Game Thread 9-24

jackie hayes

Borchard ends the inning w/ a k. When he grounds out, it's exciting b/c it's so rare.

Burke hitting at the bottom of the middle of the order. Would you think about putting him towards the top of the lineup? Not usually a catcher's spot, but Burke doesn't have much power, has a good obp, and doesn't strike out much. Really a bad fit?

Borchard ends the inning w/ a k.  When he grounds out, it's exciting b/c it's so rare.

Burke hitting at the bottom of the middle of the order.  Would you think about putting him towards the top of the lineup?  Not usually a catcher's spot, but Burke doesn't have much power, has a good obp, and doesn't strike out much.  Really a bad fit?

I never thought batting a catcher high in the order was a good idea, because you wear them out, but at this point it couldn't hurt.

Anyone else growing concerned with Freddy's drop in velocity since returning from the DL? Ever since Manny Ramirez's HR several weeks ago he's yet to exceed 90 mph on his fastball.

Great. Now Garcia gives up two straight hits to the anemic KC offensive and coughs up the lead. Only one solution can arrive from this development: Ozzie will leave Garcia in for 115 + pitches and continul to add unneccessary arm stress on our ace.

Anyone else growing concerned with Freddy's drop in velocity since returning from the DL?  Ever since Manny Ramirez's HR several weeks ago he's yet to exceed 90 mph on his fastball.

Great.  Now Garcia gives up two straight hits to the anemic KC offensive and coughs up the lead.

A little. I don't understand why he'd still be in the rotation now, anyway, unless he's a sure 100%.

Anyone else growing concerned with Freddy's drop in velocity since returning from the DL?  Ever since Manny Ramirez's HR several weeks ago he's yet to exceed 90 mph on his fastball.

Great.  Now Garcia gives up two straight hits to the anemic KC offensive and coughs up the lead.

I've been concerned w/Freddy's velocity ever since he came to the Sox. I used to remember him throwing 95-96 mph. Now, everything is 91-92. I wonder if he fell in love with the offspeed pitch too much.

when was the last time one of the starters gave up less than 4 runs...cuz it seems that freddy is on his way for a run parade.

September 19: (last Sunday) Garcia pitched 7.1 innings, surrendering 6 hits and 1 ER.

-Before that?-

September 10: Jon Garland pitches 6.1 innings, allowing 2 ER against Anaheim.

Quickly browsing box scores, White Sox pitcher have thrown 5 quality outtings (in 22 games) for September. It's becoming increasingly obvious the subtraction of Maggs/Thomas from our lineup wasn't the only factor in the Sox collapse.