a big issue.  Rather, Bonds continues to be absolutely awesome.

He most likely conditioned himself much better than them. Have you ever seen pictures of him when he was a lead-off hitter for the pirates? You don't look like that and turn into the monster he is now from no drugs.

Did you ever think that Bonds just became extremely good because he learned so much about the game from playing it that he's been able to conquer it? Look at Sosa for an example of someone who used the juice to boost his power, and now is an average hitter without it. Taking steroids wont enhance your ability to never swing and miss, etc.

BTW, has anyone ever considered that Loaiza might have been on the juice last year? I've heard a lot of rumblings that Borowski on the Cubs was thought to have been on it last year. It would explain a lot of things about Esteban.

Did you ever think that Bonds just became extremely good because he learned so much about the game from playing it that he's been able to conquer it?  Look at Sosa for an example of someone who used the juice to boost his power, and now is an average hitter without it.  Taking steroids wont enhance your ability to never swing and miss, etc.

BTW, has anyone ever considered that Loaiza might have been on the juice last year?  I've heard a lot of rumblings that Borowski on the Cubs was thought to have been on it last year.  It would explain a lot of things about Esteban.

No i have never thought of that because he took steroids and everyone knows it. Is their a need to try to deny it for him? He may or may not still be on steroids even if he isn't it will still be easy for him to maintain his build.

Also why would you think he was on steroids last year? He has always been able to hit 94-95. Most pitchers start really young when that take them.

No i have never thought of that because he took steroids and everyone knows it. Is their a need to try to deny it for him? He may or may not still be on steroids even if he isn't it will still be easy for him to maintain his build.

Also why would you think he was on steroids last year? He has always been able to hit 94-95. Most pitchers start really young when that take them.

The pitchers being on steroids was a common discussion earlier in the year because there were a handful of guys that were throwing like 7 mph less than they were the year before while saying that there was nothing wrong with their health. I don't think that Loaiza had been throwing 95 mph the few years before joining the Sox.

From what I've heard about steroid use, it's not easy at all to maintain your build after getting off the juice. There's a reason why guys like Giambi and Sosa are noticeably smaller now. Don't you think these guys would love to maintain their build in order to deflect controversy?

The pitchers being on steroids was a common discussion earlier in the year because there were a handful of guys that were throwing like 7 mph less than they were the year before while saying that there was nothing wrong with their health.  I don't think that Loaiza had been throwing 95 mph the few years before joining the Sox.

From what I've heard about steroid use, it's not easy at all to maintain your build after getting off the juice.  There's a reason why guys like Giambi and Sosa are noticeably smaller now.  Don't you think these guys would love to maintain their build in order to deflect controversy?

Pitchers lose several miles an hour every year always have always will.

All i have to ask you is can you honestly say that you think bonds has never ever even once been on steroids?

Pitchers lose several miles an hour every year always have always will.

All i have to ask you is can you honestly say that you think bonds has never ever even once been on steroids?

I'm 50-50 on Bonds for one reason: he's so arrogant that he would never think he needed steroids to make him a better player. If Bonds would have been a worse player this year, than I would have thought he was on the roids. Rather, he's as dangerous as ever this year. I don't think there's any doubt that Giambi and Sosa were on the juice, and I'm 50-50 on Boone. Other players that I always thought could be on steroids are Jose Guillen, Richard Hidalgo, Jason Varitek, David Ortiz, and Willie Harris. Ok, kidding w/Willie.

I had a very reliable source that said many of the Red Sox players last year were involved with steroids. Take that for what it is.

I'm 50-50 on Bonds for one reason:  he's so arrogant that he would never think he needed steroids to make him a better player.  If Bonds would have been a worse player this year, than I would have thought he was on the roids.  Rather, he's as dangerous as ever this year. I don't think there's any doubt that Giambi and Sosa were on the juice, and I'm 50-50 on Boone.  Other players that I always thought could be on steroids are Jose Guillen, Richard Hidalgo, Jason Varitek, David Ortiz, and Willie Harris.  Ok, kidding w/Willie.

I had a very reliable source that said many of the Red Sox players last year were involved with steroids.  Take that for what it is.

Alright, thank you. I just feel anyone who thinks sosa was on steroids has to think bonds has or still does. Their builds were basically identically when coming up and in their early years. I know barry has not worn down but i truly feel he has just kept his body in fantastic shape. Which is the reason he still looks as big as ever. Just my humble opinion.

One year - Bonds, of course.

Longterm - Pujols. No brainer.

Derek Jeter? C'mon. That is nuts. If Jeter had been in Milwaukee or KC all these years he's been in New York he'd be considered just another decent shortstop. I'll even give you "above average". But to be the first choice to build a team around? Not in this lifetime.