Shingo for Rookie of the Year

orangekrush88

Actually Lew Ford is not.  he spent too many days on the roster last season. So even though he didn't have the # of AB's to disqualify him from rookie status.  Time on the bench cost him the award.

Oh ya victor martinez is not either. I remember discussing this earlier in the year.

I hate the fact that the forgein pros are allowed to be ROY canditates.  I love Shingo, but he should not be eligible for this award

Why not? I still haven't heard a good argument for this. Should players who play professionally overseas not be able to win the NBA rookie of the year? Fact of the matter is its his first season in MLB and he should be eligible for the award.

Why not?  I still haven't heard a good argument for this.  Should players who play professionally overseas not be able to win the NBA rookie of the year?  Fact of the matter is its his first season in MLB and he should be eligible for the award.

They are professional players. That is my arguement. You might as well make someone who gets traded from the AL to the NL eligible as well because in my eyes it is the samething.

He has absolutely no chance

1- Look what they did to Matsui last year and quite frankly, Matsui's rookie year was a hell of a lot better then Shingo's.

2- I would choose Crosby over him anyway because he is a shortstop and a hitter who has really helped their team now that Tejada is gone. I would also probably choose Madrisich over him because it is probably the hardest thing to do, to come in as a rookie starting pitcher and be as succesful as he has.

Let me see if I can understand this correctly.

You guys want a reliever(and I'm not even going to bother with the numbers), who was closer for half of a season for a 2nd place team that tanked in the second half to be ROY over Bobby Crosby, who is the starting SS for a playoff team(even if they don't make the playoffs...I will still view them as a playoff team), and is a big part in their success too. He does not have outstanding numbers(.250 21 62 .775), but I still think he deserves it more then Shingo.